Five months ago, I started dating a guy named, Michael. Michael was a handsome gentleman whom I saw a future with. He was the type of guy that no matter how many times he entered my house, the first thing he’d do was shake my father’s hand. I was surely impressed with him and I think my parents were, too. We weren’t only just dating, but we were best friends. We told each other anything and everything. We often danced in my parent’s living room to music not from our era, which made it feel even more special. We danced to Sinatra and even Elvis Presley’s Can’t Help Falling in Love. It was the perfect relationship, appearing to be straight from a love story or even the movies. However, at the end of the summer before my senior year, everything changed in the blink of an eye with no warning and even no reason.
Michael and I worked at the same restaurant, which was convenient. We rode together to and from work. I thought it was great being able to see him all the time. I mean, what girl wouldn’t want to spend all day with their boyfriend? Everything was great between us, but one night after work, things changed. Michael drove me home, as usual, walked me up to my door step and stunned me with what he had to say.
“I don’t love you anymore, its over!”
I thought to myself, how could this be? What have I done? I became hysterical asking him why over and over again. But his only reason was simply, that he didn’t love me anymore. Devastation shot through my body and I began to cry. There he stood in front of me as I was crying my eyes out. He didn’t even bother to tell me he was sorry. Michael walked away and my mom opened the door to see what was going on.
“Maranda, what happened?” she said.
... middle of paper ...
...I realized my true love was what God had already provided for me, which was my family.
In conclusion, I thought I had found the perfect love of my life, Michael. I lived for him, I dreamed about him and thought we would be together forever. Even though he hurt me, my heartache turned out to be a blessing. For I understand he was not my perfect love, but in fact, he was a thorn given to me by God. Through this experience, I learned what true and perfect love is. It’s a form of love that is priceless and sometimes rare. For I have unconditional love from my family, the guidance of God. Through these things, come peace, closure, understanding and acceptance. None of which, Michael could have ever given me. For the Bible says, “I am content with weaknesses, insult, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong” (2 Corinthians 12:10).
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Perfect Companion Astoria squinted her eyes as she slowly began to awaken from her slumber, but the sun shinning through her window made it next to impossible to keep her eyes open. She finally rolled over so the sunshine could no longer reach her face. Astoria grumbled as she rolled out of bed and started to rub the sleepy sand out of her eyes, when she paused... "Oh my. Today is the day!" She yelled to herself. She sprang up from the floor and rushed over to her calendar and glanced at the red circle over today 's date.... [tags: Debut albums, Love, 2006 albums, Astoria Township]
2025 words (5.8 pages)
- Love or Loyalty - Original Writing ‘Be quiet Margaret. I am trying to read!’ Robert bellowed, as he pondered over the reason for Margaret’s newborn unruliness. He was almost tempted to put her in her place at once, yet he decided necessary though it may be, it was not something that was to be rushed. ‘Get me a drink Margaret, Scotch.’ Robert barked eager to gain control once again. Margaret on the other hand hobbled off nervously, she feared that this might happen yet she knew better than to protest.... [tags: Papers]
1313 words (3.8 pages)
- Forbidden Love - Original Writing Shania looked across the table at Adam; his gorgeous glass- blue eyes seemed as if they were deep oceans bearing precious treasures. He squeezed her hand as they sat talking about their wedding; it wasn't long to go now, just a matter of a few months, even-though that seemed to be never-ending. Everything was prepared, Shania had always dreamt of a perfect white wedding, and Adam wanted all her dreams to turn to reality, hence everything was being decided by her.... [tags: Papers]
848 words (2.4 pages)
- A New Journey - Original Writing A journey begins with a step, a voice, a vision or a loved one. My journey first began with a cry, unknowing what the future beholds, but in the end, I found myself at a destination which I did not visualise. A destination that was not meant to be. An end that became a new beginning. "Please don't do this to me, Ma." I said with a shaky voice. Already annoyed, my mother said, "I just can't afford it, okay?" "But what about my future. If I don't go to college, I won't even have one." "You know something.... [tags: Papers]
641 words (1.8 pages)
- Crash and Burn - Original Writing He was walking towards me. I was so nervous. I checked my hair and make-up, put on a bit of lipstick and I was all set to go. But who was I kidding. My knees were as weak as jelly, just like they always were when I saw him. I took in a deep breath as he flashed me a perfect white smile. " Hi Alex". His deep voice always spread butterflies into my stomach. " Hi Charlie, how's it going?" " Good, good. Umâ€¦ me and a few mates are going down to the movies tonight, fancy being my date?" I had been waiting for this night for all my Secondary School life.... [tags: Papers]
528 words (1.5 pages)
- Aunt Kiki - Original Writing There she is, the person with no self respect. It is as if all the dignity has been drained out of her to all that’s left is a mindless zombie. Walking into the room with not a care in the world of what she looked like or even what other people thought of her. While she enters the room the distinct odour of tobacco and burnt shrubs fills my lungs and nostrils, the fetid smell of her clammy body embraces me. Why kill yourself for a white stick (cigarettes) and me?, my aunt was always a arrogant and proud woman but very bigoted, that’s why she never listened to anyone else and the cause of her becoming like this.... [tags: Free Essays]
422 words (1.2 pages)
- Leaving Home - Original Writing It was the last time I saw my Mother. My grieving pain for my mothers love infinitely grew. She was god in my eyes but was I the god given daughter she had hoped for. Everyday I had run to her absorbing her warmth as I wrapped my long limbs around her waist. The waist that had carried me for nine months, but was I worth the wait. Mother’s predictable great force would transfer into my weakened bones forcing me to collapse onto the striped wooden floor.... [tags: Papers]
952 words (2.7 pages)
- The Assassin - Original Writing Tick tock, tick tock. Time sure goes slowly when you’re waiting. Waiting for what do you ask. I don’t even know yet, maybe I shouldn’t tell you; maybe I should just keep it to myself. That’s just what I have been doing for the past year. Waiting. Slowly. Preparing for this moment, like a world-class chef prepares for an exquisite meal for the queen, you know, so carefully, elegantly, making sure there isn’t the slightest mistake. That’s just what I have been doing, preparing.... [tags: Papers]
1200 words (3.4 pages)
- The Outsider - Original Writing "Mum, mum", she must not be home, I'll call her later she must still be at the meeting, I'll put the tele on, see what Kacey's wearing in her new video. It's on straight away on every channel, no surprise there. It finishes with her on top of a building I, don't like the song one bit, it's the same as all her others. I really like the gothic powers new video but I daren't tell anyone, my friends will be too embarrassed to be seen with me. Its not cool to like things like that, the people who do like things like that haven't got any style, and they don't follow new styles, hairstyles and what makes you look good, they don't bother... [tags: Papers]
1181 words (3.4 pages)
- Original Writing I looked out onto an ocean of glistening white snow, with its deceiving angelic like pureness, the view took my breath away and I had to steady myself as I felt slightly light headed. It was the perfect picture, although no camera would be able to capture its beauty, its essence.... [tags: Papers]
1968 words (5.6 pages)