Life is a mixture of experiences, culture, tradition, sexuality, politics and much more. Experiences make us the person who we are today. Describing how an individual handles certain stages in life. These experiences demonstrates how a person behaves, and determines their attitude. In my life I have experienced many things that have affected me in all aspects of myself. How I interact with people, what my actions are, my preferences, and all about me. With my experiences that I have faced I learned many things but one thing that stands out is that everyone should have morals of compassion, kindness, and respect the value of life. This is a very diminutive world and we can take to perspective to be considerate with our actions and say.
We should bring to thought the idea that within every action or speech it has an effect to something or someone. C. Write Mills the author of the text “The Sociological Imagination”(1959) he discusses that we all have a cause in this world and we are connected to everyone and everything. If we would like to change the standards of something it is capable. Mills connects the notion of how people feel when confronted with something they think they cannot handle, but everyone is capable of doing. He states; “Is it any wonder that ordinary men feel they can cope with the larger worlds with which they are so suddenly confronted.” Mills is describing that sometimes men feel as if they cannot change something that is in a larger social problem (War, Animal Cruelty, Child Hunger ,etc…) But this question is raised for us to go out of the thinking routine and discover the answer that we can fulfil anything we want with one simple thing to take action. Because we are part of this s...
... middle of paper ...
...ffected by us. When there is something that you do not enjoy you have the power to shift it if you want. We all behold that power because we are part of the system. We are the system.
Work Cited Page
- "Bulying Statistics." Bulying Statistics. N.p., n.d. Web. 10 Dec. 2013.
- Paul Tough, The Poverty Clinic, The New Yorker, March 21, 2011, Print
- "How Meat Contributes to Global Warming: Scientific American." How Meat Contributes to Global Warming: Scientific American. N.p., n.d. Web. 10 Dec. 2013.
- "Vegetarian Diets." Vegetarian Diets. N.p., n.d. Web. 10 Dec. 2013
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Bullies and Their Victims A situation where a child is victimized and it occurs on the way to or from school, on school grounds, to or from a school event, or at a school event, it is considered school violence (CDC, 2015). Bullying can be in the form of physical harm involving behaviors like hitting, or in the emotional form which involves more verbal or indirect forms of attack. Bullying can also take place over the internet meaning kids can now be bullied right from the comforts of their own home; that is called cyberbullying.... [tags: Bullying, Victimisation, Abuse, Victim]
2075 words (5.9 pages)
- Summary This article investigates the psychosocial adjustment of bullies, victims, bully/victims, and a control group of adolescents unaffected by violence. Indicators of adjustment were self-esteem, symptoms of depression, stress, loneliness and satisfaction with their life. 1,319 adolescents from seven state schools in Spain were given self assessment inventories in these five categories. ANOVAs revealed the bullies were similar to the control group in self-esteem, lack of depression and loneliness, but were similar to victims and victim/bullies regarding higher stress and lower satisfaction with life.... [tags: Sociology]
619 words (1.8 pages)
- Bullies choose their victims wisely, targeting kids who are disliked and less likely to be defended by their peers. These kids become frequent targets of verbal and physical attacks or other forms of abuse. What sustain these repeated assaults are retreat cycles between pairs of children. Research indicates that about ten to twenty percent of children are bullies, while there is a fifteen to thirty percent who are repeatedly victimized (Salmivalli & Voeten, 2004). Bullies are both male and females but mostly males.... [tags: Social Issues]
887 words (2.5 pages)
- Personal Narrative- Victim of Robbery My story started about a week ago. I was heading to bed early, because I was tired from a long day with plans to wake up a few hours before class to review for a test. As I closed my books for the evening and headed to bed around midnight, little did I know something was going on outside. A little later that night someone entered my garage, which was so conveniently unlocked. They first rummaged through my dad’s van outside and I think they stole his coat, a tape and a few rolls of film.... [tags: Personal Narrative]
691 words (2 pages)
- Many parents believe that sending their children to school is almost certainly the safest place for them to be, nevertheless it is probably one of the worlds most dangerous places in the United States. School violence has been around for many generations. School violence may be terminated if we take the right actions. Students get affected in several different ways and react differently from their peers. School violence is a belligerent activity that can happen with school staff as well, as well as with students.... [tags: immodest behaviors, schools]
572 words (1.6 pages)
- Personal Narrative- Amazon Experience Being a curious little twelve year old who was eager to discover the world, when my father asked me back in 1997 if I wanted to travel to Colombia, I jumped on the opportunity. Little did I know just how much I would be discovering. Colombia held sights, sound, and smells that I had never experienced. Crowded city highways with no marked lanes, the stench of lead exhaust filling the overcrowded streets of the capitol, the freshness of the Andean Mountains filling the country air.... [tags: Personal Narrative]
1043 words (3 pages)
- Personal Narrative- The Fatal Car Accident I always hear those old sayings. In the course of one day I can hear them about everything from retraining old dogs to getting up early. I think they make sense and I even ponder on some of them, but I never really thought one might mean as much to me, or become as realistic as it has become in my life. The clichés about telling those you love, how you feel, before it is too late and the ones about living every day like it is your last have an all new meaning to me.... [tags: Personal Narrative]
854 words (2.4 pages)
- Personal Narative- Tough Girl She went to the land of Hollywood with a diamond wedding necklace hanging loosely from her neck like a noose before it gives its snapping goodbye. She went to the land of dreams with pride coloring her shadow; a haughty swing of her thick plait; and why not. Her name was Serina –she was named after a dream. Why not. I thought, though I cried the night before because she got the chance bestowed to her curvy hips, her white Colgate smile, her crystal blue eyes. And what about me.... [tags: Personal Narrative Writing]
1367 words (3.9 pages)
- ... I can still hear the echoes of his authoritative voice booming through my head. ‘You stupid, stupid, stupid girl.’ His belittling, recurring phrases hammered my head unremittingly. I tried to block out his demeaning and reprimanding words. Slowly and slowly, I could see his facial features appear before my eyes. His wicked, distinguished smile combined with his piercing grey eyes effortlessly discredited you in an astonishing manner when they scrutinized you for no reason. Just thinking about it anchorages a fierce pain in the pit of my heart.... [tags: personal narrative]
1331 words (3.8 pages)
- Personal Narrative- Christian Apologetics Two weeks of this past summer rank high as some of the most rewarding times of my life. Next to my salvation, the experience has become an important turning point of my youth. This experience changed my worldview into a biblical perspective, and strengthened my faith in the Lord. For the first time, I was on my own, flying cross-country to spend two weeks in Colorado, not for a vacation I might add. I was to attend a Christian apologetics course sponsored by Summit Ministries.... [tags: Personal Narrative]
340 words (1 pages)