I didn 't know what cold was. In fact, the closest thing to cold was a few Christmas ago when it was about sixty degrees and we almost die from hypothermia. On 2009 I was living in Rehoboth, Delaware and it was about to get cold. The winter will not only take the heat away, but also jobs and housing for immigrants like me. As the days got shorter and darker I made my plans. I was going to buy a car, move in it, and drive across the country to find a better version of myself. All I needed for my brilliant plan to work was a driver’s license. Getting a driver’s license can be easy and exciting for most people, however for others can be illegal, terrifying and life changing.
On a windy night of September, in a bar, I meet a Vladimir Putin looking guy, with blue eyes and blonde hair. American to me, until opening his pink lips to tell me his name, “Alexander” he said with a heavy accent. If you just guess that he was Russian, you are right. Like in a mafia movie, he talked about his services and sky touching prices. The same night I gave him seven hundred dolla...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I hopped in the driver’s seat of my husband big truck and begin to get very anxious. My mind went blank. I all of a sudden forgot which pedal was to brake and which one was for the gas. I had to pull myself together because I was determined to learn how to drive. I put the car into drive and both my hands on the steering wheel. Before I can do anything my husband yelled “Stop, and put your seat belt on!” I started laughing and buckled my seat belt. I put the car into drive, put my foot on the gas, and the truck jerked and sped off.... [tags: Driving, Automobile, Driver's license]
1241 words (3.5 pages)
- How to Get Driver License Having a driver license is very significant and beneficial nowadays. Getting a driver license is extremely important in our lives, especially for young adults, because acquiring a driver license does not just mean they can drive and go where they want, but also it is a greater responsibility since they are beginning to live their lives like adults not as children. Also, there are a lot of immigrants that come to the USA, and they have to get a driver license to be able to go and provide for their families requirements, but they do not know how to begin.... [tags: Driving, Driver's license, Driving test]
710 words (2 pages)
- It was the night before my driver’s test, and with each passing hour I felt the anxiety creep into my veins. Vying for first place with high school graduation and prom night, receiving a driver’s license is one of the biggest milestones in a teenager’s life. A driver’s license means midnight runs to Sheetz, road trips to the beach, and rides to the mall without your mom blowing kisses from the car as you walk sheepishly towards your friends. What more could a teenager want than these perks. Of course, I was hyper-aware of all that was at stake in regards to my driver’s test.... [tags: Driving, Automobile, Test, Driver's license]
770 words (2.2 pages)
- Whether or not teenagers should be allowed to get their driver 's license at age sixteen is a known topic across the United States. One of the causes for this argument is the number of fatalities caused by young drivers. Evidence shows, “In 2012, 1,875 drivers between the ages of 15 and 20 died in motor vehicle crashes and an additional 184,000 young drivers were injured, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration,” (“Teen Drivers”). Most accidents are caused by young drivers.... [tags: Driver's license, Driver's education, Driving]
1224 words (3.5 pages)
- How to Get your Driver 's License As a kid, I have always wanted to be able to drive and get my drivers license. I was always told “nope, not yet” or “no, you aren’t old enough yet”. This just only made me want to get it even more. All those years of me sitting in the back just patiently waiting to get my license was almost unbearable. Soon enough the time came for me to start to think about getting my license, but little did I know how long the process of getting it was going to be. The first step is that kids have to make sure they are of minimum age in order to attend segment one of drivers training.... [tags: Driving, Driver's license, Passport]
1327 words (3.8 pages)
- What to do if in an Auto Accident. With so many vehicles on the roads today, automobile accidents have become an everyday occurrence. If you have been involved in a collision, it’s understandable that you’ll be upset and nervous after an accident, but it is important to remain as calm as possible and to record as many details as you can. Here is a list of some things that will need to be done both before you leave the accident scene and shortly afterwards. 1. If you are able to get out of your car, check on the other driver and any passengers to see if anyone needs medical attention.... [tags: Tram accident, Automobile]
704 words (2 pages)
- “Traffic accidents are the leading cause of death for American teenagers, accounting for about a third of all deaths in that age group” (Crisp). In actual numbers, motor vehicle crashes kill more than 5,000 teenagers every year (Gregory). These statistics are frightening and have led more than 50 percent of adults to support higher required ages for drivers’ licenses (Gregory). Teenagers, though, say this would be unfair and would make their lives difficult. Meeting the needs of Indiana teenagers while still keeping them and other drivers safe can be accomplished by a more restrictive graduated licensing law.... [tags: accidents, driver, lincense, teenagers]
788 words (2.3 pages)
- The minimum driving age differs depending on the province in Canada. In BC, the minimum driving age is 16. However, In BC we operate with a graduated system for the driver’s licenses. That is to say, According to ICBC (2015) once an adolescent reaches the age of 16 they must first obtain an L, or Learners by passing a knowledge test. After one year of supervised training the adolescent a road test, passing this road test awards them with an N, or Novice. After two years of safe driving unsupervised driving, the adolescent must take one last road test to be an unrestricted driver.... [tags: Driving, Driver's license, Driving test]
1044 words (3 pages)
- Becoming a teenager and then an adult, there are so many challenges and responsibilities. Becoming a licensed driver changed my life. From the time I was old enough to play video games, playing racing games was always my favorite. What does video games and driving in real life have to do with each other. They helped me to become a safe and more cautious individual. The video games used a simulator type steering wheel and gas pedal. Using this helped me get an idea of how to use the wheel and pedal properly.... [tags: Driving, Driver's license, Learning, Driving test]
748 words (2.1 pages)
- Should the age to receive a driver's license be raised and, if not, should graduated licensing be instituted. This is a growing question across America as well as other countries around our globe. The percentage of teenage accidents involving automobiles is on a constant rise. Whether caused by the lack of experience or under the influence of alcohol, death has become all too common among teen motorists. This problem is not going to go away by itself; action needs to be taken. The state must raise the age requirement to receive a license or institute graduated licensing because teens are not mature enough to handle the dangerous responsibilities of driving.... [tags: Drivers License Papers]
2129 words (6.1 pages)