It is undeniably that research has become an essential for producing knowledge in numerous fields such as science, technology, design, psychology, education, and so on. Since the purpose of research is for advancement of human knowledge, the perfection of research has been a topic of argument of professionals. From my perspective, I agree that perfect research does not exist.
As the name suggests, research means inquiry of a subject again to probe and attain a new understanding. From this point, it could be argued if perfect research exists, there will be no question and no necessity to carry out further studies in the topic or area that the perfect research has done. In this sense, perfection would be a padlock that prevents any possibility for further examination and scrutiny. Adding new understanding to the existing bank of knowledge would be impossible.
Perfection is a state of being complete and correct in every way without any fault. Research, either quantitative or qualitative, is a human activity that always involves some sort of errors or defects. There are numerous reasons for questioning validity and reliability of qualit...
... middle of paper ...
...itative and Qualitative Research. 3rd ed. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Education, 2008. Print.
Mills, G. "Data Collection Considerations: Validity, Reliability, Generalizability, and Ethics." Action Research a Guide for the Teacher Researcher. 2nd ed. Upper Saddle Rover, NJ: Merrill Prentice Hall, 2003. 74-97. Print.
Mutch, Carol. Doing Educational Research: A Practitioner's Guide to Getting Started. Wellington, New Zealand: NZCER Press, 2005. Print.
Pui-Wah, Doris Cheng. "The Translation of Western Teaching Approaches in the Hong Kong Early Childhood Curriculum: A Promise for Effective Teaching?" contemporary issues in early childhood 7 3 (2006): 228-37. Print.
Yuen, Gail, and Susan Grieshaber. "Parents' Choice of Early Childhood Education Services in Hong Kong: A Pilot Study About Vouchers." Contemporary Issues in Early Childhood 10 3 (2009): 263-79. Print.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- To answer the question of whether there can be such a thing as perfect research we would have to consider the research methodologies employed and how the research question is formulated and presented. The human mind is complex and in its complexity dwells room for misunderstanding and the propensity to err, so as long as the human mind is engaged in research, there can be no such thing as flawless research. To make research as near to perfection as possible it is important to look at the design of the methodology and eliminate areas that might introduce "problems" the methodology that does not leave any room for error.... [tags: Research Analysis ]
805 words (2.3 pages)
- There is no hope of doing perfect research (Griffiths, 1998, p97), do you agree. Before attempting to answer this question, it is important to look at the definition and the meaning of research. According to the scholar Cresswell, “research is a process of steps used to collect and analyze information to increase our understanding of a topic or issue”(3). Cambridge online dictionary defines research is “a detailed study of a subject, especially in order to discover (new) information or reach a (new) understanding”.... [tags: Research Analysis ]
868 words (2.5 pages)
- 1) To me, market competition is the act of various different providers of goods and services trying to accomplish their goals. These goals can be to increase market share, profits, revenue etc…. I would say that street food hot dogs I recently bought in New York are a good example of perfect competition. The food is all priced relatively cheap, since they are price takers, the food is almost the same, buyers know what the price should be and the available substitutes, and there are very low barriers to entry/exit.... [tags: Monopoly, Competition, Perfect competition]
709 words (2 pages)
- “Therefore let them be instructed by you, at least by your deeds.” What does this verse mean to me. Well, what does it mean to you. How many of you believe you live a life of example. Perhaps you feel unqualified. That’s exactly how I felt. When I sat down and started to think about the oratory I was going to be giving for the last year I would be in high school. I wanted it to be moving. Funny. And finally I decided that I wanted it to be about exemplary life. I felt like I had no right, no privilege of allowing others to follow me.... [tags: essays research papers]
1094 words (3.1 pages)
- PERFECT, BUT NOT TOO PERFECT Once in a village long, long ago, there was a home with a family inside of it. And in that family was a father, a mother, a brother, a sister, and a grandmother. In this village it rained all the time. More than London, or the Amazon or all the rainforests in the world combined. In this village also were a church, a store, a mill, and a monument for the chief: Jades Samoa. This wasn’t a village like in Africa or Cambodia, but a very nice village. The people wore amazing clothing.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
332 words (0.9 pages)
- The Perfect Gesture. The perfect form football tackle, that is the perfect gesture. The person that made this gesture was Gary Kmiec. I witnessed this event for the first time, Labor Day, at the junior varsity football game against North Park College. The day was hot and humid, like a regular Chicago summer. The North Park Viking's field was hardly appealing to the eye. The field was one of those contraptions of a baseball/football field combination. It was the third quarter of a very intense game, the score was 8-6 we were winning.... [tags: essays research papers]
607 words (1.7 pages)
- What Is A Perfect Life. In life, the reality that we face on a normal basis is depressing, disappointing and lifeless. A perfect life is a life without hate, jealousy and pride. A creation or thought of emptiness to which only myths or legends originate from. But if a dimension of omnipotent peace was resurrected this is what it would be like. Hate, a feeling of demonic control of anger. A bitter rotting corpse of emotion balled into a pale, cold, burnt of flesh smelled dough, waiting to be molded by any passing faceless victim.... [tags: essays research papers]
483 words (1.4 pages)
- Making Everyone Happy We all have our own preconceived mindsets of how our educational surroundings should be arranged and how a perfect classroom should be. While preparing for the ultimate classroom we should keep in mind the following conditions. These conditions should involve input from teachers and students alike, while also keeping in mind parent’s and school faculty’s needs. To a teacher, a perfect classroom would involve many things. Most importantly a teacher would like to have eager students that are chomping at the bit to learn the information.... [tags: essays research papers]
512 words (1.5 pages)
- If you could design any class, anyway you wanted; do you know what you would do. Whether it is reclining chairs or nap time you want. You get to decide whether you want, one or the other or both. You get to design the class any way you want. If I could design the perfect class it would have to have… The perfect class would have to have air conditioning. This would keep us cool and refreshed. Most students would concentrate better because they’re not distracted thinking about how hot and sticky they are.... [tags: essays research papers]
373 words (1.1 pages)
- The Perfect Storm by Sebastian Junger was an account of an immense storm and its destructive path through the North Atlantic. In late October of 1991, many a crew of several different fishing ships left their port for their final haul. Little did they know that they would soon cross paths with one of the greatest storms ever recorded. This particular storm would create huge swells, high winds, and hard rain. The system was said to be a “perfect storm” because all of the elements were just right to create the worst imaginable storm ever seen claimed some meteorologists.... [tags: essays research papers]
634 words (1.8 pages)