In my junior high school, my writing skill made me fall in love with debate. I still wrote narration, however, I preferred the argumentative essay. Argumentative essay often has clear opinions and I can state the reasons why agree with one holding and why I do not agree with other holdings. I still remember my Chinese teacher asked me to debate with other students 3 days later. Well, I am a outgoing girl so I always talk to others so that I have persuasiveness. I was so nervous to prepare the materials. My Chinese teacher saw me and gave me advices. “It’s okay, ziyun. ” she said. “Do you know why I choose you to do the debate? First of all, you have outgoing personality. Also, I saw your argumentative essay and I ‘m pretty sure that your mind is clear and you can do this! It’s just lik...
... middle of paper ...
...ountry. So I tried my best to answer their questions and promised them that I would write more essays to introduce my country. After that, I made friends with Americans and communicate with them so that my spoken English is better.
With the developing of my interest in writing, I began to read English books and improve my writing skills and level. The most favorite author for me is Shakespeare and his works Romeo and Juliet. When I saw two young people loved each other but separated by their families, I was touched so much. Then I wrote a book review on it and found it was quite easy for me to write about my thoughts after I was touched. Therefore, it was this novel that made me know if I want to write a good review on articles, I should have deepest feeling by the article. In a similar way, if I want to write a good paper, I should understand the materials in-depth.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Personal Narrative- Joy in Helping the Homeless America's strong heritage with regard to allowing its citizens the right to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" has brought about a mindset that each person should work for his own benefit and personal pleasure. While there is nothing wrong with happiness and enjoying oneself, this route to seeking out joy will usually leave people empty-handed. A recent experience with a homeless man strengthened my belief that true, satisfying happiness comes not from working for one's own benefit but from serving others.... [tags: Personal Narrative Writing]
1809 words (5.2 pages)
- I usually wake up at around 7:00 am. My actual alarm time is at 6:30 am but I always snooze it. In the holidays, I wake up around 12 o’ clock. My friends say that I am the laziest person in the world. The first thing I hear from my mum is, “You are late”. I will then stream downstairs for breakfast. My parents always say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. So I try my level best not to miss it. My mum really loves cooking, so I can have different varieties of breakfast everyday.... [tags: essay about myself, Personal Experience]
1310 words (3.7 pages)
- My very important person in my life and always has been, my grandma. She has always just been there for me, and everyone else that is in our family. Also our friend’s. She is what you could call “the rock” of our family she keeps us all up, in our times of hardships. And makes us all laugh when we are having an amazing day. It’s just that she is an all around great person. My grandmother has worked her way up through her schooling and to go college to get her degree. She has never given up even through the hard times that occurred in the 30’s and so on.... [tags: essay about myself, Personal Experience]
489 words (1.4 pages)
- Quite often different people I come across commend me on my creative ability to draw and paint. The observer's comments usually include the question "Where did you learn how to draw like that?" I normally tell them some generic answer like "a lot of practice, " but truthfully my response should be "in my miserably boring childhood." However I usually refrain from being that honest to either avoid a weird look or to avoid a lengthy explanation like the one that follows. Compared to some of the horrible stories of child abuse I've heard, my childhood was a Walt Disney fairytale, but in my own eyes I was an unhappy kid.... [tags: Personal Narrative, essay about myself]
1650 words (4.7 pages)
- Cathy is my mom 's stepmother. She has always been a really big part of my life. I chose her for my guided biographical study of an older person, because I know she has gone through a lot in her lifetime. She is very easy to have conversations with, and she is very open about the hardships she has been through. I also chose her because it was convenient. She decided to come visit for a few days in October, so I asked if I could interview her for class while she was here. Cathy lives in Alabama with her daughter and son-in-law.... [tags: Family, Stepfamily, Abuse, Health]
1115 words (3.2 pages)
- I was fifteen years old when Mama asked for my help. It seemed only fair that I do since Grandma had saved me from numerous whipping, a leg broken by a dare jump off of our back shed, and running away from home. I told Mama, it was only just. I wasn’t sure why I seemed to be her favorite granddaughter. It’s not like I was pretty or talented like my other cousins. My hands were too small to play any instrument. My attention span was too short to excel at school. I just couldn’t do the girly things that my cousins could.... [tags: personal narrative]
838 words (2.4 pages)
- Graduation Day It was one of the most exciting and nerve racking days of our lives. Although we were finally leaving high school, the feeling of being unsure didn’t go away. The whole day was full of practicing for the big moment when the entire class graduated on to a new beginning. All the girls wore shiny bright red robes and the guys were dressed in a shiny navy blue. Standing there, I had no idea what to expect. Some things I were aware of, my friends were leaving and we wouldn’t be the same friends anymore.... [tags: Personal Narratives]
1132 words (3.2 pages)
- Personal Narative- Tough Girl She went to the land of Hollywood with a diamond wedding necklace hanging loosely from her neck like a noose before it gives its snapping goodbye. She went to the land of dreams with pride coloring her shadow; a haughty swing of her thick plait; and why not. Her name was Serina –she was named after a dream. Why not. I thought, though I cried the night before because she got the chance bestowed to her curvy hips, her white Colgate smile, her crystal blue eyes. And what about me.... [tags: Personal Narrative Writing]
1367 words (3.9 pages)
- Abortion - The Most Painful Decision of My Life I gazed out the thick pane of glass to my left, allowing the fields to go by practically unnoticed. Like I seemed to do so often these days, I reflected back on my life—where I had been and where I was headed. “Ma’am. Would you care for a beverage?” “Huh. Oh, just water please. Thank you,” I responded. I had become so wrapped up in my own mind that I was unaware of my surroundings. The waitress’s question brought me back to reality, and I grabbed a magazine out of the rack on the back of the seat in front of me.... [tags: Personal Narrative]
3056 words (8.7 pages)
- My Brother What I consider to be the single most important event of my life occurred in November. That was the day my very non-typical baby brother came into my life and forever changed my view. My brother Russ is a crucial part of my being and in many ways has helped to shape my life. Russ began life with almost complete deafness and remained in his silent world until the age of three. He has also been diagnosed with an Attention Deficit Disorder, Visual Perception Deficiencies, and motor skill weaknesses.... [tags: Autobiography Essay, Personal Narrative]
787 words (2.2 pages)