“Just call me whenever you get to the restaurant, so you can bring me something home’” I stated to my mom before i hung up the phone. We were just beginning or fourth episode of “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse” of the evening, before bath time. After a little convincing Samantha finally fell asleep and I began picking up the destruction that comes from a three year old. When I had not heard from my mom in over an hour I decided to text her thinking that once again they forgot I was babysitting. “So what restaurant did you guys end up at?” I set my phone down and began to finish the strenuous Trig problem I had been working on for what felt like the last three hours.
Instead of texting me back my phone rang, I picked up the phone and immediately ask the same question again, “So what restaurant did you guys end up at?” However her answer was not at all what I was expecting. “We are on the way to the hospital with Ma” she answered back in a nervous and anxious voice. I froze immediately hundreds of situations flooded my mind. I wanted to jump off the couch and rush to the hospital. Ma recently turned 89 so when you find out she is being rushed to the hospital in an ambulance, positive thoughts are hard to come by. Remaining calm was a challenge but I knew right then that my emotions did not matter. I had to be strong for everyone else, it was not just me who was overcome with sadness. I hung up the phone and just sat there. No tears, no screaming nothing. I felt nothing. All I was worried about was everyone else.
Beth and Scott came home an hour later. It was only ten o 'clock on a Saturday night so I figured they heard about Ma. “Have you talked to your parents?” were the first words out of her mouth. I responded “Yes, they ...
... middle of paper ...
...way he can come home.” Those words told me that she does not have much longer. If Matt is trying to come home something 's really wrong. Matt was scheduled to leave the day before this for his fourth deployment, and for him to try and come home was a huge deal. As soon as I hung up the phone I gathered my stuff and head to my car, fighting back the tears as I walked through the crowed. This was the time more than ever that I had to be strong for everyone else. But as soon as i sat down in my car I began to sob. I had conflicting thoughts flowing through my head, “yes I would love to see Matt because I have never gotten to see him right before he is deployed. However on the other hand I did not want him to come home because that validated the fact that Ma may really be dying.”
I ended up rushing to the hospital not because may was doing worse, but in my head all I
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Strength “Just call me whenever you get to the restaurant, so you can bring me something home’” I stated to my mom before i hung up the phone. We were just beginning or fourth episode of “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse” of the evening, before bath time. After a little convincing Samantha finally fell asleep and I began picking up the destruction that comes from a three year old. When I had not heard from my mom in over an hour I decided to text her thinking that once again they forgot I was babysitting.... [tags: English-language films, Time, Family]
1148 words (3.3 pages)
- Unknown Enemy War is no child 's play, but unfortunately, we have had times in our past when the youth of our great nation had to defend it. Combat is not an easy for anyone; watching death, the constant ring of gunfire, the homesickness, fearing for your life, and witnessing bloodshed daily, this will begin to take its toll. The minds threshold for brutality can only handle so much and eventually will become sickened by these events. This sickness is called Post-traumatic stress disorder. As shown through the characters of The Things They Carried, soldiers of war may begin to show PTSD symptoms before the war is over, and may continue to fight the disorder after the war has ended.... [tags: Posttraumatic stress disorder]
2018 words (5.8 pages)
- Person’s Diagnosis Experience Before being diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) mom was physically capable of day to day activities, she loved interacting with people and meeting new people, she had no health problems, full of energy, out going, fully involved in parenting, loved her husband, loved life to the fullest in the church and community. After the in car accident in 2000, where she was trapped in a burning car for a long period of time she began to have trauma after trauma happen in her life; she suffered from severe anxiety, nightmares, flashbacks (stress over the smell of gas and reminders of the trauma) along with chronic pain and fatigue.... [tags: Posttraumatic stress disorder]
1332 words (3.8 pages)
- Happiness can come in different forms for each person. Some people dream of achieving great wealth to buy everything they ever wanted. Others may find simple tasks such as, reading a book, to make them happy. There are people who find happiness by making others happy, whether it’d be, feeding the homeless, or giving random compliments to strangers. I think that most people would agree that the purpose of life is happiness. There are several things that bring happiness to my world, which include, family, health, and laughter, among other things.... [tags: Personal life, Happiness, Health]
1717 words (4.9 pages)
- My hope in participating in the Diversity course is to have a greater understanding of our ever changing work environment continues to evolve quicker, than we can keep up with diversity and culture. Overtime documentation has proven the multitudes of benefits of incorporating diversity from financial gain, fewer turnovers of employees, gaining larger consumer markets, inspiring innovation and creativity, and entrepreneurship. More important, I feel we need to look ahead, and begin forecasting what challenges we will have for the future.... [tags: Psychology, Health care, Discrimination]
1160 words (3.3 pages)
- Stress is part of an interview because employers or hiring managers want to know how the candidate reacts under pressure. They want to make sure the applicant is capable if solving problems and making decision under stressful situations. The interviewer must be ready to answers stress questions especially regarding his or her resume and personal aspects. A good way to see stress questions as help for the candidate is an opportunity to demonstrate personal abilities on the job. However, it is important for the candidate to be ready for those questions, and practice will help him or her be confortable and learn how to answer.... [tags: Employment, Interview, Termination of employment]
716 words (2 pages)
- Stress Journal Reflection My stress journal showed recurring patterns, my two biggest stressors were races and roommate troubles. To understand how these two situations became stressors it is important to analyze the Lazarus and Folkman model. In the situation of roommate issues, one of my suitemates always comes into my room while I am doing homework. Most of the time I will be sitting at my desk or on my bed reading or watching a video for class. When she walks into my room my primary appraisal tends to answer the questions “What does this situation mean.... [tags: Emotion, Time, Pleading, Prince]
901 words (2.6 pages)
- While taking psychology this past few months I have realized why I am who I am. I finally learned why I bite my finger nails and chew on things that probably are not good for my teeth. I also learned why I can take things that people might tell them and better myself, but others may cry. When I was younger I had a hard time regulating my emotions which lead to me externalizing my problem. This lead to me always playing rough. Most girls do not play this way, but this actually helped release my anger in a positive way.... [tags: Sigmund Freud, Oral stage, Motivation]
1886 words (5.4 pages)
- As before mentioned in my midterm reflection, I still feel I have room for improvement. My greatest weakness is still procrastination. I still have the habit of waiting until the last minute to write a paper that deserves much more attention ahead of time. I feel that I did not did the proper amount of attention to all of my papers. Personal problem aside, I find that my weaknesses mostly lie within transitions and proper comma placement. I run my papers through paperrater.com and I always receive a poor score for transitional phrases.... [tags: Writing, Paper, Comma, Better]
766 words (2.2 pages)
- Personal SWOT Analysis Strengths Leadership Motivated Hardworking Weaknesses Organization Time Management Personal Money Management Opportunities Networking Abilities Mobile Education Threats Technology replacement Competition Strengths: Leadership: During my life I have always felt it was important to be a leader in every activity that was presented to me. In school, I have always taken the responsibility of leading my team to get A 's on our group projects. I believe it is important to not only show your personal qualifications but to also bring out the best in other people around you.... [tags: Management, Leadership, Personal life]
1016 words (2.9 pages)