The stock market game is a great way to learn and understand how stocks work. I ended up learning that going all in and shorting stocks was the quickest way to make money. Unfortunately, it is also the best way to experience the slaughter when stocks go other than what you predict. In the beginning, I did not truly understand how to play the stock game. I was afraid and put clumps of money in different stocks. The cost was hundreds and hundreds of dollars that. Slowly as I tested shorting with Sunedison (SUNE) I began making up the money that I lost. Eventually I ended up shorting and covering every stock I bought. I learned to read the graphs and analyze the news to attempt to predict how the market would turn. I also learned that the market ties into world events such as mass shootings, plane crashings/disappearances, food contaminations, or diseases. Toward the end of the game, I came across a VIX stock. Not knowing what it was, I shorted the stock and going all in as I usually do. What I didn’t know, was that VIX is the type of stock where the prices jack way up when the market goes down hill. In the last month of game, the market began plummeting, and I went from 11,500. to 9,000 overnight. From 9,000 in my portfolio, I only prayed that the market would sky rocket. Slowly, the market went lower and lower every day. I had so much hope, but in the end, I was stabbed in the heart by a loss of almost 5,000 dollars in my portfolio, in the span of 2 weeks. VIX stocks drew me into investing in them because they were extremely active. VIX stocks follow the market and turn the complete opposite of where the market is going. I learned that when going long, it is extremely difficult to be pa...
... middle of paper ...
.... In recent years, in the 2000s. There was a recession from 2007-2009. Prices were high and the prices of gas were ridiculous. With the 2016 deal that the United States made with Iraq, the prices of oil have dropped and the price of gas is around 2.55-2.65 in California. Go back a year ago, and prices were meeting close to 4.00. Go back farther to 2008, gas prices were up to five dollars. High Frequency Trading, or HFT, is basically a stock market that is speedy and quick and sometimes unpredictable. HFT causes the stocks to rapidly change. In some cases, this can be helpful to the market and investors, or extremely damaging to those who predicted the opposite of what occurred due to HFT. The stock market can be unpredictable and can turn away from those who do not control it like the rich and wealthy. Often times has a high risk high reward kind of mentality.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Video Game Consoles: A Definition At its core, a video game console is a highly specialized computer. In fact, most systems are based on the same central processing units (CPUs) used in many desktop computers. To keep the cost of the video game system within reasonable limits, most manufacturers use a CPU that has been widely available for long enough to undergo a significant decrease in cost Why would people buy a game console instead of a computer. There are several reasons A video game console is less expensive than a tricked-out computer designed to run video games.... [tags: Video game console, Video game, Pong, Wii]
970 words (2.8 pages)
- Having a well crafted binary options trading strategy is an asset for traders. It will help them to overcome any unexpected events on the financial market. The sector of binary options is very volatile hence it is difficult to have a unique strategy that will fit in all situations. However the trader can follow certain rules that will guide him throughout his trading journey and that may help to maximize his returns. Monitoring the Financial Market Monitoring the financial market is one of the most important strategies each trader should adopt while speaking of trading online.... [tags: Stock market, Finance, Investment, Economics]
828 words (2.4 pages)
- In 2009, I first thought about pursuing MBA and started gathering information about different business schools. Fuqua was visiting India at that time and I got the chance to attend my first ever business school information session. It was there I first heard about “Team Fuqua” and interacted with a couple of Fuquans to learn about their Fuqua experiences. In fact, till date, I have attended four Fuqua’s information sessions and also interacted with a few alumni, Ayush Khanna, a current second year student, and Aruna Yadav, a friend who is currently on exchange at Fuqua.... [tags: business, MBA, skills]
1067 words (3 pages)
- Wii U uses Personal relevance, value, and social need to motivate the consumer to buy their game. For the majority of gamers, Mario was introduced into their life since 1981. Therefore, Mario game is what most gamers are growing up with. Therefore, most gamers are likely to buy Wii U once they know that Wii U consists of Mario games. Because Mario reflected consumer’s childhood experience, which represents self-concept, the consumer is more likely to introduce Mario to their children too. If the parents had a good experience with the game, of cause the parents would want to share that experience with their son and daughter.... [tags: Video game console, Nintendo 64, Wii, Xbox 360]
778 words (2.2 pages)
- Have you ever just stumbled across an interesting game while poking around on the internet. Well it is a very good chance that that game could be the product of a company called “Zynga”. Zynga is a provider of social game services. The Company develops markets and operates social games as live services played on mobile platforms, such as iOS and Android, and social networking sites, such as Facebook. The Company 's games are also accessible on Zynga.com. The Company has developed online social games, such as Farmville, Words with Friends, Zynga Poker, hit it rich, lots and CSR Racing.... [tags: Electronic commerce, Online shopping]
1516 words (4.3 pages)
- Innovation & creativity is the order of the day. Outlets, especially in the retail industry, have to be on their toes, providing the optimum service quality to its customer in order to make & hold their position in the market. As comparison spices up in different domains & verticals of the organized retail game, as many of the foreign players are entering to India & other Indian retail brands consolidating & expanding with a vengeance, one cannot afford to relax & take the customers lightly. Service quality is of the paramount importance when one talks about delivering the services to customers.... [tags: customers, gap, quality]
848 words (2.4 pages)
- The presentation of diversity through media platforms such as games and film has long been an issue within the entertainment industry with a variety of contributing factors, what matters most is the effect of experiencing this massively bland and whitewashed medium in a time when games are so easily accessible on mobile or dedicated consoles. These are serious issues that face a fast growing industry worth 91.5 billion dollars (Fortune, 2015) a number that is growing fast and steady. To be diverse means to show variety and that for certain is one thing that big budget games have been struggling with when portraying characters since the inception of the modern video game.... [tags: Video game industry, Video game, Game programmer]
1297 words (3.7 pages)
- If a classmate ever tried to argue that majoring in Pharmacy is extremely difficult, I would be their nemesis. As a college student, I witness many students pursuing certain professions because they know their college years will be a breeze. I have never been one of those students. Over the past couple of years, I have matured and learned many things because of my involvement in school. Being a pre-pharmacy student has taught me how to strive for excellence in my classes and other day- to-day activities.... [tags: Autobiography, Personal Experience]
854 words (2.4 pages)
- Gamer’s Code Gaming has become an integral part of our culture over the years. It has evolved in such manner that the age-restrictions have been lifted dramatically due to the introduction of different gaming genres ranging from action/adventure to sports and even fantasy world. The gaming history has a rich-detailed history to it, and is usually perceived to be a progressive culture. It all started in 1940, with a computer game called “Nim”, designed by Edward Condon, which had a fairly simple idea of defeating the computer in a last-man standing contest.... [tags: Video game, Video game console, Game, Xbox]
1105 words (3.2 pages)
- Video Games are The Future of Education The popularity of video games has transcended from entertainment crossing into the world of education. Video games have been entertaining students for over thirty years but what we don’t realize is that they could become the next main platform for learning. Video games are slowly being used more for education as well as entertainment. Over the past ten years, videogames have begun to mature as an entertainment form. Most obviously, new advancements in technology have enabled the creation if rich digital worlds with vastly improved sound and graphics.... [tags: Video game, Video game console]
1329 words (3.8 pages)
- Karl Marx And Friedrich Engels
- The Song Of The Wandering Aengus
- Mastering Good Habits And Bad Habits
- My Birth Order, The Youngest, Oldest, And The Oldest Sibling
- The Effects Of Self Socialization On Immigrant Toddlers By Evaluating Their Methods And Choice Of Play
- Setting Is Critical For Both Chad And Undine 's Performances