My own personal life is what attracted me to the child welfare and/or child and protective services field. I was in foster care growing up and was not officially adopted until around the age of seven. This gave me the chance to see what it feels like on the other side of the social work role. I had a social worker who was great, however, she missed many signs of things that were going on. We would tell her things, however, she would not believe what was going on. I was forced to stay in abusive situation hoping that someone would help us, however, it never have happened. I want to go into this field because I would like to be the one there for the children, helping, understanding, and guidi...
... middle of paper ...
...fe of the mother or the children, which could happen if I was to tell him who told us what happened. The fact that the father has a pst of assault and domestic violence is something that I would have to keep in mind. At the end of the day safety is the biggest factor. If it was necessary, I would find resources for both the children and wife to leave the home, however, I would be careful in moving the child with either of the parents. The mother would still be an important suspect to me. Although she told me that the husband was abusing the children, I would have to make sure to investigate both of the parents. Does the mother have any legal issues, has she been abusive, and is she telling the truth. I would most definitely try to get the children in the custody of child protective services until the agency and myself determine what was really going on in this home.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In an era of declining regard for education among the general populace, I see the position of Associate Dean in the KSOEHD as an opportunity to make a difference in improving programs for our students and, in turn, reversing some of the negative sentiment our profession is experiencing. The application guidelines include the following expectations for the position: • A prior record of successful development and implementation of programs or special projects involving multiple constituencies • A creative thinker and consultative communicator with excellent problem solving skills • Demonstrated ability to link effectively with P-16 colleagues • Ability to promote opportunities for faculty and... [tags: Personal Statement]
1229 words (3.5 pages)
- 65 Ijale Street Lawyer Estate, Agric, Ikorodu Lagos, Nigeria.... [tags: Management, Globalization, Economics]
1281 words (3.7 pages)
- Tell us about your F&C experiences: At Citigroup, I had to develop a new model to forecast revenues from partnerships, using return on investment ratio as proxy for profitability of the partnership and at Nestlé, when setting price and communication strategies, I had to be fully aware and have an understanding about management accounting and the implications of the strategies for the income statement. I feel very comfortable with numbers and I enjoy the challenges associated with financial analysis, which are two of the reasons I am specializing in Corporate Finance.... [tags: Entry Level Finance Cover Letter]
676 words (1.9 pages)
- Finance is a field that had always fascinated me right from my undergraduate college days. What make me interested in this particular field of study are the art of finance and the complexity of investment market which would allow me to employ my personal skills, such as analytical and communication skills, along with my personal characteristics such as dedication and compassion for what I do. As one of the most important sector in the world, I believe it would provide me with a broad range of career options.... [tags: finance, investment, goals, career]
546 words (1.6 pages)
- Supporting Statement. Please read the further particulars for the post before completing this section: these will describe the sort of skills, experience, knowledge, or abilities which are required (the ‘selection criteria’). Your skills and experience may have been gained though paid employment, voluntary/community work, domestic responsibilities, spare-time activities, and training. Your application will be judged solely on the basis of how your skills and experiences match the requirements for the post.... [tags: Job Application]
1305 words (3.7 pages)
- Before a partnership formation is imminent, the business needs to decide on which type of partnership to form. There are three types of partnerships: (1) general partnerships, (2) limited partnerships, and (3) joint ventures. All three partnerships contain two or more owners, but all partners assume equal division of ownership, liabilities, and profits in a general partnership. Limited partnerships offer limited liability protection based on each partner’s contribution percentage. Joint ventures are classified as general partnerships with limited existence periods.... [tags: Partnership, Corporation]
883 words (2.5 pages)
- Question One Introduction Nowadays, trading between people and country become easier and easier. With the boom of economic, a consideration of starting a new business is very important. Common business structures including Sole Trader, Partnership, Joint Venture, and Corporations. Among those structures, partnership and corporations are the most popular structures for creating a business. This essay will discuss all of them point by point. Cost-Effective When we say that partnership is easy to establish, the first thing comes out is that partnership doesn 't need to be registered.... [tags: Corporation, Partnership]
2139 words (6.1 pages)
- Companies and partnership law assessment Question1: Liability are made of two parts contractual liability and tort liability. According to Kendall v Hamilton , creditors have only one opportunity to sue partners who have jointly liable for contractual obligations. However, creditors can sue several times in tort liability. There are different situation in contract about the liability. Firstly, if partner signs contract with actual authority and for purpose of partnership , based on s 9 (1) all partners have jointly liable.... [tags: Partnership, Corporation]
1234 words (3.5 pages)
- Personal statement Through out my life, nothing has ever fascinated me like the application of mathematics in real life situations. In real life, the application of mathematics acts as a foundation from which economics progresses as it offers a person with different knowledge on how they are supposed to carry out different life applications. Mathematics offers an individual with the right differentiation skills that are highly required in making different calculations of elasticity coefficients that are applied in different sectors of the world.... [tags: Mathematics, Applied mathematics, Learning]
872 words (2.5 pages)
- Partnerships General partnership. A general partnership is utilized when two or more people want to start a business. In most respects, the business is divided equally between the owners which includes, profits, debts and management of the business and any losses to the business are to be deducted from personal taxes. Mann & Roberts (1979) comments although not required, development of written agreements concerning the division of the business and how it will be managed removes doubt and ensures everyone is traveling in the same direction (p.... [tags: Corporation, Limited liability partnership]
788 words (2.3 pages)
- Theories and their Differences: Analysis of Robert Dahl’s Who Governs, and Robert Michels’ Political Parties
- The Kenya Meteorological Society
- First Account Letters´Insight into Past Wars
- Conflict and Anger in the Article "Violent Media is Good for Kids" by Gerad Jones
- Impact of Indian National Congress
- The Three Branches of Government in the USA