In the United States there is a very high amount of people who are overweight and that number continues to grow. Many people prefer a fast, cheap, and unhealthy meal rather than the alternative of a home cooked meal because it takes time that they do not have and extra m...
... middle of paper ...
Myers, Jonathan, PhD. “Circulation.” American Heart Association. American Heart Association, Inc 2012. Web. 12 Feb.2012.
Bayer, Jeff. “Alcohol and Muscles.” Ask Men. IGN Entertainment, Inc. 1996-2012. Web. 12 Feb. 2012.
Jordan, TS. “Breathing During Exercise.” eHow Health. Demand Media, Inc 1999-2012. Web. 19 Feb. 2012.
McIntyre, Douglas, Michael Sauter, and Charles Stockdale “Top 10 Things Americans Waste the Most Money On.” TopStockAnalysts. TopStockAnalysts.com. 2006-2011. Web. 19 Feb. 2012.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... • Teach you the right technique and form. • Keep track of your progress. • Update fitness program based on your progress and increased fitness level. • Provide motivation. • Offer advice on proper nutrition and lifestyle. Qualifications Needed for the Job In a fitness regime you will be exerting yourself physically and mentally to achieve a healthier self. Your safety might also be at risk as you undergo rigorous exercises and practices. This is why it is important to get a fitness instructor qualified and certified for the job.... [tags: fitness, health, exercise]
637 words (1.8 pages)
- Communication is an integral part of a client-trainer relationship. Successful fitness trainers not only help their clients achieve health and fitness goals, they are also supposed to possess great communication skills to be the person of trust and support most clients usually look for. There are a lot of fitness professionals who excel in exercise science and implementing training principles but lack skills that are essential in building great communication relationships with their clients. Although knowledge is power for all fitness trainers, establishing positive and productive relationships with the help of communication is crucial.... [tags: personal trainer, clients]
1064 words (3 pages)
- As many of you might have guessed, my chosen career is to be an Athletic Trainer. When I tell people I want to be an Athletic Trainer, they think I mean an actual trainer having to do with lifting weights, working out, and helping an athlete train. There are actually two types of Athletic Trainers. The first type is a personal trainer who is hired to help you train for an athletic event and get you in shape. That is not what I want to. I want to do something totally different than that. I want to be an actual Athletic Trainer who is on the sidelines of football and soccer games, or an other sport that needs one.... [tags: personal trainer, safety, injury]
1276 words (3.6 pages)
- ... Getting fit and healthy will require a lot of patience because this is a goal that needs consistency in order to achieve it. Further, it should be seen as well in the personality of a personal trainer you want to work with. One of the reason you hired a personal trainer is because you have insufficient amount of knowledge of making yours goals into reality. Because of this, a client especially the beginners in this field will ask a lot of question, will expect a lot from their trainers and will be more doubtful in every procedure.... [tags: trainer, change, fitness, goals, patience]
516 words (1.5 pages)
- Well, the career I have chosen is a Physical Trainer. I have always found these people to be really inspiring and have thought about hiring one myself or even going through the schooling and training to become one myself. They do so much for people like helping others to find happiness with themselves as well as help making the human race a little healthier. A physical trainer can help so many people today by evaluating their clients “level of fitness by physical capabilities and personal health goals”(Becoming a Physical Trainer: Job Description & Career Info).... [tags: Exercise, Physical exercise, Personal trainer]
936 words (2.7 pages)
- Should an Administrator Invest in an Instructional Coach. After a year of finding my way as an instructional coach, learning by trial and error, and educating myself about strategies for guiding my colleagues, I’d like to share what I’ve learned about my experience. Administrators who are seeking to improve student achievement by improving teacher effectiveness might want to consider the value of having such a teacher on a building staff. When my principal called me with the idea of becoming a part-time teacher and part-time instructional coach, I had recently completed my National Board Certification in adolescent and young adult English language arts, and was eager to serve as a teacher le... [tags: Education]
2485 words (7.1 pages)
- Many organizations, schools, and businesses hire an athletic trainer to help their employees and team members. Athletic training encompasses the prevention, diagnosis, and intervention of emergency, acute, and chronic medical conditions involving impairment, functional limitations, and disabilities(99). Athletic trainers can work in a large number of organizations. High schools hire them to help with their athletics and injuries that may occur. Colleges hire them for the same reason. Businesses hire them for their gyms in case there is an emergency.... [tags: High school, College, Athletic trainer]
932 words (2.7 pages)
- Exercise is one of the important parts of human life. Often people begin an exercise program because they want to lose weight or improve their health. While these are important benefits, individuals should focus on participating in the exercise program that they will enjoy. Not only will this increase willingness to participate, but it’s more likely they will keep exercising for a longer time period. While going to the gym and having a personal trainer is one way to encourage people to begin an exercise program, it is not the only way.... [tags: Exercise, Physical exercise, Muscle, Stretching]
887 words (2.5 pages)
- In this recent time, too many job seekers stumble through interviews as if the questions are coming out from blue moon. Though, any types of questions should be expected in interviews in any given circumstances. Study this 15 possible interview questions and answers to be successful at job interviews below and plans your interview answers on time so that you 'll be prepared to answer the questions with confidence. Also, be prepared to discuss your strengths, experience and desired salary range. Practice your answers out loud before the big day.... [tags: Question, Interview, Why Are You Looking Grave?]
1114 words (3.2 pages)
- Shadowing a Certified Athletic Trainer For this project, the certified athletic trainer who I have shadowed for almost eight hours in just one day is Candace O'Bryan, currently the athletic trainer at Archbishop Hoban High School in Akron. Candace has worked at Hoban now entering her third year at the high school. She works alone as a trainer there but works along side one team doctor who is at every game, and the other one being a neurosurgeon but is just a parent helping out. Candace works through a clinic in downtown Akron next to the Spaghetti Warehouse.... [tags: Athletic Trainer Job Description]
1114 words (3.2 pages)