My client has expressed to me that she feels pressure from her father to find a job as soon as possible since he has stated to her that if she doesn’t find a job by August she will be moving back home to New York so this is a very big stressor for her. She is also stressed because her lease is up in August and she isn’t sure where to look for a new place to live because she would ultimately like to live close to wherever her job ends up being so its an easy commute since she isn’t that much of a morning person. She also worries about having to adjust to waking up early it has always been a challenge for her when she was younger and in college you had grown accustom to the ability to choose later classes so she could sleep in, although her last semester a class of hers was at 8 o’clock in the morning and she expressed how hard it was adjusting to it even when she would go to sleep earlier.
When I asked her how her family has supported her and if it impacted her decision to get the degree she received I noticed it was a very emotional and touchy subject for h...
... middle of paper ...
...onventional. Given the information I was given I find that my client most likely fit into artistic personality and when she took the Career Key Test she fit into that category as well.
There were severally instances in my discussions with my client that I really saw her how artistic her personality was truly shinning through. I first noticed it when she would tell the stories from her childhood or when she would get really excited about something her voice, body language, expression, and use of her hands all would become so animated and come to life almost it was like she was trying to tell a story and put on a play. I felt like I was watching a one-woman performance. My client even brought me some of the photos she had taken during her senior year in high school for me to truly see and visualize and get a better understanding of why she was so passionate.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The following is my account and summary of my sessions with a particular client. This client of mine came to see me because she was seeking direction in guidance regarding the next stage of her life. My client is a Caucasian female and recent college graduate and 25 years of age. She has graduated with a degree in criminology as is unsure of which path she wants to go with it. Currently my client is unemployed since she recently graduated about three weeks ago. My client has expressed to me that would ideally like to work in a job that can relate somehow to her degree although she has expressed to me that she would not like to be come a police officer or go to law school.... [tags: High school, Personality psychology]
1161 words (3.3 pages)
- My client which I will refer to as Martin, is a 12 year old Hispanic male that was referred by his mother for have problems controlling his anger, poor self-esteem, and poor social skills. The client when I did his assessment was very timid and shy with myself. The answers I was getting from him were very short and straight to the point. I had little knowledge of this age group but I did know a little about him before he came in from the conversation I had with his mother. Growing up his biological father verbally, mentally, and physically abused him.... [tags: Developmental psychology]
848 words (2.4 pages)
- Personal Statement A personal statement is a document required in education programs as well as when one is applying for a job. It is a document that is written to describe a person’s strength or weakness. It is therefore an important document that one must always have ready any time anywhere. Personal statements do not have to look the same. They may be written focusing on one’s interest for example a personal statement written specifically to apply for a specific job. What appears inside is what gives that person credibility on whether to get the job or not.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Statements, Want]
1132 words (3.2 pages)
- Growing up as the son of a rural Iowa veterinarian, I got my first experience in a medical field while riding along with my dad on calls, and from an early age my interest was piqued. It was the first of multiple experiences that pointed me toward a career in physical therapy. In my elementary and junior high years, a couple of elderly neighbor ladies often called on me to help them with chores around their homes and yards. This is where I first discovered my love of working to help others. It was rewarding beyond any payment to know that I was helping them live independently a little longer, even if I was only playing a small part by doing their odd jobs.... [tags: Personal Experience]
754 words (2.2 pages)
- Personal Strategic Management Plan: Vision Statement: My vision is to have a plan for where my life is heading, to be able to adapt to the inevitable changes that arise, and keep my values in tact that help me to live a meaningful and valued life. Mission: The core values that will help maintain my vision are: • Ambition • Responsibility • Commitment • Innovation • Dependability • A balance of flexibility and stability Stakeholder Identification: My stakeholders include family, the company I work for, coworkers, friends, and the local community.... [tags: Strategic management, Management, Strategy map]
1584 words (4.5 pages)
- Understanding my personal values and those that are integral to my chosen professional, will assist me in transforming what I think into how I act. The values I will strive to turn into ethical behaviours are balance, calmness, tranquility, endurance, optimism, continuous education, never disparaging colleagues, confidentiality, respect and non-discrimination. Personal values regarding family, self, friends and acquaintances: 1. A state of consistent equilibrium is essential, so that I do not feel as though my life is spinning out of control.... [tags: Goal, Management, Regulatory Focus Theory]
1155 words (3.3 pages)
- Listening to my music as I write this paper brought me to truly think about what my core values are. In order to discern that I had to ask myself, “What in life, is most important to me?” The common answers are honesty, loyalty, happiness; however, I found that what I truly care about the most, is connection. A feeling, a sensation that two people can hold a deeper connection with each other than what is truly necessary in the world. Humans strive for connection but I believe we take it for granted and don’t realize the impact we have on each other.... [tags: Sociology, Virtue, Social work, Social justice]
970 words (2.8 pages)
- Personal Philosophy of Nursing This paper explores the personal philosophy I have as a nursing student and what I intend to convey throughout my nursing career. A philosophy is “an analysis of the grounds and concepts expressing fundamental beliefs (Merriam-Webster’s online dictionary, n.d.). Before entering into any profession it is important to evaluate your personal philosophy about the profession, as it pertains to values and principles in which believe in to guide your practice. The field of nursing is more than treating a physiological ailment, but it involves providing quality care for the individualized needs of each patient, hence being client centered.... [tags: personal narrative]
1425 words (4.1 pages)
- What the Client said: ROBYN: I notice with myself, I start getting very stressed on Thursday night,because I know that he 's coming home, and he 's going to be critical of how I parent Michelle, and critical of the decisions I 've made in the week. It didn 't used to be like that. We used to be a family. And now it 's just him wanting to have things perfect. He 's so worried that someone 's going to see that we 're not perfect, and that we have to work really hard on Thursday night, Friday morning, to make sure everything is the way that 's going to make him happy when he gets home What was negative about the client perspective: The clien 't overall perspective of the situation is nega... [tags: Nonverbal communication, Facial expression]
2182 words (6.2 pages)
- Client was arrested on 11/30/2015. Client reported she was incarcerated at Riker’s Island. On 1/5/2016, Client walk in the Social Service Office to informed this worker that she re-entered the shelter on 1/5/2016. Client in the meeting had body odor. Client reported since 11am she being asking onsite RA for her personal belonging so that she can take a shower and changes her clothes. Client continues to report due to limited staff onsite she was told to wait until the RA return from lunch. . In the meeting client was dressed in slack black pants and sweat black hooded sweater.... [tags: Health care, Psychiatry, Medicine]
1075 words (3.1 pages)