A dogs behavior is significantly more desirable than a cats. A dog is loving and friendly most of the time and enjoys a good belly rub as a reward. If you try and scratch a cats belly, the cat will try to scratch and bite you. A dog is incomparably easier to train than a cat. You can teach a dog to do anything from bringing you your newspaper to the simplest command, sit. As a result of being able to train a dog, a dog goes to the bathroom outside, leaving no stench behind in your house. Whereas, a cat uses a litter box to go to the bathroom, there is always a stench in your house. Dogs are also far better with children. Dogs form a far greater bond with newborn babies, and often times do not leave the child’s crib side. Also, a trained dog will not cause destruction to your house, while you cannot train a cat to not use their sharp little claws to tear at the side of your couches, and rip and shred all the way down your curtains. Dogs also do not jump places where most cats jump, such as in your lap on your laptop, or on your dinner table at dinner. A dog won’t be a surprise first thing in the morning laying in your bathroom sink either. A dog will lay nex...
... middle of paper ...
...iterally. Dogs have that funny little way of making you know he is happy, and, dogs are actually known to smile. A dog is a pack animal, you are their family and their responsibility to their family is to love you and protect you. A dog will always return the love that you show them, such as always being at the door to greet you whenever you get home. A dog will follow you wherever you go. If your watching a movie, he will be the warmth beside you. If you are cooking in the kitchen, he will be at your feet waiting for just one ingredient to drop to the floor. A dogs love for its owner is a true love.
The next time you are deciding on a pet, remember that a dog has good behavior, better convenience, and the best loyalty any dog could have over a cat. There are many reasons to get a pet, but how could you pass up a dog, an animal who will faithfully love you forever.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Flea Control for Dogs and Cats Many Americans have a four-legged member of their family in their home. Most people deal with housebreaking problems, pet hair on furniture, and an occasional broken lamp because all the friendly welcomes home outweigh these minor problems. When the weather begins to get warmer, these pet owners begin to cringe with the thought of spring. It can only mean one thing; flea season and the circus of giving flea baths and dips is about to start. But in the past few years, there has been a break through in scientific technology allowing both owners and pets to rest easier.... [tags: Pets Dogs Cats Essays]
416 words (1.2 pages)
- Characteristics of Magical Realism in If Dinosaurs Were Cats And Dogs "If Dinosaurs Were Cats And Dogs" is a short story written by Colin McNaughton. "If Dinosaurs were Cats And Dogs" was published in 1981. It is classified under the fantastic sublime. However, based on the analysis of "If Dinosaurs were Cats And Dogs" one would believe that magical realism is a genre of the sublime. While reading "If Dinosaurs Were Cats And Dogs", one comes upon the illustrations in the book. Through out all of the illustrations, the people are on a smaller scale then the animals.... [tags: Dinosaurs Were Cats And Dogs Essays]
1022 words (2.9 pages)
- For eighteen years, I have always lived in a house with two dogs and two cats. Within those eighteen years, I have been through three dogs, but always had two around the house. In those eighteen years, the two cats have always been the same, until one had an unexpected decline in his health. Chester, the mouthy Russian blue feline, had become sick and was no longer acting normal. Unfortunately, as a family of four, we decided to euthanize him. We did it out of mercy. We also euthanized our second cat, Sammy, out of the mercy of him becoming a lost soul in the house, always trying to find Chester.... [tags: Cat, Cats, Cat communication, Cat coat genetics]
1020 words (2.9 pages)
- When you talk to pet owners about owning a cat versus a dog, it stirs up much controver-sy in many ways. By looking at both cats and dogs, the cat outweighs the dog in many ways, which makes the cat the superior selection when making a final decision on which one to get. Cats have very desirable qualities that make them an award winning choice to many owners. The qualities that appeal to most are the ability of the cat to live in small spaces, they do not eat large amounts of food for their meals, and they are very sedentary and independent in nature making them a low maintenance pet.... [tags: Cat, Predation, Dog, Theobromine poisoning]
1321 words (3.8 pages)
- Dogs and cats are the most popular pets in the whole world. Even though they’re both very popular, they are different in many ways. Some people gravitate towards the calmness of a cat, while others seek the companionship of a dog. Cats are a lot more independent and less expensive. Cats don’t require nor do they want to be trained to be a house pet. Dogs on the other hand are very loyal and will act as your best friend. Dogs require more attention and training to be a well behaved family member.... [tags: popular pets, animals, dog, cat]
1000 words (2.9 pages)
- Shelters all across the United States are filled with yapping, meowing, and barking animals. If these animals are not adopted in time to make room for more unwanted animals, they are euthanized. Animals are breeding quickly, causing fluctuation in the animal population. It is almost literally raining cats and dogs. An effective way to combat this problem is the spay and neuter the animals to ensure they do not reproduce. Spaying and neutering animals will decrease the animal population and prevent many animals from being put into crowded shelters and euthanized.... [tags: Animals, Euthanasia, Shelter]
1102 words (3.1 pages)
- For one to understand the concept and meaning of the word altruism, he or she must be able to understand the meaning and concept of egoism, morals, and ethics. Each term represents one’s desire to do what he or she believes is ethical. In this paper I will discuss and provide five scenarios describing several occasions in which I have performed a good deed to help another individual or have witnessed someone else do a good deed to help another individual. Based on my understanding of the word altruism, it means showing concern for the well being of others.... [tags: Helping, Kindness]
1643 words (4.7 pages)
- 10 Best Airlines Approved Pet Carriers for Dogs and Cats A pet make a man a better human and adds a personal touch to the home while being an integral part of any family. However, at times when the family goes out on a trip the most important aspect becomes the fact that the pets need to be taken along comfortably as well and thus the importance of pet carrier is of utmost importance. While a pet carrier is a necessity for the safety and security of the pet, it also ensures that the people around are not discomforted in case the pets travel in bus, train and even in the airlines waiting area.... [tags: Airline, Avianca, Southwest Airlines, Air travel]
2083 words (6 pages)
- The cursed cat. He was grinning at them, that insolent face just grinning and staring, those disgusting whiskers twitching, the disgusting muddy fur, the disgusting hole in his ear. Scampi and Mustard stood at the bottom of the tree, tongues slowly moving in and out. It was over, both of them knew. They stared right back at the mangy cat with hate in their eyes. Its tail was curling back and forth. "Can't we wait this time?" "No." "But-" "We could stand here all day, but we'd have to leave sometime.... [tags: Creative Writing Essays]
4906 words (14 pages)
- Cats vs. Dogs Are you a cat person or a dog person. In the age-old schism of cats versus dogs, there has always been a debate for both sides. No matter what side is taken there will always be a debate about which animal is superior. People choose pets based on a certain kinship they feel with the animal. Now, perhaps cat lovers are uptight, but they don't choose to claim kinship with a creature whose first act upon meeting a new member of its own kind is to sniff its behind. There is also the problem of dignity and discrimination -- as in, dogs have none.... [tags: Pets Ownership Dog Cat Essays Compare Contrast]
564 words (1.6 pages)
- Analysis of Nickel and Dimed: On (Not) Getting by in America by Barbara Ehrenreich
- Seeking Spiritual Health
- What If We Still Lived in the World of Cities Rather than Nation-states?
- Future of Solar Power
- Case Study Regarding a Glitch in a Scottish Bank and Outsourcing IT in India
- Employee Training and Career Development