The author has designed the personal learning plan around the diagnosis of his learning needs, statement of specific learning objectives, learning resources and strategies, evidence of accomplishment, how the evidence will be validated, and how the learning will be evaluated. I will concentrate on the five disciplines: Systems Thinking, Personal Mastery, Mental Models, Shared Visions, and Team Learning introduced by Peter M. Senge. This will allow me to expand my leadership abilities at my current job as well as jobs that I may hold in the future. What distinguishes leaders is the clarity and persuasiveness of their ideas, the depth of their commitment, and the extent of their openness to continually learning more. They do not "have the answer," but they seem to instill confidence in those around them that, together, "we can learn whatever we need to learn in order to achieve the results we truly desire" (Senge, 2006). Senge is explaining to us the importance of being open and to expand our knowledge. That is why every leader and employee should create a learning plan, so that they can understand as much about themselves. This allows them not only to believe in themselves, but others to believe in them as well.
Diagnosis of Learning Needs
To diagnose my learning needs I must be honest and realistic about myself. The strengths I have as a leader consists of personal mastery and building a shared vision. Personal mastery is the discipline of continually clarifying and deepening our personal vision, of focusing our energies, of developing patience, and of seeing reality objectively (Senge, 2006). I have always strived to improve myself so that I can excel in every task that I set out to do. There ...
... middle of paper ...
...inking of my father, I am no longer seeing his prejudice side. Instead, I am concentrating on his positives.
How the Evidence will be Validated and Evaluated
I can validate my team learning by having a colleague at my place of employment who can judge my accomplishments. They can conduct these judgments by using different levels of a rating scale from insufficient to outstanding. I will have to validate my mental model internally. By being open and honest with myself I will be able to accomplish this goal.
Covey, Stephen R. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Restoring the Character Ethic. New York: Simon & Schuster, 1989.
Senge, P. M. (2006). The fifth discipline: The art and Practice of the learning organization (1st ed., Rev.). New York, NY: Doubleday.
Goleman, D. (1995). Emotional intelligence. New York: Bantam Books
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- For my personal Learning plan I will be planning my intentions in an Early Childhood centre which has a mixed age group of 0 to 5 year olds. I will include teaching strategies I can use to support children’s learning and an eclectic orientation of discipline which links to my values, belief’s and experience’s I have had over my life time. 1) Teaching Strategies The teaching strategies I will use within the first week and in the future will be building a community, interpersonal relationships, questioning and cooperative learning.... [tags: Psychology, Childhood, Interpersonal relationship]
1022 words (2.9 pages)
- Professional Development Plan In this paper I will be covering and analysing personal and professional development. Four respective patches have been undertaken for this module which addressed. Professional development plans, reflective practice, mentoring and supervision and the critical reflection of learners in the learning process. The first patch is talking about the use of Personal Development Plan enabling learning and development in professional practice. The second patch is discussing and evaluating the effectiveness of reflection, by promoting learning and development in professional practice.... [tags: Psychology, Learning, Management]
3394 words (9.7 pages)
- My definition of leadership is, having the ability to positively influence people and push the to be better and in the end accomplish the goal. The definition it self hasn’t really changed over the semester but I do feel like I learned some better qualities that leaders should strive to obtain. Like I have said before Leadership development is a continuously changing process where there is always something you can improve on. Looking at my development plan it was really about creating a plan to achieve more success in my areas of improvement that my peers and myself identified in my self-assessment.... [tags: Leadership, Learning, Better, Communication]
1124 words (3.2 pages)
- ... Included in my HELP notes section for TM182 and T216 are the possibility of engaging in study outside of my qualification in the form of MCTS and CCNA examinations respectively. These external courses are mostly covered in the modules included in my HELP, but some additional study and resources will be required. By making note of them in my HELP I allow myself adequate time to consider these in conjunction with my current study, making informed choices as to whether I would be able to carry out both simultaneously or if extra time would be required.... [tags: personal development, career change]
1007 words (2.9 pages)
- Personal plan to succeed As we go through life, we meet changes that make our character stand above and lay the foundation for our state. These kind of changes can make improvements to a previously selected path way. Therefore planning ahead could lead us to improve best possible changes in the future, and give us opportunity to think about our strength and weakness to achieve our goal as we progress following our plan. However, I believe success is when you have accomplished a certain goal that you have put your mind to, and to accomplish a certain goal it is important to build knowledge and experience that will give us more power to handle the ups and down of life.... [tags: Management, Learning, Better, Planning]
750 words (2.1 pages)
- Introduction Personal Development Plan (PDP) is a specific plan for your future in short-term of six months or twelve months. It is necessary that you have objectives set up for yourself, and plans and actions to be taken in order to achieve those objectives. Following PDP is a good way to improve yourself, and to acquire skills and knowledge. Therefore, it is advisable to continue doing PDP one after another. Also, PDP includes your CV, so you can update it with new experiences or skills acquired.... [tags: Personal Plan]
1400 words (4 pages)
- This following report is about identifying a learning area to improve and compliment personal continuing professional development. Since computing skills such as animation or programming appeal to me, this dose not in any way mean I dislike functional skills such as English or Maths. The chosen subject of choice is programming. The main reason for choosing programming is because ultimately I would like to be able to extend my knowledge on website development. I will learn the programming language php and incorporate it into web pages.... [tags: learning contracts, professional development, ]
632 words (1.8 pages)
- A critical analysis of the effectiveness of Lesson Plan C. The lesson plan in question appears to be an effective form of planning for teaching computing in the primary classroom. In the first instance, because the planning uses the construct of creating a game, which in the first instance encourages active engagement (Mcgann and Leavy, 2015) and in the second instance presents opportunities for problematizing (Mcgann and Leavy, 2015). Additionally due to the frequent opportunities for collaboration.... [tags: Teacher, Lesson plan, Learning]
725 words (2.1 pages)
- I believe every student is entitled to a safe learning environment where they can reach their full potential academically and behaviorally. Students will reach their full potential in a positive learning environment. The positive learning environment will be established from the beginning of the year providing a lasting impact on the students academic, and behavior performance throughout the entire year. The positive learning environment will be a classroom setting, which allows students to feel welcomed, safe, and important on daily basis allowing learning to occur to its fullest potential.... [tags: potential, academic, expectations, plan]
2344 words (6.7 pages)
- Personal development is the process of maintaining one’s well being in terms of physical, social and psychological aspects. It is the constant process of developing and enhancing personality through learning and socialization processes. Undoubtedly, for personal development, certain skills and knowledge are required to be achieved. Armstrong (2006) rightly says that the personal development plan incorporates a wider set of learning and development activities such as self-managed learning, coaching and mentoring.... [tags: Professional Skills ]
843 words (2.4 pages)