As I stroll into practice, carrying my basketball bag, which is overfilled with all of my things. My basketball shoes that smell like sour milk, my practice jersey that also has a terrible smell, along with my deodorant that smells like amazing smelling boys, and my perfume that smells like cherry blossoms. I walk in a rush to the locker room, because before every practice we would have to make fifty free throws.
The previous day at practice, Coach Schroeder, the head coach of the girls’ basketball team, yelled at us:
“You guys can’t do anything right, GET ON THE LINE!”
Without hesitation, the team got on the line. When Coach Schroeder says “get on the line” we all know that we are about to run for a long period of time. You could say that, that day wasn’t one of our greatest practices. Our team 's goal for the next practice was to go all out and try to make our coach a happy camper again.
One of the things on the agenda for practice was a drill called 30 touches. In this drill you cannot dribble the ball, you can only pass. If you are close eno...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Every now and then when I recall my childhood memories, it is always been my parents took me to the hospital in the middle of the night or tried to find the right doctor for my allergies. Others could just take some medication and rest for few days for common cold, but my story is totally different. A common cold could cause me allergies, asthma and fever when I was young. It is the reason why I spent most of my time seeing the doctor and stayed at hospital. At the age of 10, my parents decided to have me switched to oriental medicine and acupuncture.... [tags: Personal Experience]
1037 words (3 pages)
- Golf is a sport of confidence, honesty, and patience. It has taught me to practice these traits in my everyday life. I have more confidence in myself and I know that I will succeed. I am honest even when the truth hurts. I am patient with those around me no matter how annoyed I may be. My name is Evin Edens, and golf is my passion. I grew up at Ravenwood Country Club. I had the perfect life. My dad was a PGA golf professional and I got to use the club’s facilities whenever I pleased. However, there was one problem: I despised golf.... [tags: College Admissions Essays]
880 words (2.5 pages)
- Practice + Pain =Success The movie Coach Carter is a very inspirational and motivational movie. Coach Carter takes over coaching his high school basketball team. The team is a group of students who are rude, undisciplined, and out of control. Coach shows many different levels of negotiations throughout the movie. He uses many tools to accomplish his goals such as the want factor, collaboration, crafting agreements, and negotiation change. The move consists of six main characters. Coach Carter and principle Garrison are the two guiding adults in the movie.... [tags: Basketball, High school, Coach Carter, Education]
953 words (2.7 pages)
- Personal Statement Draft-3(2) An 11 years old kid lying on the ground in a dark room crying, shaking, and trembling with intense pain in both of his ears. The pain was similar to as if someone was hitting with some sharp object inside his ears and every time he would feel the shock of pain, he would pull both of his ears while enduring the pain. The pain would raise every couple of second and with each shock of pain, the kid would lose part of the hope that he had of surviving. He would experience so intense pain that he had never anticipated and all he could think of that “he is about to die.” This was the experience that I felt when I had a severe ear infection in both of my ears.... [tags: Medicine, Physician, Medical school, Residency]
1066 words (3 pages)
- It is with complete honesty that I tell you that as I am making this speech, my stomach is turning, not with nervousness but with the anticipation of the possibilities before us. We have been given the opportunity to start something truly special, combining the innovation and service that have historically made 2 companies great, and combining them to become the industry model for customer service and success. This is not an acquisition, or a merger, or a takeover. This is a partnership, a chance for competitors to come together and achieve greatness, similar to “The Dream Team” of USA Basketball.... [tags: Customer service, Customer, Better]
1010 words (2.9 pages)
- Finance is a field that had always fascinated me right from my undergraduate college days. What make me interested in this particular field of study are the art of finance and the complexity of investment market which would allow me to employ my personal skills, such as analytical and communication skills, along with my personal characteristics such as dedication and compassion for what I do. As one of the most important sector in the world, I believe it would provide me with a broad range of career options.... [tags: Personal Statement Examples]
548 words (1.6 pages)
- Personal Leadership Overview "You have to be burning with an idea, or a problem, or a wrong that you want to right. If you 're not passionate enough from the start, you 'll never stick it out” (Steve Jobs). Reading that quote there is one word that really sticks out and says something to me; passionate. To be or to become the greatest leader in whatever field you’re into, if there is no passion in the work or goal you’re trying to achieve, you’ll never be able to stick it out or grow/prosper in the end.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Basketball, Skill]
1470 words (4.2 pages)
- Personal Statement Please discuss the following items in the order given. Briefly respond to all areas listed. 1. How was your interest in Pharmacy as a career developed. Since my early schooling days, science and mathematics have always fascinated me given that all components of the world are explained on the basis of these disciplines. In this regard, Pharmacy which is based on Chemistry and Mathematics has interested me a great deal as it has direct impacts on our daily lives. The more I have become familiar with the chemistry and mathematics knowledge involved in pharmacy, the more I have appreciated its significance in improving the lives of people in the community.... [tags: Admissions Statement]
1564 words (4.5 pages)
- Basketball has played a big role in my life thus far. The game of basketball to me means everything that I want to have for my city and for myself. I have a dream of holding up a state championship trophy for my team and for myself. I have put countless numbers of hours into what it would be like for this dream to become a reality. Next year will be my final year of high school basketball. Texas district realignment moved this super small 4A team to an extremely large 3A school. The chance of winning the state championship in 3A is much better than we could have if we had stayed in 4A.... [tags: Personal Experience ]
1990 words (5.7 pages)
- Law is a magnificent puppeteer which aims to control civilisations. The great philosopher Aristotle stated: 'Law should govern'. In view of that, the regulation of a society should be based on these set of rules established by an authority, which are designed to create economic, social and political stability. It is what maintains our societies and prevents an eruption of chaos and destruction. Law has an impact on everything we do, from creating a personal statement where copyright infringement laws take prevalence, deterring individuals from engaging in plagiarism, to criminal law which protects society from harmful individuals.... [tags: Personal Ambition]
854 words (2.4 pages)