2. I have several people that were most influential in giving me feedback about myself. One of them is my aunt. She helped me many times in the past. Well, she tried her best to help me. However, since everyone lives with it, I should deal with it. She understands my situation, but she does not understand me because she cannot get inside my head. Nevertheless, she did not give up on me. She told me some of the things she considered her secret and how she overcame it. As a result, I had a different perspective of her understanding. She loves me no matter who I am since my mom and dad does not know English well. The other person is my friends. I know him or a long time. My teacher told me that 99 perc...
... middle of paper ...
7. Interpersonal communication will help me find that successful and satisfying life because it teaches me about others and myself. I have to understand and learn about love, trust and forgive myself before I can truly communicate these with others. I mean, I know myself. I only perceive myself from the outside, which is not enough. I need to release my inner self to the world so I can move on and be truly happy. Just like Kung Fu Panda. It’s a lot more difficult than it sounds.
8. I will consume a much knowledge as possible to use what is important to me. One is paying attention to my surroundings. Teach myself based on the information I learned. Of course, I may continue to make mistakes, but at least try to prevent them. I will also learn by communicating with my peers. Being a part of the class is important because I need to volunteer and talk with my opinion.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Described within the vignette is a nineteen year old teenager named Brandy. Similar to girls her age, Brandy has difficulties dealing with her body image and self-esteem. For instance, she experiences hopelessness, isolation, sadness, and anxiety that all contribute to Brandy’s acknowledgement of her physical appearance. She completely overestimates her body size to the point of taking dieting pills then defaulting to purging. During the typical day, the meals are scarce but healthy compared to a bad day full of unhealthy snacking.... [tags: Bulimia nervosa, Anorexia nervosa]
834 words (2.4 pages)
- Paper on Balance and Success in life Everyone dreams of a successful career and life. The definition of success is very personal. For me, the term “Successful career” revolves around happiness. My definition for successful career and a successful life: For me, a successful career is one that stirs up a certain level of excitement, passion and happiness in me. In my view, successful career should be enjoyable and interesting. To be successful at work I always pose these questions to myself: • Is this place giving me enough space to showcase my talent.... [tags: Personal life, Happiness, Success]
1051 words (3 pages)
- I 've exerted every possible action to try and talk to you. You want nothing to do with me and that 's something I 've come to terms with. You kept me optimistic at the lowest point in my life. The loss of an old friend triggered one of the longest and hardest bipolar episodes I 've had to endure. It 's a very personal and uneasy topic but I 'm doing this as a way of having some sort of closure. You were the first person I told I was going to start therapy and you never judged me. No one knew besides my family, I didn 't want pity or want to be seen as vulnerable and weak.... [tags: 2008 singles, 2007 singles, Want, WANT]
1427 words (4.1 pages)
- Module Two: Case Study Four College life can be quite the adjustment for most new students. When entering the collegiate atmosphere, there are new, sometimes unspoken, social rules and norms. With so many new social elements for students to acclimate to, already difficult situations, such as any form of conflict, are often particularly difficult to address. Fortunately, with a clear understanding of the various forms of conflict management, new students can learn to effectively communicate regarding any subject matter they may encounter.... [tags: Self-esteem, Aggression, Conflict]
720 words (2.1 pages)
- 1. Describe how you handle stressful situations. Stressful situations are very trying to one’s self-esteem and health. I tend to handle moderate stress well, seeing as it typically motivates me. While extreme amounts of stress can immobilize me at moments, and challenge my mental strength. Stress never gets the best of me though. I may struggle, but working past the obstacles and facing them is what I have found to be the best way to deal with stress. 2. Discuss your time management skills.... [tags: High school, Homework, Grade, Ninth grade]
1807 words (5.2 pages)
- I had a month to submit my research paper, so I didn’t have to start doing it right away. Surprisingly, I put it off for 27 days and now I only had 3 days to finish it. Knowing the due date was near; I jumped up on my table and started to write. Unfortunately, I couldn’t believe that choosing a tiny topic for my paper was a challenging task for me. Then, I decided to work on it another day. Only 2 days were left for the deadline, it was Sunday, so I had to go to work and came home late at night, too tired to use my brain for anything.... [tags: Procrastination, Time management, Perfectionism]
1497 words (4.3 pages)
- Self esteem is the regard in which an individual holds himself or herself worthy. Leadership is the ability to guide others in the directions of their goals and motivation is the energy of the requirement or aspiration to act. These three components are essential to having a successful life. Self esteem affects one’s life in almost every aspect. It is our own perception of ourselves and how we value our worth. It is important to maintain a healthy self esteem because low self esteem can impair one from reaching their full potential in their personal and professional life.... [tags: Ethics, Self-esteem, Motivation, Emotion]
1226 words (3.5 pages)
- Self-esteem becomes the visualization of one’s value as a person. It develops over the sequence of a person 's life. Beliefs about self are based on the experiences throughout one’s life. These experiences have given messages about the type of person someone will become. A number of situations can negatively affect a person’s self-esteem. Negative experiences create negative beliefs. Visual, aural, or experienced events in one’s family, the wider community and school have influenced the views of a person.... [tags: Self-esteem, Childhood, Child, Female]
1085 words (3.1 pages)
- ... 395). The “peak” of the age-crime curve is 17 years old (Lilly et al., p. 384). Dominant Alternative Explanations to Gottfredson and Hirschi’s Perspective Although Gottfredson and Hirschi’s perspective on self-control and crime causation is one that seems logical, there are still some elements regarding recidivism that are not properly addressed in their theories. One such alternative theory was proposed by Gerald Patterson and his Social Interactional Developmental Model. Patterson echoed similar sentiments of Gottfredson and Hirschi, but did not believe that low levels of self-control are the result of bad parenting, and rejected control theory altogether (Lilly et al., p.... [tags: research by Michael Gottfredson/Travis Hirschi]
1177 words (3.4 pages)
- R.W. Emerson’s Self-Reliance The essay has three major divisions: the importance of self-reliance (paragraphs 1-17), self-reliance and the individual (paragraphs 18-32), and self-reliance and society (paragraphs 33-50). As a whole, it promotes self-reliance as an ideal, even a virtue, and contrasts it with various modes of dependence or conformity. “Self-Reliance” Paragraphs 1-17. The Importance of Self-Reliance. Emerson begins his major work on individualism by asserting the importance of thinking for oneself rather than meekly accepting other people’s ideas.... [tags: essays research papers]
5053 words (14.4 pages)
- Family System Lens Contextualist Theory Mapping
- The Death Of Suicide Victims
- I Am A Week Ago I Almost Gave Up With A Coffee And Baileys Stewing
- Effective Workplace Writing Is An Essential Part Of Functioning At Work
- An American Company, Universal Building Supplies ( Ubs )
- Effects Of Self Management Interventions With Functional Behavioral Assessment