When I reached my mid-thirty 's, I began to feel like all of my ambitions were flushed down the drain. Feeling too old to go back to school, but too young to be taken seriously, I felt stuck in life with no place to go. Sure, I was a single mother of three with more activities in one day than most have in a week, but I still felt like something was absent in my life. One day I was sitting on the couch watching TV, and a commercial came on for an adult learning college . Right away I knew that I could take this leap into the unknown. Although, this was not the right school for me, it did however point me to the right direction. It was God was directing me to CCU by providing me with a fresh start to a new vocation, based around Christian worldviews.
Honestly, I thought I knew it all when I started school here at CCU, but little did I know the world is much more perplex and fast paced than I realized. Everything I learned back in my high school marketing class was either inaccurate or obsolete . This class has opened my eyes to a plethora of fresh and impressive ways...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Personal Statement After working for years and years, finally I made it to Hawaii in order to pursue a higher education. As Hawaii Community College student, I have been learning widely different subjects such as psychology and anthropology, and learning each subject has broadened my perception. Moreover, while taking Digital Media Art classes at the community college, my art skills are enhanced. Therefore, I am interested in exploring the interconnection between two completely different fields, arts and psychology, and how their subtle relations affect contemporary art and the way we perceive our lives.... [tags: Education, Higher education, Learning, University]
734 words (2.1 pages)
- I have been at lone star college for only a few weeks but, in these past few weeks I have changed drastically. I have learned many new and very helpful skills. My eyes have been open to new ideas, and many possibilities. My goals and dreams no longer seem out of reach. It seems as if there is hope for me and the many others who have been told “ you won 't make it, you 're a worthless immigrant” or “an ignorant black” those whose dreams have been put down by their own ignorant family members. My professors at lone star are to blame for my drive to succeed, they have taught me to ignore all the hate and negativity.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Learning]
735 words (2.1 pages)
- STATEMENT OF PURPOSE I am very thankful for providing me this opportunity and it is with sincere sense of gratification that I pen my brief statement of purpose. The course of Information Technology which I pursued at GURU NANAK college of Engineering further advanced the deep curiosity I had in computer science and mathematics since childhood .It is only natural that after completing my course I had a penchant to learn more, which guided me to take up the decision to pursue graduate study in research oriented and technological areas like Computer Science and Information Technology, that touch the lives of many in this modern age.... [tags: Graduate school, College, Statement of purpose]
883 words (2.5 pages)
- College is a place for learning and fun. More of an emphasis on fun. When you 're in high school, there are multiple colleges that you can choose from. That is, if you are a good student or not. Getting a scholarship is not the only thing that is looked for to get into college. There is that fun factor, that can always be overlooked. College should be a place that you can be comfortable in, where you can hang out with your friends when school gets too stressful. Not going to lie to you, academics are still important, but the fun factor should not be forgotten.... [tags: High school, College, Academia, University]
1022 words (2.9 pages)
- Personal writing Statement This semester in English 102 has been a great learning experience for me as a student. With each writing project I have grown as a writer learning new was of conducting and structuring an essay with MLA, or APA. Also this class has taught me how to create new works research writing from one original writing assignment, which I thought to be very helpful and interesting to learn rather than writing a whole new paper. English 102 was also a great experience with sentence structure and grammar which was another area of writing that I believe I have excelled in.... [tags: Learning, Writing, Psychology]
831 words (2.4 pages)
- Philosophy/Personal Statement I was a bad student in high school. I didn’t study, I got bad grades, I had an attitude, and I disrespected my teachers. I’d like to believe that this was because I was brilliant and existentially bored with the pedestrian intellect of my peers. I’d like to believe that it was because my school was so retrograde and repressive that I was placed into a hopeless situation. But that wasn’t it. I wasn’t especially brilliant; my peers were actually pretty smart; and my school was, all things considered, a reasonably decent place.... [tags: Personal Experience]
1231 words (3.5 pages)
- Personal Statement During my years of living, I have experienced many things. Many of which have made me who I am today. Many of the things I have done have caused me to want more in life, to expand not only my knowledge, but also my horizons. In reflecting back on what I have done in life, it shows me that I am well on my way of doing that. I feel as though I am a very determined, hard-working, versatile person who is ready for college and the world. Various factors have caused me feel this way.... [tags: College Admissions Essays]
634 words (1.8 pages)
- A few years ago I found myself on a train heading from Amsterdam to Hamburg. I had just spent several days traveling through the Netherlands and was going to end my fall break trip in Germany. The cities I picked had been arbitrary. All I knew was that in the three and a half months I was studying abroad I would see as much of the world as possible. This often meant frantically searching the internet for cheap flights, bus tickets, and hostiles, and only getting to spend a day or two in a magnificent city.... [tags: Personal Statement]
1350 words (3.9 pages)
- Personal Statement Hmmm………What shall I tell you about me. You, the person who will decide my fate, my fate as to whether I would go to CU-Boulder, go live in Colorado, go snowboarding in the mountains, meet lots of interesting people, and have the most wonderful experience…I better make myself sound worthy. First off, I want you to know that I'm an unparalleled individual, whose outlook on life is of total optimism. Through out my 18 years, I've become freinds with people from all walks of life.... [tags: College Admissions Essays]
1736 words (5 pages)
- Personal Statement Two weeks had already passed and I began to realize the strike would most likely continue on into the next week as well. I was anxious for the only strike in the ninety-year history of UPS to be over. The first week was almost a novelty, a rather large social event with my fellow workers. As the days passed and the second week came to a close, the novelty had worn off. My fellow Teamster members and I had stood on the picket line for two weeks now, eagerly awaiting word of a contract agreement between the union and the company.... [tags: College Admissions Essays]
767 words (2.2 pages)