When I was eleven years old I made a decision that changed my life forever. Ever since I was three years old I did gymnastics and I loved it. My dream was to become really good and win the olympics and become a world medalist. But this dream quickly was changed. After my eleventh birthday, I was starting to realize I didn 't want to do gymnastics anymore. I told my mom and she was heartbroken but let me do what I wanted, so I quit. Once I quit I decided I wanted to try something else, cheerleading. My mom was thrilled and found a allstar gym in sumner called React.. She emailed the coach but I already missed tryouts. The coach said I could come to practice and see if they needed me and if I would like it. I instantly fell in love and wanted to join. The coach liked me and loved that I could tumble. I made the team that night and my life hasn 't been the same since.
Allstar cheerleading is completely different than gymnastics, and sideline cheerleading. Allstar cheer is closer to being like acrobats. “Competitive cheerleading is when cheer squads compete against each other at a competition. At a typical cheerleading competition, teams perform a 2 and a half minute routine with music that includes stunts, jumps, tumbling.” I decided to do allstar a long time ago and I still continue to love it more and more. But doing allstar has changed my life in many ways and make things a lot harder to do. For example, it takes all of your free time. (varsity.com)
Once you join, you 're stuck for at least a year, and typically you do it for a lot more than one year. You have to be fully committed to being apart of the gym and you typically don 't do other sports. Your life revolves around cheerleading. Joining c...
... middle of paper ...
...e been cheering together since we were little. I met my best friend when I was 12 because of cheer and to this day we are still best friends and cheering together. If I wouldn 't have joined cheer I would have never met my best friend or any of the other amazing teammates I have got so close with. Our team is like a family, including our coaches.
Joining cheer was the best decision i 've ever made. It takes away many opportunities and I don 't get to do the same things other athletes get to do or just other teenagers in general. Even though I miss many things I wish I could do and it gets frustrating when my friends do things together and I cant, I wouldn 't trade it for the world. It 's the only thing that can keep my mind off other things and calms me down when i 'm upset. It has changed my life incredibly and i 'm so thankful i 'm able to continue to do it.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Running Head: WRONG DECISION-MAKING AND CONSEQUENCES 1 WRONG DECISION-MAKING AND CONSEQUENCES STUDENT NAME UNIVERSITY OF THE PEOPLE BUS 4405: Written Assignment Unit 6 March 09, 2016 WRONG DECISION-MAKING AND CONSEQUENCES 2 Introduction Every living being, even animals, has to make decision throughout their whole lives for their survivals. Because of being human beings, we are more important to make our decision properly for the sake of ourselves, our families, our villages, our towns, our country, and finally of our world as a whole.... [tags: Decision making, Decision theory]
1013 words (2.9 pages)
- in the year 1954, the United States was changing rapidly. President Eisenhower, a Republican, was in the midst of his first term. Eisenhower had just announced to the world that the United States had in fact developed and successfully tested the first hydrogen bomb some two years prior. Mamie Eisenhower christened the Nautilus, which was the first submarine to run on nuclear power. The great court decision, “Brown vs. the Board of Education,” called for the integration of the country’s public schools.... [tags: The Year 1954]
1750 words (5 pages)
- The 245 Year Old Problem For 245 years the United States had a huge problem. This problem is of course slavery. While slavery may have not seemed like a problem when it first started in the 1620s because of the increase of production and profit it brought on, later on, people began to notice that slavery, while it was helpful, was also not right. Treating people like property began seeming unmoral rather than just a part of day-to-day life. When people, other than just the salves, began to notice how wrong slavery was, they decided a change needed to be made.... [tags: American Civil War, Slavery in the United States]
1590 words (4.5 pages)
- Working in administration positions can be challenging as tough decisions have are made to solve a particular issue. At times as administrators, we tend to go off instinct instead of utilizing protocol and assumptions. Our decisions can alter a workplace in a matter of minutes; which can result in turmoil for the organization served. As administrators ethical analysis and actions aid in the decision-making process; however, it does not stop there. According to text, in addressing ethical issues, besides identifying a problem and making a quick decision, as an administrator what course of action and responsibility will you partake to make sure the right decisions are made.... [tags: Ethics, Business ethics, Decision making]
1013 words (2.9 pages)
- Old Man and Old Woman as Marital Guide "Old Man and Old Woman," a retelling of a Native American myth by Chewing Blackbones, a Blackfoot Indian, should serve as a lesson to all couples in how a good relationship works. In today’s society there is a great need for people to understand how to make their relationships successful. As the divorce rate gets higher every year; small children have begun to think that getting a divorce is something that is normal and to be expected. This story shows how to work through problems with a give-and-take approach where you make compromises, yet still stand up for yourself when you believe your convictions cannot be compromised.... [tags: Old Man Old Woman Essays]
812 words (2.3 pages)
- Sabina, a nineteen-year-old woman from New Delhi, India, awaits her parent’s decision on a prospective groom for her to be married to. Sabina’s family situation was not the best. Her father was an alcoholic, with no job; her mother worked odd jobs just to make ends meet. Keen to get her married soon, her parent would line up potential matches. Since the family was desperately in need for money they would marry their daughter off to the man with the highest bid. The highest bid was finally pronounced, Sabina had no choice but to be married to a man twice her age.... [tags: Violence, Domestic violence]
853 words (2.4 pages)
- Remembering My 20 Year Old Yuan chen Xue Growing up is supposed to be filled with many good times and, sometimes, times that are not so good. I found this statement to be true when I “travelled” between my 20th and 21st years. During this age, I experienced some miserable things, which I never thought they would actually happen to me. In my previous life, for the very first time I experienced the word called “loneliness”. Back to March, 2013, that was a beginning of it all. In that month, I broke up with my first boyfriend.... [tags: Love, Friendship, Debut albums]
796 words (2.3 pages)
- SCENARIO 1: Bonnesante Research is a start up business in Irvine, California focusing on biotech, and is based on 30 employees. As it grows, company's asset acquisition needs to be focused. Bonnesante needs to submit its first drug to Food and Drug Administration within six months. In order to run advanced analytical software for the preparation of the drug, it needs to acquire mainframe computer. Now the decision needs to be taken to either lease or buy the mainframe computer. SOLUTION 1: As a CFO of Bonnesante Research company, by taking my colleagues opinion into consideration, I have decided to lease the mainframe computer for 18 months instead of buying it..... [tags: Compare Contrast Decision]
1324 words (3.8 pages)
- 18 Year Old Adult or Child This is a letter to my parents, and to every eighteen-year old’s parents in the nation. We are the youth of America, and we need to be heard. As i sit down at my computer and begin to write i would like to make one thing very clear to all who read this: I write from the standpoint of , with support from a few experts, but no one else. There are many things involved in upholding a healthy, and loving relationship with your child when you are the parent of an eighteen year-old.... [tags: Papers]
819 words (2.3 pages)
- The Character Santiago in Hemingway’s The Old Man and the Sea Hemingway has a way of making his readers believe that the feats and strengths that his characters obtain in his novels are actually possible. Although this statement may be too critical, and maybe there is a man out there, somewhere on the coast of Cuba who at this very moment is setting out to the open sea to catch a marlin of his own. The struggle many readers have is believing the story of Santiago’s physical powers and his strength against temptation bring forward the question of whether or not The Old Man and the Sea is worthy to be called a classic.... [tags: Old Man Sea]
1899 words (5.4 pages)