... middle of paper ...
... before a big race then they have to be smart about it and not overdose and positive results will come out of it, overcoming the negative.
Who would ever think using EPO supplements, such as EPO-BOOST, would create more positive results for the body than negative results? EPO not only is a natural substance produced by one’s kidneys but it also, creates a positive effect on the body, both mentally and physically. EPO supplements give the body strength, energy, and extra red blood cells to produce extra oxygen for a better focus span and motivation, Even though EPO supplements give an athlete an unfair advantage, it is a safe supplement that does not do any harm to the body if it is not over used. Just like EPO supplements helped Lance Armstrong gain the energy he needed, it could help anyone gain energy and have a better performance if they are wise about it.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Athletes taking PEDs is just like sitting in school taking a test and not be able to figure out and answer to a question and seeing classmates cheating,taking out their phone,looking at others paper, and having cheat sheets. Most people have had this happen in their lives just like athletes most athletes are hard workers but you come across a few so called athletes who use performance enhancing drugs to improve there game which are illegal. The use of performance enhancing drugs is an unlawful shortcut which helps body muscle grow faster without effort and it also helps with muscle endurance.The use of this substance is increasing instead of decreasing.... [tags: Performance Enhancing Drugs]
1177 words (3.4 pages)
- Since the dawn of the twenty-first century, performance enhancing drugs have become a religious practice in “the lives of some sport figures.” The use of these supplements have given athletes an edge to perform at maximum capability. Most major athletes all agree on the fact that the competitive drive is intensely fierce. Despite all, most athletes have high hopes of attaining prestigious awards, a full ride college scholarship or the once in a lifetime opportunity to play for a professional team.... [tags: Performance Enhancing Drugs, drugs, Athletes,]
928 words (2.7 pages)
- Since the dawn of the twenty-first century, performance enhancing drugs have become a religious practice in “the lives of some sport figures.” The use of these supplements have given the user an edge, an edge to perform at maximum capability. Most major athletes all agree on the fact that the competitive drive to win can be quite intense. Besides the satisfaction of personal accomplishment, athletes commonly pursue high hopes of attaining a medal, a college scholarship or the once in a lifetime opportunity to play on a professional team.... [tags: Performance Enhancing Drugs, steroids, sports, ]
1042 words (3 pages)
- Every athlete dreams of becoming the best player in their sport. For most athletes, this dream was created in their childhood watching their favorite player perform at great levels to achieve success. Most athletes will stop at anything to achieve success, even if that means breaking the rules. An athlete whether the biggest, fastest, or strongest, will always look for something that will give them and extra edge over everybody else, even if that means performance enhancing drugs. With new records being broken day by day, I believe performance-enhancing drugs should be legal in all professional sports.... [tags: sports drugs, steroids, doping]
897 words (2.6 pages)
- ... Some of the biggest sports (in order) that use sports enhancing drugs are 1. Baseball, 2. Track, 3. Football. Speed is another big drug in sport due to my research. It’s ability to keep you motivated and more hype is causing players in the professional leagues to use it. When you use speed you just become more skits and on the go, so it would allow you an advantage on the other people you are currently playing. Again Football, Track, and Baseball are the most common sports who use a performance enhancement drug.... [tags: athletes, baseball, football, steroids, drugs]
1224 words (3.5 pages)
- Performance Enhancing Drugs (PED’s) In all areas of sports, professional, college, and even high school, there is widespread illegal use of performance-enhancing drugs. It seems like you can’t go more than a week without hearing about somebody’s PED problems. Although there are many reasons for athletes to choose to use these drugs, the cost of such use, both to the athlete and to society can be extraordinarily high. The question that many people must answer to themselves is “is it worth the risk”.... [tags: Drugs ]
1825 words (5.2 pages)
- Performance Enhancing Drugs in Sports Performance Enhancing Drugs are a big temptation in any athlete's life. Are performance enhancers as bad as they are made out to be. Melissa Winkller, and author of the Vegetarian Times in New York states, "Sport supplements are at best a waste of time." Agree or not, the history and facts of performance enhancers will tell you what these drugs can do to your body; the good, the bad and the ugly. Ant decision a person makes that warrants putting a substance into their bodies can destroy not only your reputation, but your life as well.... [tags: Illegal Drugs Steroids]
1402 words (4 pages)
- Performance enhancing drugs should be eliminated from all sports because they create an unfair competitive advantage. I am against the use of Performance Enhancing Drugs in sports because it is a worldwide problem that takes the integrity out of the game. There are so many people involved from trainers, players and coaches. In the past athletes played for love of the game, today however, the players have so much more at stake then just being able to play the game because they love it. Athletes will use any means necessary to get performance enhancing drugs(PED).... [tags: Steroids Drugs, argumentative, athletics]
1571 words (4.5 pages)
- Performance-Enhancing Drugs in Sports In all areas of sports, professional, college, and even high school, there is widespread illegal use of performance-enhancing drugs. Although there are many reasons for athletes to choose to use these drugs, the cost of such use, both to the athlete and to society can be extraordinarily high. It is important to understand why performance-enhancing drugs are used and what are the consequences of their use to the athlete and society. One of the reason athletes choose to use performance-enhancing drugs is to bulk up.... [tags: Sports Steroids Drugs Essays]
1675 words (4.8 pages)
- Performance Enhancing Drugs When most people think of performance-enhancing drugs the first thought that comes to their minds is the illegal ones like steroids, but today there are more non-illegal drugs like creatine and androstenedione for people today. Creatine is a chemical produced by the kidney and found in meat product. It helps muscles recover after a workout, which in turn helps athletes bulk up faster (Gregorian 5). Creatine is used by many of the nations top college sports teams like Nebraska and Northwestern.... [tags: Steroids Sports Drugs Essays]
1760 words (5 pages)