The first category of a friend is a convenient friend. A convenient friend is someone who you are generally around, and so it is preferred to be friendly and occasionally associate with him or her. An example of convenient friends can be your high school peers. They are convenient friends due to the fact that they were with you everyday for many years, and yet as soon as one graduated, they aren’t likely to interact with you anymore. In my personal experience, I had many friends whom I went to elementary school and then to high school with. I knew some of them for over ten years and yet since we have all graduated and went to separate schools, I have not heard from any of them once. They were convenient friends at the time, but once we parted and there was no longer something tying us together, we may not associ...
... middle of paper ...
...f our friendships are more important” (McGuire- Sneickus & Holt, 6). Bearing a big group of friends in high school seemed great at the time, however now that we have all moved on, who is still there for you? Bacon describes how friends should be beneficial. They are there to ensure you have someone to express your deepest feelings with and to connect with spiritually (1625). An authentic friend is someone who you can trust to do you favours due to the fact that you already do such amazing things for each other that there is no need for things in return. A true friend will do things for the other, just to help them. There are no conditions in being an authentic friend. An authentic friendship is built off of mutual appreciation. Whether your authentic friendship is with your partner, a pet, or a friend from you past, everyone should have someone to be there for them.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Junk Food: Not So Convenient Junk foods and fast food: society 's best friend but also its worst enemy. Everyone enjoys a little snack here and there and that snack is usually some sort of junk food or fast food. The reason behind people eating this food more than healthy food is because it 's cheaper and it 's convenient. The foods are typically ready on demand while healthy foods take preparation. Most likely, the healthy foods would be chosen over the fatty foods if they were cheaper in price and more readily available.... [tags: Nutrition, Junk food, Snack foods, Inflammation]
1358 words (3.9 pages)
- Social media is undeniably convenient. All the search engines at the tip of your fingertips, but is social media really all that good for you. The answer is, no. There are limits to everything; especially social media and some people are starting not to know theirs. Liking a friend’s status update on Facebook is not the same as picking up the phone, or better, going for a coffee, or to dinner to catch up on their lives. However, after writing on their walls and wishing them a “happy birthday” or just to say “hello” to your “friends” on Facebook, you can feel pretty tired and hesitant about real, in-person conversation.... [tags: Facebook, Sociology, Superstition, Media]
854 words (2.4 pages)
- Job enrichment is the process of motivating individuals so that they realize more satisfaction in their work (Kokemuller, 2015). Employees from time to time need and require this so that they do not become complacent in their roles. The following essay will discuss the concepts of job enrichment and how it could be utilized in a previous work role, as well as, how it could produce a higher level of commitment for the employee’s. Jobs are designed to note how tasks will be completed so that the firms, as well as, the employee’s requirements are obtained (Spector, 2013, p.... [tags: Employment, Management, Rotation, Task]
1146 words (3.3 pages)
- For this essay I have decided to center my attention around an ethical problem that is currently happening today, to a personal friend of mine. He often uses certain drugs--marijuana, prescription drugs, and even tobacco--and he uses them avidly. I chose this topic because there is a vast conflict that arises every time myself or another friend tries to talk to him about his problem, so analyzing it through the eyes of the four main traditions may help gain some insight on what we can do to help him try and fix his problem.... [tags: Ethics, Virtue, Human, Soul]
1040 words (3 pages)
- Darkness, Be My Friend Darkness, Be My Friend is the fourth book in John Marsden's series consisting of Tomorrow, When the War Began, In the Dead of the Night and The Third Day, The Frost, in which seven young people are thrown into the middle of a violent war zone. Ellie, Fi, Kevin, Lee, Homer, Robyn and Corrie set out on a camping trip to a remote part of their district. They find their way into a remote basin surrounded by dangerous cliffs and difficult terrain, where they are completely safe and cut off from the rest of the world.... [tags: Darkness, Be My Friend]
648 words (1.9 pages)
- ... When it came within our reach, we noticed a pack of boys in front of a glass window, giggling and pointing at something. The closer we were getting, the louder and more engulfing this giggling was becoming. When we were almost there, I realized that it was not something they were pointing at, but someone. Neither her pretty face, nor her beautiful smile was as evident as her massive body, which made this stupid gang laugh without stopping. As we appeared on their horizon, they abruptly transferred their attention to us.... [tags: hormones, surgery, misery]
1231 words (3.5 pages)
- Personal Narrative the Suicide of a Friend Can you single out just one day from your past that you can honestly say changed your life forever. I know I can. It was a typical January day, with one exception; it was the day the Pope came to St. Louis. My brother and I had tickets to the youth rally, and we were both very excited. It was destined to be an awesome day- or so we thought. The glory and euphoria of the Papal visit quickly faded into a time of incredible pain and sorrow, a time from which I am still emerging.... [tags: Papers]
1012 words (2.9 pages)
- Have you ever had that one special friend that you knew would be there for you through thick and thin. That special friend, who can read your thoughts, finish your sentences, and make you smile when you are feeling blue. A friend is someone who is honest and you can trust. A friend is someone who you hang out with, and someone you rely on. Friendship is being there for someone when they need you. That person for me is my best friend Katrina. She is the kindest, sweetest person I have ever known.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
600 words (1.7 pages)
- Definition of a Friend What is the definition of a friend. Many people have friends that they can count on for anything. Others have fair-weather friends that are there when they need something. There are countless definitions of what a friend could be. Someone who has a close personal relationship of mutual affection and trust with another is the dictionary's definition of a friend. Although there are many definitions of a friend, one knows the true meaning of friendship if they have ever had a friend.... [tags: Personal Essays Friendship Description Paps]
451 words (1.3 pages)
- A Definition of a Friend Friendship is not simply a "relationship", knowing someone, conversing with that person, or dealing with that person in business, school, or in casual acquaintance. True friendship is not just a "relationship", but self-sacrificing love. A friend is also one who supports, sympathizes, and is a person in whom you can confide. There are unique qualities that a person must have to be considered a friend. An acquaintance is not automatically considered a friend. Just because you know someone does not mean there is an instant friendship.This does not mean that an acquaintance cannot change into a valued friendship.... [tags: Definition Friends Friendship Essays]
645 words (1.8 pages)
- Violent Sex, Bright And Pink, By Wendy Doniger And Sudir Kakar Call The Sexually Violent Kama Sutra
- The Tragic Hero Of Macbeth By William Shakespeare
- Juvenile Probation And The Criminal Justice
- What I Call Structured Procrastination
- Gothic Imagery And Themes Of The Vampire, By Bram Stoker
- Drugs And The United States : Why Do Teens Abuse Drugs?