When I was ten years old I remember sitting on the kitchen counter watching my remarkable stepfather cook. He would take the extra time to peel the garlic instead of smashing it open. He would slice vegetables so delicately as though he was afraid to hurt them. This man introduced me to the love I have for cooking. He gave me the inspiration to explore and create messes when working in the kitchen. “There 's something amazing about taking a mishmash of seemingly unrelated ingredients -- a bay leaf here, some garlic powder there, a teaspoon of vinegar -- and creating something new and wonderful that you can share with those you love.” (Hill, 2015, para. 3). He showed me how I can create something my own, with healthy common ingredients I was familiar with.
As I grew and practiced enhancing my cooking skills I learned to start making my cooking methods more diverse. I often would create common simple recipes over and over again changing little items here and there. Before you know it you have a whole new, more complex dish just from practicing an old recipe and usin...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- My Hobby of Fishing One of my favorite hobbies is fishing. Some people regard this as a boring or an old man's sport, but I value it much more than that. If you have never experienced it, I think you are really missing something, and so you can't truly give your honest opinion on the sport. Humans have been captivated with the sea, and catching fish since the beginning of their existence, and the sport has, in many ways evolved hugely, and yet in many aspects has stayed exactly the same.... [tags: Papers Personal Narrative Hobbies Essays]
1219 words (3.5 pages)
- ... It was challenge for physical endurance and stress resistance, but I’ve successfully passed it. And I’m proud of it. And I hope one day we’ll do it together, I’ll show you the most exciting scenes and you will love mountains as much as I do. My energy is enough not only for mountains, I admire with dancing too. I like to dance everywhere: in a shower, in a swimming pool, in the street. May be that’s why I’ve taken the lead in building up of dance company. I was born across cultures and I was brought up in keeping with the best traditions of each of them.... [tags: personal narrative]
538 words (1.5 pages)
- Personal Narrative- A Preventable Death He looks at his watch and realizes that he has to leave now before he gets yelled at due to missing the 12:00 curfew. Upon my cousin Sean's arrival home, he begged his mom for an extended curfew, after all he was the star of the 19991 homecoming football game at Royalton high school, he should have been able to stay out later. After losing this fight with rather stubborn mom, and her giving him a stern "Sean I am not going over this again, it is late and I would like you to live until morning, so you need to go downstairs and get some sleep." he hung his head and went downstairs.... [tags: Personal Narrative]
1015 words (2.9 pages)
- Personal Narrative- Christmas Cookies Although I have grown up to be entirely inept at the art of cooking, as to make even the most wretched chef ridicule my sad baking attempts, my childhood would have indicated otherwise; I was always on the countertop next to my mother’s cooking bowl, adding and mixing ingredients that would doubtlessly create a delicious food. When I was younger, cooking came intrinsically with the holiday season, which made that time of year the prime occasion for me to unite with ounces and ounces of satin dark chocolate, various other messy and gooey ingredients, numerous cooking utensils, and the assistance of my mother to cook what would soon be an edible masterpie... [tags: Personal Narrative]
564 words (1.6 pages)
- Personal Narrative- Eventful Thanksgiving The crisp, cool, and cinnamon air filled the morning of Thanksgiving in 1987. Although I was only two years and eleven months old, I remember the scratchy, fuzzy, purple- footed pajamas that I was wearing that morning. After I woke up, I "helped" my mom make her famous orange- cranberry relish, got dressed in my cream sweater dotted with cherries and my navy pleated skirt, topped off with my favorite cream fuzz- warn tights, and before I knew it we were out the door to my grandmother's house.... [tags: Personal Narrative]
503 words (1.4 pages)
- My Favorite Room-Personal Narrative My Recreation room is an excellent place to lounge; it is the den in my home. Where my family can listen to music, or just getaway from the rat race of society. This den offers superior comfort and entertainment. It is a "no work area", which creates a soothing and peaceful environment. This room represents total rest and relaxation for the whole family. My family enjoys the den, because the air is cool with the slight fragrance of lemon pledge. The floors are of very thick soft carpet, for walking or lying.... [tags: Papers]
372 words (1.1 pages)
- My Favorite Job-Personal Narrative Working at Woodcreek Athletic Club is the best job I ever had. The hours and pay were great. I had the best boss anyone could have, and I learned an astounding amount. The hours and pay made working at Woodcreek very enjoyable. My schedule was very flexible and could usually adjust it to fit my needs. If I needed to pick the kids up from school I could come in early so that I could leave early. I could also work out or play racquetball during working hours. They never would say anything to me as long as the club was operating smoothly.... [tags: Papers]
595 words (1.7 pages)
- Personal Narative- Tough Girl She went to the land of Hollywood with a diamond wedding necklace hanging loosely from her neck like a noose before it gives its snapping goodbye. She went to the land of dreams with pride coloring her shadow; a haughty swing of her thick plait; and why not. Her name was Serina –she was named after a dream. Why not. I thought, though I cried the night before because she got the chance bestowed to her curvy hips, her white Colgate smile, her crystal blue eyes. And what about me.... [tags: Personal Narrative Writing]
1367 words (3.9 pages)
- Personal Narrative- Race Wait. Be still. Don't go over the line. Don't let go. Wait for it. "BANG!" My reactions were precise as I sprung out of the blocks. The sun was beating down on my back as my feet clawed at the blistering, red turf. With every step I took, my toes sunk into the squishy, foul smelling surface, as my lungs grasped for air. Everything felt the way it should as I plunged toward my destination. I clutched the baton in my sweaty palms, promising myself not to let go. My long legs moved me as fast as I could go as I hugged the corner of the line like a little girl hugging her favorite teddy bear.... [tags: Personal Narrative Essays]
1229 words (3.5 pages)
- Personal Narrative- Concert As the dark stadium filled with fire, with the sounds of guns and bombs exploding everywhere, the crazed fans yelled at the top of their lungs. The enormous stage was rumbling with the sound of a single guitar as the band slowly started their next encore performance. Soon after I realized that I was actually at the Sanitarium concert listening to Metallica play "One", I thought to my self, "Is this real, am I actually here right now?" I had a weird feeling the entire time because I had worked all summer to simply listen to music with a bunch of strangers.... [tags: Personal Narrative Essays]
1128 words (3.2 pages)