- I currently manage the closure of the Australian Technical Colleges program after managing the $14.7b Building the Education Revolution (BER) IT and Communications Section. Prior to BER I managed the closure of the $1.2b Investing In Our Schools Programme (IOSP) and the $10.0m Flagpole Funding Initiative (FFI). IOSP and FFI were preceded by my tenure in managing the development and implementation of four new Government policy initiatives and three “legacy” programs and a period in the Workplace Relations Reform Taskforce working on the Transition Bill and reporting directly to the DEEWR Executive.
As an acting director in GEERS, I kept my Section running seamlessly during a time of uncertainty and upheaval due to unexpected transfer of both Branch Manager and the Director. Through leading by example, feedback, effective planning, consultation and lots of “elbow-grease”. I maintained the team morale despite tight deadlines and massive workload of development of new Operational Arrangements, a New Policy Proposal and finalising of a lapsing program review and evaluation. I received thanks from management but most importantly from my staff for my leadership with statement: “It is so nice to work for someone who sincerely appreciated us and our efforts”. Since leaving, my ex-staff proactively seek my guidance.
The successful development and implementation of the GEERS and TRA Process and Training...
... middle of paper ...
...ssures, I not only met the deadline, but negotiated a successful outcome with the portfolio agency, DEWR. My actions resulted in significant saving to the Government and the robustness of the figures stood to Senate Estimates scrutiny.
I take every opportunity to develop myself and to learn from champions and meet with my SES mentors regularly. I am a quick learner and make every effort to ensure I maintain awareness of the broader picture and have the political nous and up-to-date skills to perform to my highest potential. My personal drive is evident in my recent challenging positions and having recently completed the Executive Dimensions course for EL2s, the Advanced Diplomas in Strategic Management and Human Resources to update my BA and the DEEWR Executive Leadership Program. I also finalised the Diploma of Government in Contract Management few months ago.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- It has been four years since I first set my foot in this corporate world with Tata Consultancy Services - amongst the top 10 technology firms in the world. I started as a Test Analyst for a program called Galaxy. This program was a colossal leap by a UK based bank -Lloyds Bank into the digital world whereby targeting to cater all customer functions online. On the retrospection my professional career, all my major accomplishments have been related with this bank My first accomplishment was a magnanimous success of an initiative that I handled as a Teat Analyst for the bank.... [tags: Firm, Technology, Bank]
581 words (1.7 pages)
- I have a broad range of accomplishments. Most of my accomplishments have been in several subjects such as mathematics, science, and even tennis. I credit my achievements to my own perseverance and growth, my mother’s support, and my teachers throughout school. My mother on the other hand, I volunteered at her workplace and I assist in managing a small business in operation, maintenance, administrations, and customer services with give me some basic knowledge of how the money work. My enthusiasm and the strongly committed teachers I have encountered in my life have attributed to my success in math and science.... [tags: success, teachers, math]
612 words (1.7 pages)
- I have been fortunate to have lived in different countries; my multi-cultural background has given me insight into different perspectives and opportunities to learn several languages. I have grown up in Malta and spent many long summer breaks with my family based in the UK and visiting US. Finally, my holidays in Libya have exposed me to yet another cultural milieu which has enriched me as a person. These experiences have not only given me a wider appreciation of different cultures and political systems, but has spurred me on to explore higher education in the UK to study business and management.... [tags: multi-cultural, business, volunteer]
544 words (1.6 pages)
- Tracks A, B and C Please describe as specifically as possible your intellectual and professional interests, accomplishments, and goals. Your essay should address each of the following questions in order (please number your answers) and should not exceed five (5) pages, double-spaced, 12pt. font. 1. What life experiences contributed to your decision to pursue graduate social work education at this time. Discuss your career goals. When I started to go to my internship at Mosholu Gardens (internship placement ) for Lehman College I learned that I have a natural gift when it comes to using active listening skills which has helped me work with clients in exploring their issues and helping them... [tags: Social work, Sociology, Homelessness]
1586 words (4.5 pages)
- ... The physics lab experience in the university fascinates me,specifically optics lab, How the vision systems works; how LASERS works; how light rays carry information and finally, the Telescopes.I enjoy studying physics, especially Optics, because unknowingly, I do feel very comfortable when I deal with light related concepts.My life changed again just a few weeks before completion of my bachelor program when my college principal,Dr.P.Kesavarao,told me that he had applied to entrance exams for two graduate optics programs.(at National Instutute of Technology Warangal and Central University of Hyderabad) on behalf of me.... [tags: education, accomplishments, mentors]
925 words (2.6 pages)
- ... It was challenge for physical endurance and stress resistance, but I’ve successfully passed it. And I’m proud of it. And I hope one day we’ll do it together, I’ll show you the most exciting scenes and you will love mountains as much as I do. My energy is enough not only for mountains, I admire with dancing too. I like to dance everywhere: in a shower, in a swimming pool, in the street. May be that’s why I’ve taken the lead in building up of dance company. I was born across cultures and I was brought up in keeping with the best traditions of each of them.... [tags: personal narrative]
538 words (1.5 pages)
- During my life I had some accomplishments. But, I will tell you the truth I cannot call them as my great accomplishments. At this point of my life I had the two greatest events. My first event was my high school graduation. The second event, which was the biggest and the most unforgettable was my wedding day. First event that I accomplished was when I got my high school diploma. Even though finishing high school was not an easy task for me, those days were the best moments of my life. I always knew that if I would finish high school and then hold the diploma in my hands I would always make my parents and of course feel very proud.... [tags: Personal Narrative, Informative]
323 words (0.9 pages)
- The Accomplishments of Cardinal Richelieu Up until the mid 17th century, it was evident that France was by no means a major player in the field of European affairs. Spain was still the most powerful state as it held a dominant monopoly over European commerce and economics. However, by 1648, this power would shift, and France would come into it's own in terms of political and economic influence. The transfer of power was aided by a weakening of the Spanish Empire, along with the establishment of an increasingly strong French state.... [tags: European Europe History]
2201 words (6.3 pages)
- The idea of a hero can be perceived in several different ways, mainly people are defined as heroes due to personal life experiences or accomplishments. Though most perceive heroism as that, I however feel that the true heroes are just everyday people trying to do whats right. I believe a hero is someone who is determined to do whats right no matter the cost, a hero is someone who is selfless in bad situations and a role model. A hero does not always have to fall under these categories but it can be anyone that makes a significant impact on someones life, and can be looked up to as a role model.... [tags: caring, role model, accomplishments]
900 words (2.6 pages)
- The Early Accomplishments of John Marshall John Marshall began as a soldier who became part of George Washington?s command group. After John was discharged, he pursued his legal career with a formal education, which was quite casual at the time. He established a practice in Richmond and became very successful. Marshall was very casual yet received a reputation for being outstanding regardless of his messy look. In the late 1780?s, John was a successful member of the Richmond bar. He was known for his ability to handle cases on appeal and he was a lawyer?s lawyer.... [tags: Papers]
1881 words (5.4 pages)