Mom and I are having difficulty sleeping because we don’t know if there are others in this drug ring that have not been captured. We will not be able to fully move on until we have all the answers.
A few days later, I was contacted by the Chief Officer of my father’s case. He is ready to release the body to us. They said they have everything they need. He also told me that he believes that Dad’s intentions were to capture and put away the drug gang but he got in above his head when he developed a drug problem.
Robert and Washington knew about his problems with drugs and alcohol and threatened to expose him if he didn’t use his powers as a Judge to keep them out of jail.
This is why Robert and Washington were able to get away with pushing drugs on the streets and acting as pimps.
Detective Wallace said, “Your father was a victim of circumstances that got way out of control.”
This news made me feel better but sad at the same time. It showed my father to have a vulnerability that we all have in the right situation or the wrong situation in this case.
Nevertheless, it will be sometime, before things will be normal for mom and me. I was told that I will probably have to provide testimony because even though I don’t believe that I have any information that can help them, I probably do and don’t real...
... middle of paper ...
...ttorney has told me that his word over mine will mean nothing but he said he could offer proof.
My attorney has assured me that this is just desperate talk. I hope so because I sure don’t want to leave mom alone. Although, I believe that mom is stronger than I am because I don’t believe that I could have withstood all that she did and still smile and go on like nothing as happened.
The coming months will be challenging for me but I will put one step in front of the other and get through it.
Mom has assured me that she will be right there in court with me and she has said that she knows that the Lord has forgiven my stupidity and she says, “The Lord Always Protects Fools and Children.” She said if you don’t believe that just look at me and you will have your answer. I am still standing and I am a little tethered but I am doing fine. We will be fine, mom said.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- If I wrote this paper 20 years ago while I was attending North Central Bible College, my thoughts on what I believed was the personal call on my life and of my plans for ministry after college would have created an essay that is significantly different than what I am writing here. My interpretation of a calling was probably like most of the students that attended NCBC, that it is a divine mission placed on your life, meaning that your life is dedicated to the furthering of the Gospel through the means of full-time career minded ministry.... [tags: Personal Experience]
1772 words (5.1 pages)
- Personal Statement Success is the only word that comes to mind when I think about my future. All of my life I have dreamed of becoming a successful person who gives back to the community through counseling or social services. Growing up in the small town of Tulare has limited me to the amount of opportunities that I have. Many of my friends come from low-income families that have to use government services that provide financial support. Seeing the poverty around me is motivation for me to search for a better life.... [tags: College, High school, Higher education]
1281 words (3.7 pages)
- Personal Assessment My parents, my brother and I came from Guatemala in two thousand, fleeing violence and insecurity that live there. We suffered the kidnapping and murder of my nephew despite having paid their ransom. We had to leave our lives, our property, and I left my profession; because I had the opportunity to graduate from the University with a bachelor 's degree in psychology. When we come my English was very basic because it was only the requisite at the University; my advantage was that as I like to read I was self-taught in English, I read with a dictionary to translate what I did not understand; for this reason, my English is very bad pronunciation, and I 've learned by reading... [tags: Family, English-language films, Domestic violence]
890 words (2.5 pages)
- There have been many challenging experiences in my life that have contributed to my personal development. Every day I go through experiences that I believe make me a better person, ranging from being the president of debate club, to public speaking, to handling a problem between my friends. But the most significant experience is the disintegration of the relationship with my father. From this, I learned how to handle my problems in a more intelligent and sophisticated manner. This has been the most impactful experience of my life.... [tags: Marriage, Emotion, Mother, Father]
1100 words (3.1 pages)
- ... Attending a culturally diverse school, racial differences had never been a problem until sophomore year. It was then I, an African-American, was confronted with the glaring realization that racism against persisted. My majority African-American cheerleading squad attended a football game where barraged by the home team’s spectators screaming racial slurs as we entered. At the end of the game, a racially motivated brawl ensued. I was livid, astonished and confused. That night I learned that although discrimination laws have changed, there remain pockets of society that have not changed with it.... [tags: racism, school, change, service, college]
657 words (1.9 pages)
- Extended Goal Statement I sat in my child development class in a “brick and mortar” classroom setting. What was I doing there. I was extremely interested in what the professor was speaking on and what was being discussed. However, I was beginning to doubt whether I wanted to continue in my current field of study, Speech/Language Pathology. I no longer felt I was being fulfilled. There was something lacking. I talked to a few of my friends who mentioned how much money I would make as a Speech/Language Pathologist.... [tags: Personal Experience Essay]
1060 words (3 pages)
- “If parents are neglectful temporarily or permanently, for whatever reason, it’s certainly sad, but their unlucky children must fend for themselves.” We do not choose what family we are born into and we ca not control what happens to us. Sometimes you are born independent. I grew up in a home full of emotional and psychological neglect. I started school late at the age of five. I enjoyed school so much. I felt like I had no limits in the world. Neglected as a child I had no emotional nor educational support from my parents.... [tags: Mother, Father, Teacher, Neglect]
717 words (2 pages)
- “Flight Risk” I grew up in an upper-middle class household in a nice area, with an older brother who I made it my mission to drive crazy. My parents were high school sweethearts, my mom was a stay at home mom, our house was the hang out for all the neighborhood kids and I always had the latest and greatest gadgets - my childhood, on the outside to everyone looking in was picture perfect. We were in essence the Jones’ that everyone was trying to keep up with. What people didn’t see was what went out behind the closed doors, when we weren’t faking happiness and perfection.... [tags: Family, Mother, Parent, Father]
1274 words (3.6 pages)
- Professional Development Paper While growing up, I had a wonderful family. We were a blended family but that only meant that there was more love to fill our hearts. In high school, my world fell apart and I had to choose to fall or fly. I was having to make decisions for two, and still being a teenager myself, I was faced with homelessness and trying to find steady employment. Sitting in my bedroom filled with teeny boppers paraphernalia, baby bottles, and my two-month old son, Avery, I made a choice, that I believe, effected the direction my life has gone.... [tags: Family, Mother, Father, Parent]
1293 words (3.7 pages)
- I was born in Norfolk, V.A . and moved to rural Northampton County when I was three years old. I have lived in the Roanoke Valley for about thirty years. I have had the unique experience of growing up in a public school and a private school setting. I attended Frederick Military Academy in Portsmouth VA for three years and graduated from a public school in Conway NC called Northampton East. My father taught at NCHS-East for thirty one years. I was fortunate to be able to teach with him and to be a part of the electric car project at the same High School I graduated from.... [tags: College Admissions Essays]
1312 words (3.7 pages)