In this plan, I had chosen running as my regular exercise. I will list out my personality traits based on The Big Five personality test. The Table 1 below shows the result of the test taken by myself.
Results of Big Five Personality Test
Note: Lowest level = 0, Highest level = 100
I will explain each trait below and how it is associated to my decision to choose running as my regular exercise.
Openness test. Yap & Lee (2013) stated that the level of openness depends on a person’s interest in learning new things. A high level score in openness indicates that a person is comfortable in exploring new options, whereas a low level of openness shows a person prefers routines he is familiar with (Yap & Lee, 2013). Outdoor adventurous sports such as mountain climbing attract people with high level of openness. My low score of 20 in this category shows that my personality is conventional and down-t...
... middle of paper ...
... S. (2014). Healthy Habits: The connection between Diet, Exercise, and Locus of Control. Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, 98, 1-28. doi:10.1016/j.jebo.2013.10.011
Szabo, A. (2013). Acute Psychological Benefits of Exercise: Reconsideration of the placebo effect. Journal of Mental Health, 22(5), 449-455. doi:10.3109/09638237.2012.734657
Szabo, A., & Ábrahám, J. (2013). The Psychological Benefits of Recreational Running: A field study. Health & Medicine, 18(3), 251-261. doi:10.1080/13548506.2012.701755
Tok, S. (2011). The Big Five Personality Traits and Risky Sport participation. Social Behavior & Personality: An International Journal, 39(8), 1105-1111. doi:10.2224/sbp.2011.39.8.1105
Yap, S., & Lee, C. K. C. (2013). Does Personality matter in Exercise Participation? Journal of Consumer Behaviour, J. Consumer Behav., 12(5), 401-411. doi:10.1002/cb.1442
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- “Early to bed, early to rise, work like hell and advertise” - Gert Boyle, Chairperson of Columbia Sportswear Columbia Sportswear Company (Columbia) is a leader in the competitive active outdoor apparel industry. A company propelled by their differentiation strategy, leveraging innovation, brand equity, and strong marketing in the design, manufacture, and distribution of outdoor apparel. Columbia’s product lines include everything from outerwear and footwear to camping equipment and skiwear. It has grown from a small hat company in the 1930’s into a company with a global strategy and a physical and online presence spanning Asia, Latin America, Africa, and Europe.... [tags: Corporate Profile]
2703 words (7.7 pages)
- According to the personality profile test, I discovered that my results label my personality as a blue color. My best friend, Turner, after taking the test, also resulted with a blue personality color. We met during our junior year of high and our friendship spans over 4 years. We live on the same street and we share the same interests and hobbies. Our similar personalities play a key role in our friendship and how we communicate to each other. As the type of people with blue-type personalities, Turner and I share a common motivation to make our friends and family happy.... [tags: Personality psychology, Personality type]
936 words (2.7 pages)
- Dallal Thibian Dr. Stein EDU 1301 16, Oct, 2016 My Learning and Personality Profile Throughout our lives we start to perceive ourselves, or become aware of something. One of the many things that we start to notice is the many different ways we understand things. There are many different ways of learning, and one must find what preference fit their personality best. To be able to pin point the best learning methods could dramatically change ones own understanding of the subject one is learning about.... [tags: Personality psychology, Learning, Psychology]
1055 words (3 pages)
- My personality profile falls under the ENTP, which is sometime referred to as "the debater" (16personalities, n.d.). This personality type provides for a firm foundation in leadership for a few reasons: I 'm analytical, I don 't get too bogged down if plans change, I am able to interface with individuals from different backgrounds and different cultures, and above all I try to see things from other 's point of view, in addition to, viewing the opposing viewpoints that may be important to discuss.... [tags: Personality psychology, Person, Sigmund Freud]
1007 words (2.9 pages)
- Human beings have been running since the beginning of mankind. Then, humans ran for survival. Men and women were forced to run in order to catch their food and to move from place-to-place.. But running has since then evolved into something more than survival. Whether it’s to stay physically fit or for the enjoyment, humans have made running into a common activity. Personally, running is a hobby of mine. I run on a daily basis for both the exercise and the euphoria. However, running has become not only a form of exercise for a multitude of people, but it’s also a popular worldwide sport.... [tags: physical activitiy, survival]
1037 words (3 pages)
- One of the great features of each individual is the distinct personality that one has from another. Personality is a key feature because it is a characteristic that shapes how an individual may think or behave, and is not something that changes over time but stays consistent. In society, personality tests are used for many assessments such as matchmaking date, profile updates, job applications, etc. The IPIP-NEO is a personality inventory of the five factor model that appraise the measurement of openness, conscientiousness, extraversion, agreeableness, and neuroticism, also known as OCEAN.... [tags: Big Five personality traits]
936 words (2.7 pages)
- Of the many ways of classifying and conceptualizing individual differences, some are obvious and quite visible, such as gender, race, language, national origin, social background or class. Other ways rest on less visible but nonetheless influential distinctions such as culture or personality. In this journal I will be concerned with the differences based on the different types of personality profiles according to the Myer Briggs Inventory. I would try to link this differences firstly to my experience working in a team with different personality styles, and secondly to the development of certain leadership skills.... [tags: Personal Reflection]
2077 words (5.9 pages)
- Profile of the Self “You are requested to close the eyes.” This urging that Sigmund Freud experienced in a dream helped to unlock repressed feelings, and gave him insight into his personality. Fortunately, there are now tests available to help us to understand ourselves. Our behavior can be determined and understood by analyzing different aspects of ourselves. The four main aspects are: Decision Making, Self-Concept, Interpersonal Relationships, and Affect. Decision Making is very important.... [tags: Decision Making Personality Essays]
629 words (1.8 pages)
- Running is very good for humans in many different ways. It is a great way to get exercise, and a great way to meet new people. There are many positives, and some negatives, it is easy, enjoyable and makes humans more social, you can do it at anytime, and it relieves stress rather than give stress. Although there are some negatives with running, there are also many positives. Many people run because of the health reasons. It is good for the heart and lungs and people run in the fresh air. Running outside rather than inside is good for you too because of the fresh air.... [tags: exercise, running, ]
584 words (1.7 pages)
- In this study, I investigate the affects that running has on reducing the risk of some health problems. I am doing this because I run about 40 to 60 miles per week, and my family has a history of health problems. For instance, my grandfather suffered a heart attack, and he also had cancer when he was about the age of 50. Furthermore, my grandfather, on my dad’s side of the family, has also had triple bi-pass heart surgery from a heart attack he has had recently. Here, I present information from some sources that talk about the affects that running has on reducing health risks.... [tags: essays research papers]
513 words (1.5 pages)