I felt a chill run up my spine as I thought about the life of a Zodiac, they sit in their shrines scattered across the provinces hidden in serene solidarity and mystery. What are their purpose? I often wonder. Usually as I'm being whipped, when every whip hits my cold body, my swollen skin cannot hold under the constant barrage of strikes and I feel the warmth of my blood soothe my frigidness. The thought came as if to help me escape my current being even if for a brief moment before another bludgeon.
I tried to wonder what I did wrong but I was always met with the same thought Kindess for the masters, Humility for the Zodiacs and Sympathy for the Punishers.
That was the first thing I learned. mother and father came after I had memorized that creed, so much that I could say it in my sleep if I could get any or speak. Why should I wonder what I did wrong I am but a lowley retainer who will work from my birth till my death. I vowed to love my masters, to love my zodiacs and to love my punishers.
I often find myself wishing today is the day I should die. between the 2-3 hours of sleep I get every night, the hard labor and the hitting I find myself hoping that maybe the retributiona...
... middle of paper ...
..., and then another and the two more until my face was monopolized by my tears. She is free I repeated in my mind even as I was coerced back to work by two rods hitting my arm I continued to cry.
I did not cry only for the girl who I had became fond of for the brief time she were here but also because of the fact that we are living such a miserable existance. my cursing was all for naught because nothing changed or will ever change.
Although I'm sad she departed this world, the girl who became the object of my hope, my light, I found myself thankful that she was set free and do not have to live even an hour more of such a hard life. But I still find myself regretting the fact that I never got to know her name. At least she is free I reassured myself. At least she's free. At least she is free. At least she's free. When am I gonna get my freedom I thought grimly.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Advertising and Personal Values I just discovered that I don't know anything about today's society. This of course came as a shock. I had thought that I was an informed citizen but I now know otherwise. this enlightenment came at great cost in time, and effort. The time was spent in watching television for an hour. The effort was to not lose my sanity for unlike any other hour of TV, this time I was forced to actually watch the commercials. The values that TV presents seem to be different than what I was taught as a child.... [tags: Personal Narrative Essays]
1266 words (3.6 pages)
- I Am a Writer Writing for me has not always come so easily. The first essay I wrote, in French, was about my second grade teacher Mr. Bernard. I was utterly enamored by Mr. Bernard, with his slim black leather tie, pinstriped shirt, styled hair and scent of smoke and cologne. He was my hero; I even took a picture of myself dressed up like him and gave it to him. My first experience with writing was in cursive due to my upbringing in Belgium. When our family moved to the US, I was the only third grader learning how to print and properly cross his T's.... [tags: Free Personal Narrative Writing]
613 words (1.8 pages)
- This Girl The girl slowly creeped across the floor. She had a look on her face of love. She began to tempt me. I could not allow her to take control over me. I could not resist. I had to let the love warm my body. I have let her take over once again. I have lost to her kiss. The kiss that has sweetened my blood. I absorbed her body. I walked down the trail on a journey to find my house. I took this route every day. I know that it will lead me back to the place that I love so much.... [tags: Personal Narrative Essays]
576 words (1.6 pages)
- Changing Roommates Choosing to leave the comforts of your family and home to go away to college is a life-changing decision. The roommate you get matched up with can make or break your experience. The girl I was matched up with changed my life considerably in a way I didn't like, so I moved out. Moving was the best choice I could have made. The first sight of my new dorm room was not at all what I expected. There were boxes and papers everywhere. Out from behind a tower of boxes emerged the girl I knew I would be living with for the next few months.... [tags: Personal Narrative Writing]
630 words (1.8 pages)
- Canoeing: A to Z We were practicing methods of paddling Ruth Elvedt discusses in her book, Canoeing: A to Z. We did the side stroke, which pulls the canoe sideways. We did the back stroke, which makes the canoe reverse course. We also did the classic forward stroke to go forward. We became quite proficient in the art of spinning the canoe around in circles from combining the methods Ms. Elvedt discusses in her book. The numerous people who were floating close by laughed at us and called us idiots because of our unique practice of paddling.... [tags: Personal Narrative Essays]
730 words (2.1 pages)
- Change My whole life, I have been presented to a single element called change. Change occurs in many different forms and is carried out in many different ways. However, just recently, I have come to the realization that change can be the deepest of all subjects. I always assumed that change occured when you moved to a new town or when you lost someone close to you. Those are elements to change, yes, but change doesn't have to occur over a single dramatic event. It can just happen overnight when your brain determines it's time to do something different.... [tags: Personal Narrative Essays]
465 words (1.3 pages)
- Jail Time Those blocks (block, block, block) in just plain gray (gray, gray, gray): the perfect surroundings to leave one's mind blank... or insane. Ow. My head hurts. It has been lying against this wall for at least an hour now. I scratched the back of my head to move around my dark, curly hair. It was beginning to feel plastered against my scalp. It was a bit tangled from not brushing it for a day and my fingers did not run through it with ease; nevertheless, it felt good to keep the blood flowing.... [tags: Personal Narrative Writing]
3728 words (10.7 pages)
- Camping. "Hey, be careful and don't do anything stupid," my dad said to me right before I hopped into Chase Miller's dark blue Chevy S-10 with a camper shell on the back. I looked at Chase and Tyler Becker and said, "Let's go camping." As Chase pushed down the gas pedal, a big cloud of black smoke shot out of the back of the truck and the smell of burning motor oil filled the cab. It was in July, and we wanted to go camping. I asked my dad if we could go up to our family's cabin in Elk Springs, which is near Montrose.... [tags: Personal Narrative Writing]
1430 words (4.1 pages)
- A Bowl of Soup It was a simple bowl of soup. Chicken with rice, from a can. But as I sat down to eat my lunch, a sudden thought flashed through my head: What a miracle this bowl of soup is. A savory, golden broth, bright orange carrot coins, plump grains of rice, bits of chicken. Struck deeply by this realization, I simply sat for a minute watching thin wisps of steam rising from the surface. Just a bowl of soup. I'd never given much thought to the origins of my food. I simply went to the store, threw produce and cans and boxes into my cart, and brought them home.... [tags: Personal Narrative Essay Example]
423 words (1.2 pages)
- Surfing the Crowd In my mind it was my biggest act of courage. It was far from a heroic deed, but I overcame all my anxieties for an adrenaline rush that can still be felt through my memories. Closing my eyes and thinking back to that hot, summer night I can still hear the sweet riffs of punk rock in its purest form. The drummer was on fire. The bassist was pure power. And the front-man had turned everyone in the crowd, including myself, into pure energy. My music had wrapped itself around and around inside of me.... [tags: Personal Narrative Essay Example]
392 words (1.1 pages)