When boys reached puberty they start to have an increase in testosterone levels as they get older which gives them an more developed muscle and looks. Male to Male Competition was a false concept because he did dominate other males and take all the females away from me. Though he had size over me he did not want to fight in school because our school had strict policy. One fight will ...
... middle of paper ...
... Male competition is false in the gym because we do not see males fighting that could relate to early date in males. Usually the big guys who look like Gorillas in the gym are training to get bigger to train for a bodybuilding tournament. On the other hand, Female choice is a true concept because women do decide whether they accept the mates that asked them out. Girls tend to like guys who are their good taste which they consider good looking because I experience this before with most girls. I have been rejected by a few girls because they tend to like more muscular guys. Through listening to my older female cousins they tend to like smart guys who are cute looking and know how to dress well. They told me that the way guys dress tells them a lot about the guy. My cousin told me that a guy who dresses more sophisticated is more attracted and they are more confident.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The results from my StrengthsFinder are accurate in most areas of the descriptions. The questionnaire identified the following: achiever, discipline, empathy, deliberative, and relator. I can see all of these playing a role in the type of person I am at this very moment in my life. I took a strengths quest survey in high school and I still possess two of the same strengths which goes to show I do not change my ways too often. The results say I am an achiever meaning I like to have something tangible completed by the end of each day no matter the circumstance.... [tags: Personality psychology, Emotion, Psychology]
756 words (2.2 pages)
- When it comes to writing, I have zero strengths. So much that I feel comfortable in the self-diagnosis that I may have dysphasia. In high school, due to the standards being much more lenient, an A on a paper did not delegate good quality writing. It was not until my first paper in English 1102 came back that I realized this previous standard impeded my progress as a writer. Under the pretense that I was writing decent papers, I never strived to get better. Because of this, my interactions with teachers were minimal, and I never took the time to request actual feedback.... [tags: Writing, Sentence, Evidence, Dirty Harry]
1594 words (4.6 pages)
- Throughout my freshman years in high school I was bullied by one student named “Brian”. He was a lot taller and muscular than because at that time I did not reach puberty. I did not meet any new friends in the beginning of the semester yet because all of my middle school friends went to different high school. He would make fun of me because how feminine my face looked especially with the long hair I had. My body was not developed yet and my voice has not deepened. He would bring up rumors towards his friend saying that I was gay because of how feminine I looked which related towards my low level of testosterone.... [tags: Female, Sex, Human, Male]
876 words (2.5 pages)
- It can be frightening when you have no idea as to what you aspire to be in the future. As a child, whenever I was asked what I wanted to be when I grew up, the first thing that I always blurted out was “A helper!" My parents would always laugh and tell me that was not a real job. With my personality being so approachable and friendly, and especially with my ability to listen attentively and provide efficient feedback, it began to dawn on me as to why I had such a strong desire to always want to help.... [tags: Sociology, Social work, Social justice]
2127 words (6.1 pages)
- Before I reached high school both my parents were already deceased. They would never be able to attend sporting events,watch me graduate, or be able to embarrass me as I go out on my first date, take an excess amount of pictures of me before my first school dance, be able to experience my first heartbreak or me falling in love. However I have done all of these thing, and much more experiencing more in my eighteen years of life than I had ever suspected I would have to do alone. My family weren’t like the ones you see on television.... [tags: Family, Mother, Father, Parent]
1033 words (3 pages)
- “You’re fat, ugly, stupid and I’m going to cut your face up. If anyone looks at you it’s because you’re so disfigured. You’re not even a whole woman anymore, no one will ever want you!” After 14 years of beatings, one night I woke up the girls we left and never went back. In high school I allowed a teacher make me feel so ashamed about being pregnant my senior year, I dropped out with a full scholarship to college. I gave it up because the first time I felt my baby move inside me I knew I couldn’t leave her, she felt like bubbles.... [tags: Full-time, Part-time, Lawyer]
1954 words (5.6 pages)
- Kusala Gunatilaka Personal Statement Growing up in a country where girls are constantly advised to be doctors, nurses, educators, and any other profession except law enforcement motivated me even further in accomplishing just that. Even as a little girl I simply could not ignore the violence, corruption, and inequality that affected my country; I wanted to fight the violence that brought misery to many, and bring justice to those who desperately deserved it. My goals of pursuing a career in criminal justice were constantly struck down and criticized throughout the years.... [tags: Drug addiction, Homelessness, Drug]
905 words (2.6 pages)
- I am fortunate enough to be able to say that I am still very close to my High School friends. Not many people go off to college and come home just as close, if not closer to their friends that they grew up with. I guess I just lucked out. I have my friend Cara to thank for all these girls. When I first went to high school, I didn’t know anyone, except Cara. She grew up right down the street and has always managed to stay an important person in my life. So much of my childhood revolved around us running around outside, or always being it when we would hang around with our brothers.... [tags: English-language films, Friendship, Debut albums]
743 words (2.1 pages)
- Personal Statement: College Throughout life, there are different interests that you discover and become passionate about. Many commit themselves to some sort of club or activity, especially through middle school and high school. Some of these activities or clubs, you may be participate in for the rest of your life or it could be a temporary thing. It shapes you as a person you are though without even realizing it, because it plays a huge factor in the people you hang out with and the things you enjoy doing.... [tags: High school, College, Extracurricular activity]
1464 words (4.2 pages)
- The increase of turmoil throughout our country has caused a tremendous demand for those serving in the military (Atuel & Jacobson, 2011). Therefore, it is important to take care of our troops as well as their families, which is why I decided to put forth an initiative to counsel middle school students whose parents are active or retired from the military. The problem is that there is a need for support and understanding (Finkel, Kelley, & Ashby, 2003). Once a family member deploys as well as return the need becomes even more heightened (Finkel, Kelley, & Ashby, 2003).... [tags: High school, Middle school, Secondary school]
757 words (2.2 pages)