So how would I ensure I am a role model? To ensure that I act as a role model for my future employees or for anyone in my presence, I would treat everyone the way I would like to be treated… with respect. I will constantly practice and undertake as many learning opportunity as possible to improve myself. I will motivate everyone equally avoiding creating any favourite employees. A way to ensure I acted as a role model can be showing other employees that mistakes can be made. Asking for feedback and any suggestions would be useful, this is because there is always room for improvement, and I would like to know whether my employees are comfortable and give them an opportunity for their opini...
... middle of paper ...
... prioritising my work and plan my week in the future.
I like to find ways that can make managing my work and organising life simpler. Incorporating technology into my life and work is definitely my preferred way of organising and managing my work. I use technology by creating schedules and digital calendars. These tools help manage appointments and meetings with the benefits of having useful features such as having automatic reminders and alerts to ensure nothing is forgotten. Using applications with technology also gives you the advantage of sending invitations and messages instantly. I would use technology for storage purposes, which will give me the advantage of eliminating papers. Research and information also becomes readily available using technology which will help me solve any issues, cutting my tasks in half, this will give me a needed productivity boost.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Considering the fast-paced global economy, and the dynamics of the modern day church, effective leadership practices are essential to the healthy growth of an organization (Blanchard, 2013). In addition, effective leadership practices are also conducive to creating passion amongst employees and customer devotion; thus, there is a direct parallel between the quality of an organization’s leadership, and whether or not an employee or customer remains loyal to an organization (Blanchard, 2013, para.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Leadership development]
1179 words (3.4 pages)
- Designing curriculum, instruction, and assessments are steps teachers use to help them make sense of the concepts they teach and helps drive instruction. These steps can take on many different forms and drive a classroom in a plethora of ways. These steps, when developed properly, can help a teacher utilize each moment in the classroom and help students gain more insight to the standards they need to become proficient. Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment Curriculum development is the first step used by a teacher to help them develop engaging lessons.... [tags: education, teachers, assessments]
1205 words (3.4 pages)
- A Reflection on Developing Critical Thinking Skills in Nursing Education. The after-degree nursing program at the University of Alberta provides a wide collection of different learning experiences that help to support the transition from nursing student to professional practice. In order to be successful in this program, students will need to develop sound critical thinking skills as this will assist them in making clinical decisions and providing safe patient care. Critical thinking is a conscious judgment that leads one to interpret, analyze, infer and explain evidence (Bittencourt & Da Gracia, 2012).... [tags: Nursing, Critical thinking, Nurse, Skill]
1797 words (5.1 pages)
- Assignment 9.1: PD Strategies I have been a part of many professional development sessions, some of which have provided a plethora of valuable information that I refer back to on a weekly basis, and others that have seemingly been provided for reasons that I do not understand. Most, I will admit, have been very useful. One of the most beneficial professional developments I had attended was one at the beginning of the school year, in which teachers congregated at the high school, simply because it was the largest of buildings in its district and could appropriately house all teachers, administrators, and other staff members.... [tags: Learning, Education, Profession, Teacher]
901 words (2.6 pages)
- A library or information unit must have a dedicated plan on having an organized Collection Development Policy, represents the guideposts of all types of library institutions. Collection development is the process of planning, selecting, acquiring and evaluating the library collections’ convenience to print and electronic collection developments. Thus, it is essential to have a written collection development policy, a statement of general collection building principles with desalinating the purpose and content of a collection in terms of relevance and internal audiences (Clayton and Gorman 2007).... [tags: Library Science, Policies]
2010 words (5.7 pages)
- The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People (Covey, 2004) has become the cornerstone of leadership and management wisdom. The habits emphasize personal responsibility and personal leadership. There is challenge in living everyday under the guidance of the habits but there is also great benefit as living the habits can influence everything we do in life. I was introduced to Covey’s seven habits through a one day seminar at my workplace several years ago. I learned some of the terminology and a few of the concepts but never really understood the power of the practical application of the habits.... [tags: Personal Reflection]
2314 words (6.6 pages)
- How to manage work priorities and professional development Learning how to manage your work priorities as well as your professional development is as integral part of your working life and maintaining a competitive edge against eventual competition, in both employment and on a professional level, i.e. a competing business or a job seeker vying for the same position. Many managers, team leaders, supervisors and employers that have neglected this area of professional expertise often suffer undue hardship, both professionally and personally, due to their decision.... [tags: Management, Leadership, Skill, Education]
726 words (2.1 pages)
- Introduction In this report, I will explain how to manage personal work priorities and professional development in the best ways possible. There are many methods to do this for each manager in the modern workplace as everyone works differently. I will explain a variety of ways to do so. Being a Role Model Managers in a workplace are always being analysed by their staff members. They are observed for their behaviour, for their skills, how they delegate, how they cope with pressure, whether they are are different to leaders and many other ways they operate.... [tags: Management, Planning, Leadership, Sociology]
1343 words (3.8 pages)
- The Human Development’s concepts, theories and so on give me a better understanding to explain why people act in different kind of situation that they have. Make me more appreciate the value of taking Human Development class. In the concept of Bronfenbrenner’s Ecological Systems they played huge role to shape my character, values and so on to make me a better person right now that I still value them. For example, in my mesosytem to force me to be more religious because I studied in catholic school.... [tags: Reflection]
1530 words (4.4 pages)
- What is HRM. HRM (Human Resource Management) deals with a wide range of issues, it is difficult to determine the exact definition as it varies from organization to organization. Storey (2007, p. 3) describes it as "two main forms of existence. One is in the form of academic discourse and activity. The other is in the form of practice in organizations". Training and Development and Managing Teams are important concepts of HRM, this essay will be exploring how these two concepts of HRM contribute to the effectiveness in organization.... [tags: Organizations, Training, Development]
1341 words (3.8 pages)
- How Technology Has Changed The Way Teens Interact And Communicate
- The Great Gatsby By F. Scott Fitzgerald
- William Shakespeare 's Hamlet - Original Writing
- Louisville Metro Police Department ( Lmpd ) Is An Agency That Works The Frontline Of The Criminal Justice System
- European Union And The United Kingdom
- My Position As A Communication Professional For Real Simple Magazine