Essay PreviewMore ↓
The University has provided several resources to help facilitate my learning experience and attain my goal of completing my MBA. There are three key elements to the MBA program that are used to assist and educate the student in this learning environment. Each of these elements is uniquely designed to promote proactive thinking. The rEsource area provides online access for research, tutoring and writing services, the learning teams are used to build team-building skills and the problem-based learning format is used to encourage creative thinking. I believe that rEsource will be the most valuable resource throughout my degree program, due to the many services it provides.
The Value of rEsource
The main reason that I feel that rEsource will be valuable to me in attaining MBA is due to the many services it provides. Without question the Center for Writing Excellence will be essential to my success in this program. There is an automated program called Writepoint, this program is able to proofread my papers at any time of day at my convenience. There is also the Tutor Review that offers the same service, however, it is a manual process so it has a slower turnaround. Another service found in the Center for Writing Excellence is Tutorial and Guides section. I have already found this section to useful in giving me guidance on how to write this paper.
Considering that an online program consists of a lot of research the University Library is a very vital component of rEsource.
How to Cite this Page
"Personal Perspective on Learning." 123HelpMe.com. 20 Feb 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- rEsource and Learning Teams We are at the beginning of a journey of understanding. Understanding ourselves, other people, and the businesses we work for. We have many tools at our disposal for our journey. Two of the most important tools are rEsource and learning teams. In this paper I will discuss the values of these tools as well as the value of problem-based learning as it relates to our work and social lives. From the time I first logged on, I saw that rEsource would be our most valuable tool.... [tags: Personal Perspective Work Resource Essays]
763 words (2.2 pages)
- From a general perspective reflecting learning helps us to question our past actions/motives in hopes to better ourselves from the views and assumptions that limit our lives. Fundamentally, reflective practices can be comprehended as ‘consciously thinking about and analysing what one has done (or is doing)(….) ’(. Mezirow, 1991; Rolfe, Freshwater & Jasper (2001) ‘explains reflective learning as a process that allows individuals to look back over experiences, allowing them to reflect upon them, which in term gives them the ability to make sense of them’.... [tags: Communication, Writing, Learning]
1003 words (2.9 pages)
- Passion: Ministry, Learning, and Leadership From a broad perspective, almost every teenager encounters the same daily struggles. We don’t sleep enough, have too much homework, are busy with extracurricular activities and sports, have relationship issues with friends and significant others, and we have parents who are always in our faces about all of the above. However, every teenager is infinitely unique when one sees their life story and future aspirations. Being unique has been especially difficult for me.... [tags: Learning, High school]
1038 words (3 pages)
- Reflection Introduction When I first started Moody Distant learning, I really did not know how I would do, or how I would be able to learn/ keep up with the work. I was a little nervous. I did not know what to expect due to the fact this was my first full time online studies. But in all in the hard work, long readings, and numerous papers I think I have done well and have learned more than I have expected about myself. Through out this whole quarter I have learned so much about myself and the different styles of learning.... [tags: Education, Psychology, Learning, Learning styles]
1152 words (3.3 pages)
- Personal Narrative- Living a Life of Humility For the only thing we have to shame is shame itself. Perhaps the name of Amy Tan’s mother will never be remembered like that of FDR, but the truth behind her words rings just as loud. To be different is an aspect of human nature that we are to be proud of, regardless of whether it’s socially hip or socially degrading. To be proud of something is to consider it worthy of honor, and that’s precisely what we must do- honor our individuality by becoming who we really are.... [tags: Personal Perspective]
1110 words (3.2 pages)
- While reading Kolb 's Learning Styles Model and Experiential Learning Theory, I have identified myself as an accommodating learner. At first I was somewhat surprised, but the more I read about the learning styles, particularly after I completed Kolb’s Learning Style Inventory it made more sense. I have a very hands-on style, which matches perfectly with my enjoyment of performing tests to find the root cause of behavior that I’m investigating. However, sometimes I rush to make decisions on the impulse of having the task at hand finished, failing to analyze all the options that are available.... [tags: Learning, Education, Learning theory]
761 words (2.2 pages)
- Three Styles of Learning If a survey was being done on how people learn one would immediately notice that no two answers would be the same. People from all walks of life and culture would answer that they learn better a certain way. The way a person learns is something that is different for every individual. I, myself, learn in a couple of different ways depending on the situation and what the learning experience calls for. The three styles of learning that I will examine and give my perspective on are online resources, learning teams, and problem based learning.... [tags: Personal Perspectives Education Essays]
957 words (2.7 pages)
- Personal Narrative- A Lesson in Culture Shock “ You want to be the same as American girls on the outside.” (Tan, Amy) Like Tan in her narrative “Fish Cheeks”, everyone has had a time in their lives when they wanted to fit in at school or home. Sometimes it is hard to try to blend into the surroundings. Moving from Boston to Tallahassee has taught me a lot about such things like honor, pride, and self-reliance. Such is related to us in Wilfred Owens’s “Dulce et Decorum est” which is about his experience in World War I.... [tags: Personal Perspective]
1075 words (3.1 pages)
- Personal Narrative- My Life as a Student, Athlete and Christian “I knew this was bliss, knew it at the time.” These words of Eudora Welty, although expressing her feeling from devouring book after book, can also be applied to my life. While not relating to my literacy, Welty’s lexis nonetheless conveys my own feelings after learning the significance of hard work. I’ve put excess effort in performing the roles of a student, an athlete, and a Christian. Success and growth in each component of my life has taught me the value and necessity of a strong work ethic.... [tags: Personal Perspective]
827 words (2.4 pages)
- Personal Perspective Paper The author Ken Lakuta (date unknown) once wrote, “Opportunities exists in the air for just a few minutes. If you don’t obey your gut feeling right away, you’ve lost your chance” (Brown, quoting Lakuta, date unknown, p.3). I do not want to miss my chance. I intend to seize the moment and finish the courses necessary to obtain my master’s of business administration for many reasons. With the tools the University has made available to me such as “rEsource”, learning team environment, and problem-based learning I will successfully complete this program and achieve my goal.... [tags: essays research papers]
760 words (2.2 pages)
Another asset of rEsource is the eBook collection. This is an area of rEsource that I haven't been able to fully explore but that I know will probably be vital in my professional development as I pursue this degree. The eBook collection offers access 24x7 to various books on different topics for self-improvement and/or career development. The value of rEsource is the many tools that are available for improving old skills and learning new skills.
The Value of Learning Teams
The value of Learning teams is learning to work effectively with other individuals. Teamwork has become the cornerstone of the workplace. The concept of the super trooper has given way to rewards of a super think team. In learning teams, students are able to learn from one another through the many discussions in the newsgroups, students learn how to be open-minded to opinions and ideas of others, how to effectively contribute toward a project, in addition, how to support and motivate each other. All of these skills are extremely important in the workplace. For a team to be effective, everyone as to be willing to communicate, respect differences and know how to stay focus on accomplishing the common goal. Conflict in any of these areas can lead to disastrous results for the team.
The greatest challenge for any team is individualism. Everyone has his/her own way of doing things the right way. Some people are born procastistors and others are early birds. Everyone has their own way of looking at a situation. Learning how to find a common ground within the learning team is essential for it's success. Students will learn through the problem-based learning how to adapt to different situations in order to become valuable and successful team members.
The Value of Problem-Based Learning
Problem- based learning is about retraining ourselves to be proactive instead of reactive. According to Marti, Gil, Julia (2006), " Problem based learning focuses on learning the necessary tools to correctly find a solution to given problems". ( 1). In essence, problem-based learning tells us to think about all of our alteratives before we act , look for the possible benefits instead of reacting to immediate solution. By following the 9-step plan we are able to formulate the best course of action for benefit in the long-term instead of just a short term fix. Problem-based learning encourages better problem solving and develops critical thinking skills.