Whenever I think of my years in Junior High I always remember the surprise birthday party that my homeroom threw for him the end of our eighth grade year. We went all out; streamers, balloons, cupcakes, a sign, the works. I remember the look on his face when he walked into the room, having no idea what was happening, and then when he realized what we had done he just had the biggest smile on his face while he laughed. I had a cupcake sitting on his desk with an unlit candle in it, thinking that we would sing without the candle being lit since we were in a school, but Mr. Rodrigue had another idea. He went to his cabinets, took out a blow torch and lit the candle. I remember thinking how crazy I...
... middle of paper ...
...ing on the path that took me to where I am today. A path that was filled with troubles and triumph, put downs and perseverance, and most importantly the ideal to never give up. In my twelve years in school I have had a lot thrown at me, from managing diabetes, bullying, stressful nights, my mother dying, and so many smaller battles along the way, but one thing remains- I am still here. I am still fighting towards my goal of becoming a teacher. I think that the reason that I want to become a teacher stems from the teachers that I had in my years in school. All of them have wonderful reviews from me, kind, thoughtful, compassionate, smart, and most importantly, willing to put the needs of their students first in order to better them as people. I would never change my experiences that I had in school, they helped to shape who I am today, and that is one amazing thought.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- This essay will seek to outline my findings on movie and theatre by looking at still image and moving image. I will discuss the relationship between cinema and film, and also compare some works of artists in order to answer the question which how might photography be contextualized as image on the threshold of still and moving – as an object incorporating the temporal and the narrative, the writing of history, or the presentation of documentation as record. A French photographer Franck Bohbot found the Max Linder theatre while he was working on a series of photographs of Parisian stage theaters in 2011, one of the earliest and most sublime theatres in Paris.... [tags: Film, Movie theater, Photography]
1414 words (4 pages)
- My Love of Football...and Musicals. I am first in my class, an all-state football player, weigh 220 pounds, and can lift up small cars, yet I have a secret which I have kept hidden for years. It rages within me, yearning to break free and reveal itself in both shame and splendor. I can contain it no longer. I must shed my inhibitions and proclaim aloud, "So help me God, I love musicals!" Until now, only my family and those who have had the experience of calling my house in the midst of one of my renditions of the confrontation scene between Javert and Valjean from Les Misérables knew about my passion for musical theater.... [tags: Personal Narrative Essays]
503 words (1.4 pages)
- LIFE. This is my passion. My mission. My heartbeat. My calling. My life is dedicated to bind up the brokenhearted, and to stand up for those who have no voice, whether they are disabled, elderly, orphaned, unborn or considered “useless”. My life mission is to stand up for life, and to ensure that all people are cared for and loved, because they are uniquely created by God. My life mission is to play my part well in History: His Story. This is a story about the journey of my life, and how I have grown in my love for LIFE.... [tags: Personal Narrative, Goals, Career]
916 words (2.6 pages)
- New York City, gleams with the lights that inspires you to follow your heart as you walk across the sidewalk. The roads leads to many different opportunities so, choose wisely. My first ever plane ride was 8 years ago when, I was traveling all the way from India to the big apple. Being a 7 year old, I had absolutely no idea where I would end up today. First day of school comes and I am surprised by the new language, English. Everyone could speak it so properly expect me which, made me have less confident than others.... [tags: College, High school, Education, Teacher]
1247 words (3.6 pages)
- There’s always history behind a theater, right. Right. The Elizabethan Theater was part of an age where body of works reign while Elizabeth I was queen (1558-1603). During the Elizabethan era, there was a mass production of inspired drama, poetry and other forms of literature, as well as growth in humanism and significantly the birth of professional theater in England. This period embodies the work of Sir Philip Sidney, Edmund Spenser, Christopher Marlowe, the well-known, William Shakespeare, and various other writers.... [tags: Theater ]
1679 words (4.8 pages)
- Words That Have Shaped Me Often I sit at the computer, or with a pen and paper, and I think about what I should write. I reflect on my experiences with life, or with my feelings and emotions. If the subject that I write about is coming from my heart, I could write forever, opposed to something that I do not have interest in like the mating habits of fireflies. I don’t care about how, when, and much less why they procreate. I would always dread having to write a paper for my English class, and it was not until I discovered my own love for poetry that I began to enjoy writing.... [tags: Personal Narrative Writing Essays]
1392 words (4 pages)
- Personal Narrative- Computer Hackers My perception of hackers was crafted long ago, by my brother, a hacker himself. He was involved with all manner of clandestine activites and tied up our phone line for hours. I, of course, never understood what he was involved with, but remember being excited when he broke into an army base, as the military was my passion at the time. I also never understood the constant calls from strange men our family would receive, nor did my parents. Now, my brother claims it was the FBI investigating him.... [tags: Personal Narrative Profile Essays]
732 words (2.1 pages)
- Personal Narrative – Singing Poorly It was a year like any other, or, at least I suppose it could have been, but, it wasn't. It was actually 1965. This particular year, the Beatles released Help. the movie; for the second time, Jack Nicklaus won the Masters golf title; on Palm Sunday, 51 reported tornadoes touched down in the states of Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Indiana and Iowa resulting in 256 deaths and over 1500 injured; and, a young boy in Smalltown, USA was turned away from his school choir.... [tags: Personal Narrative Writing]
859 words (2.5 pages)
- Personal Narative- Tough Girl She went to the land of Hollywood with a diamond wedding necklace hanging loosely from her neck like a noose before it gives its snapping goodbye. She went to the land of dreams with pride coloring her shadow; a haughty swing of her thick plait; and why not. Her name was Serina –she was named after a dream. Why not. I thought, though I cried the night before because she got the chance bestowed to her curvy hips, her white Colgate smile, her crystal blue eyes. And what about me.... [tags: Personal Narrative Writing]
1367 words (3.9 pages)
- Personal Narrative- My Dream I picture myself center stage in the most enormous and fantastically beautiful theater in the world. Its walls and ceilings are covered in impeccable Victorian paintings of angels in the sky. A single ray of light shines down upon my face, shining through the still, silent darkness, and all attention is on me and me alone. The theater is a packed house; however, my audience is not that of human beings, but rather the angels from the paintings on the walls come alive, sitting intently in the rows of plush seats.... [tags: Personal Narrative Writing]
582 words (1.7 pages)