The person that made me who I am today was my dad because he has been there for me since day one. My dad, always told me to do well in school, but the part that hurt me was when he got a bypass heart surgery when I was about 10 or 11 years old. I had to take care of my little siblings, and we would have to stay at one of my brothers’ godparents for a day or two, or probably more. When it was finally the time to take my dad into a room so we could visit him, they wouldn’t let us which made me mad because I wanted to visit my dad to see how he was doing and find out how he had come out of surgery. But after my dad came out of the surgery room and my mom went in to visit him, in that time, my mom told me that my dad died for a few minutes, but that my dad had told her that he saw my grandfather. I was surprised and also, amazed because I didn’t know if I should believe it or not.
My uncle was with me the entire time when my dad went into surgery. He was my shoulder to cry on, but they didn 't let us visit my dad in his room because we were not old enough to go inside. There were things that could happen like if we would touch things like how little kids play around with stuff. That 's why they didn 't let us go inside my dad 's room and more basically because he had tubes in his mouth for breathing and he wasn’t able to talk so each time he wanted to talk to one of my family members who went in to visit him, he would need to write it on a piece of paper because he was unable to talk with us. But when my mom told me he had tubes in his mouth, I was confused because well, I was small so I was pretty curious why he had tubes so I asked my mom, “Why does he have tubes in his mouth?”
So, my Mom told me, “He needs tubes in his mouth s...
... middle of paper ...
Yea I know it was bad of him for abusing a women but he had to do whatever was possible for he could save his baby girl he loved which was me so I wouldn 't be with a bad person like his girl cousin. My one and only Dad/ Hero that has made me who I am today but I also changed his life also too but if it wasn’t for him I wouldn 't be here right now attending this amazing school of Sunnyside High School the home of the Grizzlies. So now what I am planning to do from what that event and person made me realize is to be able to achieve my goal I have made for my future. My dad and the event that made me realize that I had to step up my game and change my life well some stuff in my life and also my dad’s life to make me who I really am but the thing that I only have to change is not to be shy around people and to make more conversations and bring the inner me out.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The person that made me who I am today was my dad because he has been there for me since day one. My dad, always told me to do well in school, but the part that hurt me was when he got a bypass heart surgery when I was about 10 or 11 years old. I had to take care of my little siblings, and we would have to stay at one of my brothers’ godparents for a day or two, or probably more. When it was finally the time to take my dad into a room so we could visit him, they wouldn’t let us which made me mad because I wanted to visit my dad to see how he was doing and find out how he had come out of surgery.... [tags: Family, English-language films, The Tubes]
1781 words (5.1 pages)
- “Directions to Rogers State University,” I yell countless times to Siri. Each time, she responses with “I didn’t quite catch that” or that she is searching for the definitions of “reverse aging Berkeley” or “Regis Vamos publicity.” Eventually, the mischievous ghost of Steve Jobs decides he has had fun with me, and allows Siri to give me directions. Siri, now setting up shop in my Maps app, gives me three routes to choose from. The three options consist of one that get you there quickest, one that doesn’t have tolls, and one that was tailored for sightseeing tortoises.... [tags: Family, Grandparent, Firefighter, Star Wars]
1477 words (4.2 pages)
- What influences have made me the person I am. It was a Tuesday afternoon and I was just getting to my psychology class and as usual I was chit chatting with my neighbors in class, Cpl Christie and Fausnight about the things that each of us did this weekend. Just when I had finished talking to Kara (Fausnight) about her weekend our psychology teacher Dr. Douglas walks in. As she is walking in I in my peppy self- personality ask how her weekend went. Dr. Douglas then proceeded to tell me that it was “none of my business”…….maybe she was having a bad day or was really stressed out or maybe in fact it was “none of my business”.... [tags: essays research papers]
1439 words (4.1 pages)
- As we take part on the journey known as life, we find ourselves incessantly interacting with people of similar or different beliefs that correspond or challenge our own. Whether it is an important job presentation or an informal party, we are surrounded with people of different religious faith, ethnicity, and social status. This constant interaction with other people will often present opportunities that allow us to grow personally with someone who may be a polar opposite of us. Although two people may walk their own unique paths, a person with an open mind can discover a whole different view of this aesthetic world and, perhaps, as a reward, develop a lifelong friendship with that person.... [tags: Human, Religion, Person, Health]
719 words (2.1 pages)
- Murder Victims In our communities there are often times when families not only have to undergo the pain that comes with the passing of a family member, but not being able to identify their loved one as well is another struggle they have to overcome at times. Over the years there have been several of occasions where crime scene investigators have been tasked with identifying a deceased individual, while some people wonder what the point of it is and others arguing that it is important for a family.... [tags: Person, Individual, Fingerprint, Victim]
1033 words (3 pages)
- A majority of the mental and physical tools we use and apply today are founded in the work of the ancient Greeks. The mathematicians, engineers and scientists Pythagoras, Euclid, Archimedes, and Thales developed the knowledge, theories and ideas in which we live our lives today. Pythagoras plays a major part in modern day mathematics. Discovering a way to make “order out of chaos”, he was “often referred to as the first pure mathematician.” Born on “the island of Samos … in 569 BCE,” Pythagoras was “well educated.” Individuals known as Pythagoreans admired Pythagoras’ knowledge, and “taught other people what he had taught them” including everything Pythagoras believed to be true, and everyt... [tags: mathematics, science, astrology]
1020 words (2.9 pages)
- Communication plays a big role in the person that I am today. I changed myself to be a better communicator by looking people in the eyes when I speak to them and talking more, which led me to be a more outgoing person. I made myself overcome my shyness by looking people in the eyes and talking more to them. I also made myself a more outgoing person by the way that I communicated with others. The first thing that I did to become a more outgoing person was to look people in the eyes when I spoke to them.... [tags: Communication, Nonverbal communication]
1145 words (3.3 pages)
- Mistakes Made, Lessons Learned One of the best things in life is being able to learn so much from a person who is so close to you. I am fortunate enough to have a father who can answer just about any question I have about money. Due to his business degree, he knows exactly what to do when a stressful money situation comes up and I am so grateful that I can always count on his advice to solve any difficulties I am facing. My dad has had many big financial problems thrown at him and somehow he finds a way to get through them all and still makes sure to put money into his savings account.... [tags: Personal life, Happiness, Psychology]
1769 words (5.1 pages)
- Growing up and attending Sauers has completely shaped me into the person I am today. Sauers allowed me to experience many experiences that most people never will experience or even think about experiencing. Attending school in such a closely knit environment, partaking in sports, and most importantly learning the word of God helped me learn my true values and appreciate the people I have in my life. All of these things went hand-in-hand in helping build my knowledge and attitude to be the very best.... [tags: Play, Learning, Basketball, High school]
771 words (2.2 pages)
- Throughout life we tend to run into numerous challenges along with changes, my challenges were keeping a decent grade as well as being active with a sport I loved. Also overcoming the fear of a certain hurdle and worrying about not make it to the finals. Although I’ve faced and overcome that particular fear, as the years passed, currently still face some challenges. I did not become the person I am today overnight, there were some challenges I’ve faced and changes I’ve made to become who I am today.... [tags: Anxiety, Worry, Thought, Mind]
713 words (2 pages)
- Customer Complaints And The Company
- Translation And Reading By Rainer Schulte
- Changing The System, Not The People
- The Implementation Of Inclusive Practices Within Schools
- Social Exclusion Should Be A State Or Procedure Of Isolation Between Socially Marginalized People And Society?
- Teaching Context And Learner Profile