For the past 14 years I have worked as an educator with Tulsa Public Schools. A number of my students have problems that require counseling beyond my experience level. I have the desire to be able to help them and their families find a solution to these issues. In order to do this now is the time for me to commit to and apply myself to gaining the knowledge and experience needed to assist each family.
Personally, I have seen firsthand how good counsel given in a loving way can change a person for the better. I have worked with the counselors at school and really enjoy seeing the results they help the students achieve. I would like to have the knowledge and experience they have to empower people to overcome life 's obstacles.
I believe the program of instruction and the faculty at Walden University offer me the opportunity to learn how to help people overcome mental issues. The MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling at Walden University will empower me to reach out and help not only my students and their families, but the people of my commun...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Goal Statement: MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling Personal, Academic and Professional Goals/Personal Qualities I am applying to the Clinical Mental Health Counseling degree program and with that degree I hope to become an addiction counselor as well as have knowledge of trauma and crisis counseling. The greatest influence for me to further my education in mental health counseling is due to my past work experience while working directly with clients who suffered from mental health issues and addiction.... [tags: Bachelor's degree, Master's degree]
1095 words (3.1 pages)
- Personal/ Professional Goals As a child growing up in an impoverished neighborhood and in a low income family; I always had dreams and goals of helping other families that endured the same struggles I encountered as a child. My desire grew stronger as I watched my grandmother effortlessly helping the lives of battered women and children. She was very passionate about everything she did to help someone even if she had to use her last dime. Her devotion and aspiration to help people in need is why I chose to pursue a career in social work.... [tags: Social work, Sociology, Social sciences]
782 words (2.2 pages)
- Why academic integrity is important and I have learnt from this experience. For me, portraying my character is by showing my values and personal morals in real life. Whereas, representing my true academic work for getting my degree is real integrity at university in academics. The Universities main moto and fundamental value is to maintain the academic integrity. It’s not just for one reason why we need to give importance to academic integrity, there are many. “I know I have failed in maintaining the academic integrity.” There might be many reasons, but mistake is mistake.... [tags: University, Academia, Thing, Academic dishonesty]
1297 words (3.7 pages)
- Page 1 During the course of six weeks, I learned how to set realistic goals and understand what a goal is. Before entering my EDCP class, I assumed goals were very minute things such as going to lacrosse practice or making the team in high school. I never thought to plan for school assignments let alone my future. Goals are characterized by 5 aspects Specific, measurable, actionable, realistic, and timeframe (SMART). Goals are what set students apart we all want something different whether it be academic, financial, personal, professional, and health and wellness goals are dear to my heart.... [tags: Goal, Management, Goal setting]
1449 words (4.1 pages)
- People should have short-term and long-term goals to get success. In this semester, I set my academic, financial, professional, and personal goals. When I make my goals, I miss some criteria of smart goals. After, I get some feedback from my professor, I was able to set reasonable goals for myself. As I have smart goals, I am sure that I will definitely achieve it unless there is some emergency happen. For example, if I study hard and do my assignment on time, at the end of this semester, I will be able get “A” in introduction to professional nursing, which is my academic goal.... [tags: Goal, Management, Time management, Psychology]
1760 words (5 pages)
- As the semester comes to conclusion, I now have clear picture on the direction I want to head after completing my master’s in public health. However, the picture isn’t entirely clear. It seems that the short-term goals are unclouded unlike the long-term goals. Let me elaborate – I know what I am going to accomplish in 5-years, 10-years, and maybe 15-years. However, it’s still unclear how broad I would like to use my public health degrees. After completing the Foundation in Public Health course I was able to gain a deeper understanding for the field of public health, I determined the concentration for the master’s program, and was able to network.... [tags: Health economics, Health care, Public health]
771 words (2.2 pages)
- The results for the students’ personal health goals showed that students answers included being healthy in order to complete other goals. If the students are not healthy, they will not be able to complete their educational and future goals. Overall, the study showed what students educational goals are and why they want to achieve those goals. The goals that the students have make them be motivated to be good in school in order to complete their academic and future goals. A limitation that the study had was that the participants were a small group.... [tags: Motivation, Educational psychology]
1742 words (5 pages)
- The Florida Comprehensive Achievement Test (FCAT) is the statewide test that measures the academic achievement of public school students towards meeting the Sunshine State Standards benchmarks. The quarterly Reading and Mathematics Benchmark Assessment exams gauge student achievement on individual strands based on these Sunshine State Standards, which school districts require schools to administer to students within the appropriate content area. Teachers and administrators pour over the information at the conclusion of the exam and the data mining gets underway.... [tags: Professional Goals]
873 words (2.5 pages)
- I am a teacher in the Detroit Public School system. Being a teacher did not start out being the profession of choice. However, I do enjoy teaching. Pedagogy is in fact an art and a science. Being a pedagogue is most rewarding. Thus, pedagogy has its own unique complications. Technology has revolutionized the art of teaching. This revolution has presented a strange dichotomy in the field of education. Whatever teaching may have evolved into; it is and will remain a dichotomous field. The dichotomous or two sided existence in teaching is due to human factor.... [tags: essays research papers]
896 words (2.6 pages)
- Personal Statement: My transition from high school to college was not flawless; the first two semesters were academically frustrating. In high school, I was successful with minimal foresight. I quickly found that this was not the case in college. While my first semester grades were not terrible, I knew it was not my personal best. Despite increased efforts, I completed the second semester with a GPA lower than my first. Although my course load was heavy, the classes challenging, and my schedule full of outside rehearsals, I wanted to improve.... [tags: Personal Experience]
732 words (2.1 pages)