While each component is independently important, which is the most important subject to YOU when it comes to Soldier readiness? The three key components of the performance triad are nutrition, physical activity and finally sleep. I feel that they are all three important in their own way. Sleep as defined by Webster dictionary is “the natural state of rest during which your eyes are closed and you become unconscious”. But based on the performance triad sleep is “very critical in achieving optimal physical, mental, and emotional health” (Army Public Health Center). I feel that sleep is very important for long life and better health.
Activity as defined by Webster dictionary is “the state of being active: behavior or actions of a particular kind”. But based on the performance triad is “more than just “exercise” or “working out”- it’s living an active lifestyle” (Army Public Health Center). I feel that activity is very important to our bodies to stay alive and to be healthy. Nutrition as defined by Webster dictionary is “the process of eating the right kind of food so you can grow properly and be healthy”. But based on the performance triad is “eating or fueling needed for performance that enables top level training, increases energy and endurance, shortens recovery time between activities, improves focus and concentration which helps us look and feel better” (Army Public Health Center). I...
... middle of paper ...
...o the consideration that some soldier have intestinal problems after eating MRE’s, then that is when I would inform them that during the hot meal time there will be fruit and salad provided that they should make sure that they eat them items and that would help with their bowel issues.
As a leader I feel that it is important to provide details to your solders on what to expect while out in the field. I would also provide them the opportunity to go and purchase items that they would like to take out with them to the field. Also, I would inform them of the importance of hydration and inform that water will be provided from a water buffalo, so I they would like to drink bottled water they would need to bring it with them. As a leader while making sure that our soldiers are taken care of nutritional, we need to make sure that we are taking care of ourselves as well.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- "READINESS IS #1, AND THERE IS NO OTHER #1" - (General Mark A. Milley, 39th Chief of Staff of the United States Army). The Performance Triad plan is very crucial to our soldiers well being. Not only does this plan increase their physical capabilities but also their mental and cognitive dominance. Each area of the Performance Triad holds the same amount of importance. Sleep, Activity and Nutrition can optimize performance when soldiers focus on all three together. Attaining the right amount of sleep is important in order for a soldier to perform at their utmost capability.... [tags: Physical exercise, Obesity, Nutrition]
1518 words (4.3 pages)
- What is Performance Management and how can Performance Appraisal and Pay for Performance support it. Performance management (PM) is an organizational process in which managers and their employees engage is dialogue and collaboration to establish the goals and objectives of their positions, discuss performance and ways in which it can be improved, implement training plans, and reward and reinforce superior performance/behaviors (MSGExperts, n.d.). PM is not limited to one individual activity, such as counseling; PM is the sum total of all of all the actions taken to help guide and ensure that employees are exhibiting those individual behaviors (Milkovich, Newman, & Gerhart, 2016, p.... [tags: Performance appraisal, Human resource management]
1219 words (3.5 pages)
- Introduction India has made lot of progress in agriculture & food sectors since independence in terms of growth in output, yields and processing. It has gone through a green revolution, a white revolution, a yellow revolution and a blue revolution. Today, India is the largest producer of milk, fruits, cashew nuts, coconuts and tea in the world, the second largest producer of wheat, vegetables, sugar and fish and the third largest producer of tobacco and rice. Therefore, Indian Government is providing more infrastructures for this sector.... [tags: indian lifestyle, ready-to-eat food]
1859 words (5.3 pages)
- One of the least favorite job functions a supervisor must take on is performance appraisals of their subordinates. This task usually involves the employee completing a self-evaluation and the supervisor completing an evaluation of the employee. Then, both people meet to discuss the overall results. A performance appraisal is the evaluation of an employee’s performance and provides opportunity to correct deficiencies by establishing performance standards for the employee. Typically, this can require the employee to receive training, feedback, and possibly incentives which establishes positive reinforcement.... [tags: Performance appraisal, Management, Need]
1055 words (3 pages)
- What was communicated in the musical performances that would have been difficult to convey in writing. There was so much I wanted to say but obviously couldn’t say at the performances. I feel that there was so much going on that you had to sit and observe in order to take in all the emotions. What makes it more special is knowing that we are the first class to do this. We paved the way for everyone else. If my son is someday a comm major I will definitely tell him to take this class. Aduwas, performance blew my mind.... [tags: Performance, Performing arts, Thought, Mind]
852 words (2.4 pages)
- ... Using wood and tools to create new projects allows the children to express themselves in numerous new ways. Woodworking encourages relationships by a child needing guidance from a teacher or even another student whom has had previous experience with these materials. This also creates relationships by having a child or children have to problem solve and ask questions. Using materials you are not used to strengthens all communication skills. Wood working supports my image of the child because it sees the child as capable and gives them the opportunity to create new things and explore new materials without being told exactly what to do, or create.... [tags: teach, support, create]
564 words (1.6 pages)
- The average high school student is not ready for college. Entering college as a freshman is a lot different from entering high school as a freshman. High schools tend to “think” they are preparing you for college when really students are physically and mentally not prepared. Student’s grades are inflated in high school, which is not always good. In order to succeed in college, some attribute you should have are study skills, time management, awareness of one’s performance, persistence, and the ability to utilize study groups.... [tags: High school, College, Advanced Placement]
1028 words (2.9 pages)
- Table of Contents Executive Summary 3 1.0 Introduction 4 1.1 How different Accounting Theories relate to real world scenarios? 5 1.2 Bonus plan hypothesis and executive remuneration 6 2.0 Company overview with Remuneration plans 7 2.1 Telstra Corporation Limited 7 2.2 Harvey Norman Holdings Limited 7 2.3 Remuneration plan and the contracting cost 8 3.0 Corporate Amendments and “Say on Pay” 9 3.1 Global Developments of Cooperation Amendments 11 3.2 Pay on Performance link and “First Strike” 11 3.3 Pay on Performance link and “Second Strike” 11 4.0 Conclusion 12 Bibliography 13 Executive Summary This report is based on Pay and Performance links, and whether the respective components o... [tags: Pay and Performance]
2440 words (7 pages)
- Cyber-Physical Systems: Are We Ready. Cyber-Physical Systems are systems with tight interaction between the physical components and the computational resources. The way we influence and get influenced by Physical world is set to change with advent of Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS) . These systems are made up of closely coupled actuation, processing and communication components. The impact of Cyber-Physical Systems on humans may be compared to impact of Internet. Internet accelerated the flow of information and built a whole new industry for itself.... [tags: Coupled Actuation, Technology Advancement]
1756 words (5 pages)
- Performance Support Systems Abstract The purpose of my paper is to discuss Performance Support Systems, the reason why some people fear them, concerns surrounding them, and why there is a growing trend for their use and their redefinement. Performance Support Systems Defined Electronic Performance Support Systems otherwise known as EPSS were born in the early 1990s by Gloria Gery, who was described as an educational software guru by Phillip Longman in his journal article, The Janitor Stole My Job.... [tags: Technology Support System Essays]
1601 words (4.6 pages)