In the United States there is a very high amount of people who are overweight and that number continues to grow. Many people prefer a fast, cheap, and unhealthy meal rather than the alternative of a home cooked meal because it takes time that they do not have and extra m...
... middle of paper ...
Myers, Jonathan, PhD. “Circulation.” American Heart Association. American Heart Association, Inc 2012. Web. 12 Feb.2012.
Bayer, Jeff. “Alcohol and Muscles.” Ask Men. IGN Entertainment, Inc. 1996-2012. Web. 12 Feb. 2012.
Jordan, TS. “Breathing During Exercise.” eHow Health. Demand Media, Inc 1999-2012. Web. 19 Feb. 2012.
McIntyre, Douglas, Michael Sauter, and Charles Stockdale “Top 10 Things Americans Waste the Most Money On.” TopStockAnalysts. TopStockAnalysts.com. 2006-2011. Web. 19 Feb. 2012.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... • Teach you the right technique and form. • Keep track of your progress. • Update fitness program based on your progress and increased fitness level. • Provide motivation. • Offer advice on proper nutrition and lifestyle. Qualifications Needed for the Job In a fitness regime you will be exerting yourself physically and mentally to achieve a healthier self. Your safety might also be at risk as you undergo rigorous exercises and practices. This is why it is important to get a fitness instructor qualified and certified for the job.... [tags: fitness, health, exercise]
637 words (1.8 pages)
- Communication is an integral part of a client-trainer relationship. Successful fitness trainers not only help their clients achieve health and fitness goals, they are also supposed to possess great communication skills to be the person of trust and support most clients usually look for. There are a lot of fitness professionals who excel in exercise science and implementing training principles but lack skills that are essential in building great communication relationships with their clients. Although knowledge is power for all fitness trainers, establishing positive and productive relationships with the help of communication is crucial.... [tags: personal trainer, clients]
1064 words (3 pages)
- As many of you might have guessed, my chosen career is to be an Athletic Trainer. When I tell people I want to be an Athletic Trainer, they think I mean an actual trainer having to do with lifting weights, working out, and helping an athlete train. There are actually two types of Athletic Trainers. The first type is a personal trainer who is hired to help you train for an athletic event and get you in shape. That is not what I want to. I want to do something totally different than that. I want to be an actual Athletic Trainer who is on the sidelines of football and soccer games, or an other sport that needs one.... [tags: personal trainer, safety, injury]
1276 words (3.6 pages)
- ... Getting fit and healthy will require a lot of patience because this is a goal that needs consistency in order to achieve it. Further, it should be seen as well in the personality of a personal trainer you want to work with. One of the reason you hired a personal trainer is because you have insufficient amount of knowledge of making yours goals into reality. Because of this, a client especially the beginners in this field will ask a lot of question, will expect a lot from their trainers and will be more doubtful in every procedure.... [tags: trainer, change, fitness, goals, patience]
516 words (1.5 pages)
- Should an Administrator Invest in an Instructional Coach. After a year of finding my way as an instructional coach, learning by trial and error, and educating myself about strategies for guiding my colleagues, I’d like to share what I’ve learned about my experience. Administrators who are seeking to improve student achievement by improving teacher effectiveness might want to consider the value of having such a teacher on a building staff. When my principal called me with the idea of becoming a part-time teacher and part-time instructional coach, I had recently completed my National Board Certification in adolescent and young adult English language arts, and was eager to serve as a teacher le... [tags: Education]
2485 words (7.1 pages)
- When Brandon Long, a personal trainer from Long Beach, California, was asked what got him interested in personal training, he replied, “I guess it started with my love for exercising and seeing the changes that it makes on your body, mind, and confidence.” There are many reasons why people would want to become a personal trainer. They can be the person who helps someone meet his or her goals and makes them successful. They can be involved with all kinds of people in all kinds of sports. And finally, they also have the ability to work on their own and set their own schedule.... [tags: interview, brandon long]
1045 words (3 pages)
- Introduction Many people share the belief that accountants, both external and internal are only used for companies or businesses but they also provide services to individuals. Accountants are perhaps the best tools a person can go to for aid in their finances. Accountants assist in a person’s use of money, giving advice, preparing tax information and overall handling a person’s accounts. There are several benefits in hiring an accountant to assist in one’s personal finances. Though people are able to file their taxes on their taxes on their own, they aren’t necessarily going to get the outmost refund or pay less than they could.... [tags: filing taxes, financial institutions, investments]
1010 words (2.9 pages)
- Shadowing a Certified Athletic Trainer For this project, the certified athletic trainer who I have shadowed for almost eight hours in just one day is Candace O'Bryan, currently the athletic trainer at Archbishop Hoban High School in Akron. Candace has worked at Hoban now entering her third year at the high school. She works alone as a trainer there but works along side one team doctor who is at every game, and the other one being a neurosurgeon but is just a parent helping out. Candace works through a clinic in downtown Akron next to the Spaghetti Warehouse.... [tags: Athletic Trainer Job Description]
1114 words (3.2 pages)
- Whether you are already pregnant, or are still at that stage that you are contemplating pregnancy, now is a good time to think about your health and strength recovery program. Such a training program should take place not long after you give birth. The Importance of a Postnatal Training Program Living in Singapore has a lot of perks, specially for those who are about to become new moms. This is because Singapore is well-known globally for having an excellent hospital system, thoroughly modern and patient-friendly.... [tags: getting back in shape after giving birth]
658 words (1.9 pages)
- The responsibility of supervising employees may often prove to be a daunting task. If those being supervised are nurses, who are responsible for the care of vulnerable patients, the task must be managed with a strong knowledge and philosophy of not only nursing, but also the principles of leadership and management. This paper will examine the challenges of a nurse manager who is faced with a problematic new hire as described in case study two. A description of Margaret Johnson, LPN, leaves the impression that she is a marginal employee, who often fails to meet the basic standards of care, is not a team player, and whose behavior is destructive to the unit and potentially dangerous to the pat... [tags: nursing, management, effectiveness, performance]
1622 words (4.6 pages)