For this role play I chose to create a situation where I had to tell my best friend that I was not going to be rooming with her next year. This is something that I am struggling with because I do not want to hurt her feeling, but rooming with her is really hard for me. I feel like if I tell her that I don’t want to room with her, it might ruin our friendship, but I know if we keep rooming together it will ruin our friendship because we are so different. While I was acting this out with my listener I notice that I would have a hard time finding the words I need to say in response to hard questions she gives me. When my listener asked me if she had done anything in particular that made me not want to room with her it was hard to find the right way to say what I needed to say, without hurting her feelings. I told her that she did not do anything that any other roommate wouldn’t do, it was just that I needed to have my own space. I felt that I stuttered through what I was trying to say, and I also used a lot of hand gestures which was kind of distracting to watch. Using my hands was something that I struggled with from the begin...
... middle of paper ...
...ave to confront my roommate about the issues I am having with our situation I think that I will be much more prepared for the conversation.
Concluding my final role play gave me such relief. I definitely have gotten better at doing them, but they still gave me a little anxiety going into them. Even though they are not real conversations, it is still a stress to have to confront someone about an issue you are having with them. Before doing these role plays I would have never considered confronting someone like I had to do during these acted out conversations. I am still not confronting people like I did during the role plays, but I am much more willing to confront people for smaller things that I feel need to be addressed. Even though I felt stresses doing these role plays, I am glad that I did them so I can have an idea of what I will be dealing with in real life.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- For this final role play I felt very confident in my ability to have a successful conversation. Looking back to my very first experience, I can see where I have grown, and where I still need to improve. I was surprised from the very beginning to see how easy it was to stay in character when I was acting out something I was experiencing in my everyday life. After going through a couple of these I felt I could deal with the actual problem in my life without it going wrong. I do not think that I will be quite as assertive in real life, as I was in my role play, but I still think I gave me a good place to start.... [tags: Need, Want, Friendship, Feeling]
886 words (2.5 pages)
- Losing my Best Friend Life puts everyone through tough situations that can be life changing. These situations can teach us lessons that we never thought we would learn. I had a personal experience of almost losing a person who meant the world to me. The moment when life and death is on the line, you begin to realize what it really means. My freshman year of high school I met a guy named Justin Dicus. He was an amazing football player, all his friends looked up to him. There was nothing not to like about him.... [tags: Thought, Mind, Debut albums, Left-wing politics]
914 words (2.6 pages)
- Goodbye It is amazing how many things we take for granted. We make plans for the day, and don't think twice about how those plans can be taken away in the blink of an eye. I never thought much about it myself, until I was faced with the shock, and undeniable truth of my cousin's death. I don't think anyone really thinks about tragedy until they are actually faced with shocking news. It was a bright and warm summer morning when I woke from a good night sleep. Nothing prepared me for the dark, gloomy and sad day ahead of me.... [tags: essays research papers]
487 words (1.4 pages)
- I remember one of my BFFEL (best friends for eternal life), I think she was the closest to me because we had so much in common. We were both from countries that weren’t the U.S., we had both left our regular lives far away, and we had both been crazy enough to be each other’s best friend. Even though she was from Canada and me from Argentina, and we only had one year together, you could swear that we were friends from a really long time. KayLe was the coolest person to be my friend, not only because she came from a cold place, but because she was always there for me, the whole school year we had together we had fights or I would fight with our friend and she would always be in the middle, b... [tags: essays research papers]
919 words (2.6 pages)
- Personal Narrative- The Girl of My Dreams Fell for My Best Friend Have you ever thought that you knew someone better than you knew yourself. Three years ago I met a girl. She was not just any girl, she had a presence about her, a personality that just could not be described correctly with words. I was really intrigued by her, and in the next couple of months we would become really good friends. Rachel had become a confidant, someone who I could trust for advice and guidance no matter what the situation.... [tags: Personal Narrative]
689 words (2 pages)
- ... He had started to pull my bag; Sarah pounced on him giving him a strong slap on his left cheek. This did not solve the problem at hand, but made him more furious threatening to kill both of us. This was the defining moment that I realized friendship is more than just lending an ear; Sarah gave out her brand new Ipad in order to salvage the escalating situation. No matter the situation, it seemed that she had a predetermined solution to it. Once while confiding to her, she gave me the slogan that in life, you either give up or give in and no matter how hard it will be, try not to give in.... [tags: personal narrative]
1365 words (3.9 pages)
- My Best Friend is Dead I first met Chipper Gleason when I was 5 or 6, when my mother was working with Chipper's mother Sue teaching music lessons in town. The He- Man connection must have been what initially tipped our parents off that we would be good friends. I remember my mom asking me if I wanted to play with this kid who had Castle Greyskull, a large green molded castle that He- Man lived inside of with the other Masters of the Universe. The answer was, of course, "Yes!" and we met one afternoon while both my mom and Sue taught lessons at the Church.... [tags: Friendship Essay Personal Narrative]
5324 words (15.2 pages)
- My Best Friend Died Dr. Munter's comments: The purpose of this assignment was to relate an event that changed the direction of your life. Not only does this student successfully accomplish this task, he does it with a certain amount of understatement. The instruction “to show, not tell” is beautifully and subtly completed. There is also a nice balance of long and short sentences, unusual similes, and the sense that the author allows the reader to view this event through the eyes of an eight-year-old.... [tags: Friendship Essay Personal Narrative]
690 words (2 pages)
- My Best Friend in the Entire World Everyone needs a best friend in her lifetime. She needs somebody that she can trust and go to with her problems. A best friend should be there for you all the time, no matter what the situation may be. In my case, I have known my best friend for my entire life. My best friend happens to be my younger sister, Brittany. She is only thirteen months younger than I am, so we are very close. Having Brittany as my best friend has made me into the person I am today.... [tags: Friendship Essay Personal Narrative]
914 words (2.6 pages)
- My Best Friend It was raining the day Mark Turner died. On a dark, rainy summer night, he foolishly got in the passenger side of a 1998 midnight blue Eclipse. His 19 year old cousin Sam, was the driver, and Sam had a little too much to drink that night. At about three in the morning, they were leaving a party that one of Sam's friends threw. They were rushing home, because they already had missed curfew by two hours. Not aware of his surroundings, Sam carelessly got on the wrong side of the road.... [tags: Friendship Essay Personal Narrative]
929 words (2.7 pages)