My strengths, weaknesses, and preferences as a writer have changed and have been recognized in my eighth grade year. My strengths as a writer are my vivid imagination, my descriptive vocabulary, and my ability to compose factual pieces of writing. I would say that my imagination has changed and upgraded this year because I have experienced, read, seen, and learned so much in such little time of my life. Reading The Outsiders, Out of the Dust, and To Kill a Mockingbird in class have really given me a fresh egg of pure, imaginative power to experience and use. They have also exposed me to more words that I have never seen before, and with the help of my vocabulary book, I have learned a broad spectrum of vocabulary from multiple sources. We have done ten chapters in our vocabulary book and in each chapter there are fifteen words. That means that I have added another 150 words to my vocabulary without embodying the countless number I have learned from reading. I have also absorbed many facts from the...
... middle of paper ...
... my strengths and weaknesses as a writer, I have changed my writing process and strategies, and I have recognized what I have learned and what I would like to write about in the future. I may not be an amazing writer nor an expert writer, but I have come so far in learning how to write from not knowing anything about how to write properly to knowing most of what I need to know to write properly. My life has been impacted so much by the experience of learning everything that I know about writing and I know that it will serve me well in the future when it will be extremely important to know how to write. I also know that I will improve my writing and keep using this writing process as long as I live. Like Nelson Mandela once said “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” And with this education, that is exactly what I plan to do.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I can remember the first day of school when I walked into Mrs. Mary Doe´s room and I wondered, “What am I going to learn this year?” Well, the answer to that question is a lot of information that will help me in the future, especially, how to make a great essay. This valuable information will take me into high school and beyond. This information is the roots of my writing that has made me greatly improved as a writer. This year I learned what kind of writing I like, how I write efficiently and fluently, and how I changed as a writer.... [tags: writing strengths and strategies]
814 words (2.3 pages)
- Strengths and Weaknesses Throughout the Mid-SEE I have written reflections on my writing and participated in group activities. I have received comments back from my peers and suggestions to help with revising my paper. With the help of my professor, Professor Church and my classmates, I was able to comprehend their suggestions to me to make my essay better and by revising my classmate’s essays, I was able to point out mistakes that I might have made in my essay, which made myself go back to my essay and check and see if I had mistakes that just flew by my eyes.... [tags: Self-Reflection]
860 words (2.5 pages)
- Case History of Me as a Writer Each and every individual has an adaptable standpoint to where they see themselves placed as to how prepared or how comfortable they are with college level reading and writing. It’s quite difficult to determine exactly the specific expectations, but there is a general perception as to what should be expected. Reflecting on my background and experiences of reading and writing defines my level of preparedness and comfort with course material for college. By self-assessing my readiness for the course, I am able to recognize my strengths and weaknesses as a reader and a writer. Without recognition of the document "Framework for Success in Postsecondary Writing",... [tags: Writing, Essay, Learning, Mind]
884 words (2.5 pages)
- Introduction In a student’s educational career, they will experience various approaches and forms of appraisal, especially those of writing assignments (Source # 6). Assessment tends to be most helpful when it can demonstrate the difference between what the student produced and what was desired (Source # 2). Therefore, it is vital for assessors to understand that simply underlining aspects of a student’s writing assignment is inadequate feedback that is unable to develop a student’s writing abilities (Source # 10).... [tags: Narrative Evaluation]
607 words (1.7 pages)
- As I look back on my English 101 experience, I have come to the conclusion that I have learned many new things that have improved my abilities as a writer. I have learned some new techniques that have improved my ways of approaching an essay. I learned all about the rhetorical appeals and how to apply them in my writing and how to look for them in a essay written by a author. I have also learned how to argue both sides of a argument, and how to look for reliable sources and to properly quote and site the author of the essay.... [tags: critical rationale, personal reflections]
852 words (2.4 pages)
- As I have improved my writing I have gained the confidence I need to be able survive at Guilford College. When I was required to read a text in high school to analyze, I turned to books on tape as a learning strategy to help me both read and understand the text. This process was very helpful for my slow process in general learning. In college I have not yet turned to this resource, and I now realize that this choice has not been in my best interest nor beneficial for my courses this semester. This course has forced me to think in ways that I have not previously about words, language, writing, and how time consuming and draining this course could be.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Writing process, Critical thinking]
868 words (2.5 pages)
- My Experience throughout English 101 As writers, many students write to the expectations of their professors and not to their fullest potential. Throughout English 101 I had been writing only to please my professor or to fill the basic requirement to pass English. I always felt that my writing ability was never enough for my professors throughout the previous years. They always wanted clear and concise essays, which for some reason was unreachable by me. However, starting college and taking English 101 helped me with my weaknesses and changed my technique of writing essays.... [tags: College University Writing]
605 words (1.7 pages)
- Personal Perspective Paper The author Ken Lakuta (date unknown) once wrote, “Opportunities exists in the air for just a few minutes. If you don’t obey your gut feeling right away, you’ve lost your chance” (Brown, quoting Lakuta, date unknown, p.3). I do not want to miss my chance. I intend to seize the moment and finish the courses necessary to obtain my master’s of business administration for many reasons. With the tools the University has made available to me such as “rEsource”, learning team environment, and problem-based learning I will successfully complete this program and achieve my goal.... [tags: essays research papers]
760 words (2.2 pages)
- I gave this paper a lot of thought before I began to write. ?What qualities and traits do I posses that make me desirable as an employee, a teammate, and as a person?. First, you must be able to identify your own personal strengths and weaknesses in order to become a lifelong learner and an essential part of a ?team?. As technology is constantly growing you have to be willing to accept what makes you an asset or a liability in any given situation you may encounter in your life. The qualities and traits that I feel make me a valuable entity to my employers, co-workers, classmates and within my personal relationships are varied.... [tags: Personal Narrative Character Analysis Essays]
761 words (2.2 pages)
- I believe that life is a learning experience and being able to recognize our own strengths and weaknesses can help us become better individuals in anything we choose to do, whether it is positive abilities and skills that can help achieve our goals or negative personal areas that need improvement. Knowing yourself and what you can do, can help you recognize and overcome your weaknesses. One of my greatest strengths at work that I have recognized would have to be my ability to be a well-organized individual.... [tags: Personal Narrative Essays]
791 words (2.3 pages)