PERSONAL/PROFESSIONAL LIFE BALANCE GOALS:
I will strive to be a great father and husband.
I will work hard to ensure an ethical and hard-working practice.
I will attend every child’s baseball game or dance recital.
I will listen to criticism.
I will volunteer my time to help those who are less fortunate.
I will be generous with my money and love.
I will be a role model for those who need one.
I will get knocked down but get up stronger.
Telling people what needs to be done in an effort to accomplish a common goal. This is followed by acting out what should be done so others may observe and follow that example. Inspiring people to perform to their highest ability. When things aren’t going well, stepping up to take blame for the failure and taking the needed steps to fix this problem.
I believe this definition is appropriate because it mentions how it is not only about collaborating with others to achieve something. Leadership is also about fixing something if the end product isn’t right and taking blame for that mistake.
A system of moral codes that can to be applied to tough situations. Not only a system of moral codes, but the execution of what your system says to do. Decisions are often based on putting others before yourself. The gray area between right and wrong where something may work for one situation but be wrong in a slightly different situation.
Ethics are often d...
... middle of paper ...
...in any government since they were aware of the corruption.
It is important to be ethically in all aspects of our lives. This means hiring people because they deserve the job and using funds as well as supplies properly. This is why it is important for Jenny to risk her own job and career to end the corruption.
Jenny needs to continue up the chain of command by telling the department head about the corruption. If the department head also tells Jenny to be quite, she must publically blow the whistle.
1. Take detailed notes about the meeting with Matt
2. Take detailed notes about the corruption in the office
3. Consult with the department head about the corruption
4. Take detailed notes about the meeting with the department head
5. Consult with a lawyer if told to keep quite again
6. Release the information you have to law enforcement and the media
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Paper on Balance and Success in life Everyone dreams of a successful career and life. The definition of success is very personal. For me, the term “Successful career” revolves around happiness. My definition for successful career and a successful life: For me, a successful career is one that stirs up a certain level of excitement, passion and happiness in me. In my view, successful career should be enjoyable and interesting. To be successful at work I always pose these questions to myself: • Is this place giving me enough space to showcase my talent.... [tags: Personal life, Happiness, Success]
1051 words (3 pages)
- 1.1 Introduction In order to reduce work-life conflict and allow employees to manage their personal as well as professional life in an equally efficient manner, the concept of work life balance is gaining popularity amongst various organizations. There been a paradigm shift in the thought process of taking work life balance as only means of allowing employees to give equal attention towards their family responsibilities from only looking at them from the perspective of their contribution towards enhancing organizational performance and along with this it is also helpful in engaging employee and giving them a sense of pride to work in the particular environment.... [tags: employees, policy, study]
2675 words (7.6 pages)
- maintaining a work/ life balance Work life balance does not mean an equal balance by trying to schedule an equal number of hours for each of your various work and professional Activities as usually it is unrewarding and Unrealistic, Life is and should be more fluid then that meaning you Can’t plan everything out to the last Detail, Your Ideal Individual work life balance will vary over time sometimes on a daily basis. the right balance for you might not be the right balance for you tomorrow, at the core an effective work/life balance definition are two everyday concepts that are related to each of us they are Daily Achievements and Enjoyment, as a leader it is likely that there will be more... [tags: Knowledge, Education, Learning, Learning styles]
847 words (2.4 pages)
- Work-life balance has been shown to result in increased productivity and better health for employees. However, it cannot be offered in every job situation or to every employee. Work-life balance is an important benefit that should be included in all jobs where it is feasible. Gomez-Mejia, Balkin, & Cardyn (2012) describe a case about work-life balance. One individual in this case had the misconception that working his way up the corporate ladder to an executive at a major bank would result in less work, which would allow him to spend more time with his family.... [tags: Working time, Employment, Telecommuting, Workweek]
947 words (2.7 pages)
- Professionalism/Professional & Personal Boundaries Definition of a Professional Professionalism is a crucial part of social work, considering the demanding advancements in the needs of social welfare in today’s society. A professional, to me, is defined as a person exemplifying a practiced behavior that is considered to be, polite, skillful and knowledgeable in either a personal or professional setting. These practiced behaviors of professionalism should be without discrediting or disfavoring oneself, instead the practiced behaviors should show an elevated level of developed competence in a particular area or circumstance.... [tags: Sociology, Social work]
1330 words (3.8 pages)
- Work-Life Balance – How to Achieve It I decided to write on this topic because of watching my parents do this and now having to juggle this myself. I think this is a topic that is on the minds of most professionals and people that are seeking a job career. I also think that once you add community, family, and self into the mix it become a hard feat to accomplish. It is funny how most employers think that the employees have a balanced life where on the other hand most employees do not feel this way.... [tags: Employment, Psychology, Working time, Want]
1244 words (3.6 pages)
- I will start by explaining the methods that make it easier for me to know my characters and skills. The first method is self-knowledge (McBride, 2010). Self-knowledge is “knowledge or understanding of one 's own capabilities, character, feelings, or motivations” (Merriam Webster, 2015). I believe the foundational element in achieving my personal and professional success is being knowledgeable about myself. Self-development starts with self-understanding. When the individuals recognize their own personality, social and emotional intelligence, strengths and abilities, it makes easy to improve their performance, address the gaps in their competencies and build around their strengths (Fallon, Be... [tags: Writing, Writing style, Communication, Leadership]
1693 words (4.8 pages)
- Nursing is a balance of professional qualities like caring, ethics and competencies. Science and technology are weaved in to provide safe practices for now and in the future. In the following paragraphs; I define what a professional is in my opinion along with how I came to find myself in the nursing program, how research is important and the past and the future of nursing. A nursing career was not even on my radar when I was younger. I knew of no one that was in the healthcare field and had no experiences related, besides being on the receiving end as a patient.... [tags: Nursing, Patient, Health care]
1740 words (5 pages)
- “Management is the process of working with people and resources to accomplish organizational goals.” (Bateman & Snell, 2013, 14) . This statement is suggestive of making the most with what you have in order to get things done. This idea applies to both my personal life as well as my career. The four traditional functions of management apply to the management of my personal life as well as in the workplace. However, I feel that they are close to what I value as important, which are discipline, emotional intelligence, and caring goes a long way.... [tags: Management, Psychology, Life, Mind]
815 words (2.3 pages)
- APSC 5984 class serves a unique role in encouraging us to become more engaged and empowered in our own learning. This course was designed to prepare us to become an independent, critical consumer and producer of knowledge and research. It assist us in exploring career opportunities inside and outside of academic life, with the practical skills that will help to successfully complete graduate degree and develop professional expertise wherever we eventually go. It also provide a great opportunity to connect with other graduate students from many different backgrounds, the social networking will be important for us as scholars, scientists or industry professional in the future.... [tags: Animal rights, Animal welfare, Bachelor's degree]
1050 words (3 pages)
- Cyberbullying : How It Is Harming Children And Adolescents
- Analysis Of The Book ' Sons And Lovers '
- Grade Inflation Is An Important Aspect Of The Education System
- Medical Field : The Mental Health Field
- The Organizational Environment Of Police Departments
- Differences Between Language And Language Development