Death, people are afraid of dying, me I was accustomed to death. my family owned a funeral home since they first came to america in the 1800s. It was a normal day at the funeral home, boring as all hell. One thing that you never really think about is what funeral homes do when they are not having funerals? The answer is paperwork, a lot of it, in fact. The paperwork usually ended up being me and mom doing paperwork and dad being the owner of the only funeral home in town was usually swamped with arrangements. Today was an off day a Monday though which meant leaving mom with the paperwork and me heading off to school. It was my senior year and I was looking forward to graduating.
“Bye hun; have fun at school”, said my mother a slender but short women of forty nine.
“Bye shorty, I’ll will try my best”, I said,Thankfully having taken my height from the giants of my dad’s side of the family. As I drove to school in my battered old hearse that smelled of fake flowers, someone jumped out from the side of the road in front of my car. I swerved left, screeching my tires but it was to late; I hit a tree. I dashed out of my car towards the man that charged out into the road it was what appeared to be an old man in a black suit. I sprinted out of my car to check on him.
“Are you insane why did you run out into the road I could have killed you!”,. I said frantically getting out and running over to the old man.
“I’ll be alright young man I still have time left but you were not so lucky”, said the old man.
“What are you talking about are you sure you aren 't crazy.”, I said, thinking this was a man from the nursing home that had escaped
“Like I said before, I’m quite sane.” He said shuffling through a briefcase he had with him “Would you...
... middle of paper ...
...walked as fast as I could to room Forty two as I could without running. I got the door and knocked.
“Come in” said a soft voice from inside
“Hello I’m-” I said getting cut off
“You’re Death I know I can feel it”, Patty said
“Yeah sorry” I said back to her.
“Well don 't be we all have our time, but do you mind waiting till lunch I don 't want to go on an empty stomach.”, Patty said
“I mean I am kind of in a hurry but I don’t think I can force you into sign the papers” I said
“Good” Patty said “We can get to know each other”
I ended up telling patty about everything that happened to me in the past couple of days.
“That terrible dear” Patty said with real compassion
“I’m sorry I have to do this to you” I said with tears in my eyes
“It’s fine dear lunch is here let’s eat then I’ll sign those papers”Patty said
After lunch was over Patty signed the paper and I killed her.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Production Context of Bye Bye Blues In his essay on the historical fiction film, Leger Grindon writes: "History is no more than a useful device to speak of the present time. The historical film indulges its contact with the immediate and generally refuses the past its distinct and foreign character" (Grindon 189). It is exactly this distinct character, however, that director Anne Wheeler hoped to capture in her 1989 film Bye Bye Blues. In an interview taken during the film’s production, Wheeler explained: "I’m trying to present history as it was, not as we hope it was" (Hays 9).... [tags: Anne Wheeler Bye Bye Blues Essays]
1196 words (3.4 pages)
- Finance is a field that had always fascinated me right from my undergraduate college days. What make me interested in this particular field of study are the art of finance and the complexity of investment market which would allow me to employ my personal skills, such as analytical and communication skills, along with my personal characteristics such as dedication and compassion for what I do. As one of the most important sector in the world, I believe it would provide me with a broad range of career options.... [tags: Personal Statement Examples]
548 words (1.6 pages)
- Personal Statement A personal statement is a document required in education programs as well as when one is applying for a job. It is a document that is written to describe a person’s strength or weakness. It is therefore an important document that one must always have ready any time anywhere. Personal statements do not have to look the same. They may be written focusing on one’s interest for example a personal statement written specifically to apply for a specific job. What appears inside is what gives that person credibility on whether to get the job or not.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Statements, Want]
1132 words (3.2 pages)
- Financial Analysis A mission statement is a written statement that tells others what the company does. The mission statement in a very short form explains to readers how they operate in a general sense. Mission statements are not super specific or detailed just general. “A mission statement is a concise statement of a company 's reason for being, what it actually does, and for whom. It should contain what products and services the company produces for which target market, as well as how it considers itself different or unique.... [tags: Strategic planning, Statements, Mission statement]
895 words (2.6 pages)
- Personal Statement Please discuss the following items in the order given. Briefly respond to all areas listed. 1. How was your interest in Pharmacy as a career developed. Since my early schooling days, science and mathematics have always fascinated me given that all components of the world are explained on the basis of these disciplines. In this regard, Pharmacy which is based on Chemistry and Mathematics has interested me a great deal as it has direct impacts on our daily lives. The more I have become familiar with the chemistry and mathematics knowledge involved in pharmacy, the more I have appreciated its significance in improving the lives of people in the community.... [tags: Admissions Statement]
1564 words (4.5 pages)
- Statement of Purpose for Tony Harper “Never stop pursuing knowledge and education. These are things that no one can take from you regardless of what life throws at you.” This insightful piece of wisdom was offered to me by my grandfather, a professor at Northern Arizona University. He continually stressed to me that the attainment of knowledge and education are always worthwhile undertakings. For this reason I find myself unfulfilled unless some part of my days are spent actively seeking to further my current understanding of a given subject or endeavoring to learn a new one.... [tags: Personal Statement]
1481 words (4.2 pages)
- I have been working as a parent liaison for the past 12 years a parent liaison is someone who works in the school system assisting parents with education in the parental field trying to help with computer skills phone skills and simple thing professional phone skills. I do daily attendance as I work with the school truancy department to make sure that the parents understand the important of education. I also coach college cheerleaders and teach dance. Just to live comfortable and it is very hard.... [tags: Personal Experience]
2255 words (6.4 pages)
- Personal Statement: My transition from high school to college was not flawless; the first two semesters were academically frustrating. In high school, I was successful with minimal foresight. I quickly found that this was not the case in college. While my first semester grades were not terrible, I knew it was not my personal best. Despite increased efforts, I completed the second semester with a GPA lower than my first. Although my course load was heavy, the classes challenging, and my schedule full of outside rehearsals, I wanted to improve.... [tags: Personal Experience]
732 words (2.1 pages)
- Growing up as the son of a rural Iowa veterinarian, I got my first experience in a medical field while riding along with my dad on calls, and from an early age my interest was piqued. It was the first of multiple experiences that pointed me toward a career in physical therapy. In my elementary and junior high years, a couple of elderly neighbor ladies often called on me to help them with chores around their homes and yards. This is where I first discovered my love of working to help others. It was rewarding beyond any payment to know that I was helping them live independently a little longer, even if I was only playing a small part by doing their odd jobs.... [tags: Personal Experience]
754 words (2.2 pages)
- Law is a magnificent puppeteer which aims to control civilisations. The great philosopher Aristotle stated: 'Law should govern'. In view of that, the regulation of a society should be based on these set of rules established by an authority, which are designed to create economic, social and political stability. It is what maintains our societies and prevents an eruption of chaos and destruction. Law has an impact on everything we do, from creating a personal statement where copyright infringement laws take prevalence, deterring individuals from engaging in plagiarism, to criminal law which protects society from harmful individuals.... [tags: Personal Ambition]
854 words (2.4 pages)