A positive role model inspires us in many good ways. Their outstanding success and things they did are widely respected. They are the ideal examples for us to admire; a good role model illustrates positive actions. Our observation makes us want to be better people. We learn from them and hope that someday we might be able to become one of them. These are the positive role models.
Negative role models are not great examples to emulate; yet they can give us practical wisdom in approach. Many people assume that since...
... middle of paper ...
...with our persistent and beliefs, nothing is impossible.
We all need a few role models to light up the right path for us, a good role model illustrate good behavior and skills for people to emulate. Learning more from Vujicic helped me understand better how to appreciate what I have. Decent role models can easily be found around us, they could be your family members, your neighbor, your professor, your boss, and even the homeless person you passed by everyday on your way back home. They do not necessarily have to be a famous person, they could be anyone that you admire, you respect, and you look up upon. I have always believed that good role models could influence us in many good ways; they help shaped us into a better person. Do you have a list of role models that you admire? Do you have a role model who encourage and motivate you when you are miserable or lost?
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Power of Baseball and Role Models in Latin America In many countries around the world, the socioeconomic problem is so bad that they are granted the title of a Third World country. Countries that are not quite as bad, such as most Latin American countries like Cuba, the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico, often have trouble, on a smaller level, of creating jobs and job security for its people to inspire work ethic and incentive to raise the socioeconomic bar that has been set below average.... [tags: Sociology Sports Culture]
1932 words (5.5 pages)
- There are many models and theories that contribute to the adult learning process. When most educators think of the adult learning process andragogy is usually one of the first thoughts. According to Malcolm Knowles, Andragoggy is “the art and science of helping others learn (Merriam, Caffarella, & Baumgartner, 2007).”Andragogy are learning strategies focused on adults. It is often interpreted as the process of engaging adult learners with the structure of the learning experience (Clardy, 2005). Andragogy assumes that adults have different learning characteristics and requirements than children.... [tags: Education]
1287 words (3.7 pages)
- How Can CTE Benefit Disabled Students and What Best That Role. The university-statehouse-industrial complex has grown such that the traditional models of primary and secondary education have survived two or three decades beyond their practical use. With a public school system that segregates and discriminates based on, “college material or not?” (Brolin & Loyd, 1989) and a university system that places only one in five graduates in work in their field of major (cite), our educational system has passed its prime and is still training and educating for 20th century job markets that no longer exist.... [tags: education, VEP, implementation, Western Florida]
2422 words (6.9 pages)
- Jeremiah 29:11 says: For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. This quote says to me that God already knows what is going to happen in our lives. We should strive to remain positive and be our best while on the roller coaster he has built for us. In order to be our best, we must lead through being a good moral example, being dependable, and remaining unique as we shine in the community. Everyone was put on this Earth for a special purpose.... [tags: Personal Goals]
509 words (1.5 pages)
- Looking at television and magazines today, it seems that the majority of news is focused on celebrities and their appearances and lifestyles. Covers of tabloids are wrought with photos of celebrity cellulite or celebrities displaying bad habits to the public. They are often criticized by the media for any bad traits or behavior they may display, as if they will inevitably influence the men, women, and youth who dote on them. But instead, we choose to view celebrity lifestyles as an unobtainable goal.... [tags: Entertainment ]
1194 words (3.4 pages)
- Models working in the fashion industry certainly do not accurately represent the women and men that they model for (Amed, 2013). While this distortion within the fashion industry persist; exemplifications for modeling the way for business within teams and as a leader has to be precise. Leaders who see themselves as mentors over teams learn to voice and demonstrate an organizations vision and goals and then set those plans into action. Within this article there is an example of one of my business leadership and team experiences where my hands-on learned proficiencies are highlighted.... [tags: Personal Experiences, Models]
1218 words (3.5 pages)
- Throughout time, bright designers, world-known magazines and famous models, where few are only African-Americans, had represented fashion. The fashion industry is one of the most demanding industries ever created. On one hand, designers have to be unique, professionals, consistent and most important, famous, to keep up with the industry. On the other hand, models have to be beautiful, with unique personalities, and most important, skinny. Before the Civil Right Movement, white Americans models and designers represented the fashion industry until famous models such as Naomi Campbell, and Iman Abdulmajid entered the industry.... [tags: African American Models, Diversity]
1141 words (3.3 pages)
- Graduation Day It was one of the most exciting and nerve racking days of our lives. Although we were finally leaving high school, the feeling of being unsure didn’t go away. The whole day was full of practicing for the big moment when the entire class graduated on to a new beginning. All the girls wore shiny bright red robes and the guys were dressed in a shiny navy blue. Standing there, I had no idea what to expect. Some things I were aware of, my friends were leaving and we wouldn’t be the same friends anymore.... [tags: Personal Narratives]
1132 words (3.2 pages)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement. Parents are the best teachers. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. Parents are the best teachers because of the amount of influence they have over us, the amount of time we spend with them, and the morals they teach us. I agree with parents are the best teachers. In general, children must learn many things such as the way to treat people, to be polite and be respect, living skill, table manners, basic positive ideas toward things, what should be done or others should not be done, or others else that children do necessarily have in daily life.... [tags: Economics]
416 words (1.2 pages)
- Life Role For every role that is “performed” in one’s life, the antithesis of that role also is performed. As I examine my many roles that I play in life, I realize that the majority of my time spent on this planet has been filled with learning. We all are eternal students, I guess you could say; this would at least be true in an ideal world. And for every individual whom consumes his or herself with being a student, that person also is a teacher. Too often the definition of teaching gets associated with a labeled person- a person with chalk-stained hands and a bright red apple upon a desk.... [tags: Personal Narrative Roles Essays]
1741 words (5 pages)