People should learn about self-managed learning. This chapter has helped me understand how to organize, plan my studies and review them. There are many ways in which we can learn we all have our own way of learning. We should try to figure out what type of a learner we are to be able to work on our weaknesses. A lot has changed throw surveys we’ve realized that students have different way of learning. Teachers are using more methods of learning so the students can be able to learn better.
There are different ways people get information we have: Concrete and abstract perceivers. Concrete people they prefer direct experience, acting, sensing, and feeling Abstract perceivers people they like to analyse, observe and think.
There are different learning styles: The activist- He is happy to try new things out and experience new situations but poor at executing. The reflector is analytical in his thinking, but they take a long time to come to a decision. The theorist they are strong on the theory, but usually weak on application. The pragmatist is good on application of learning in real-life situation and he responds to problems with practical problem-solving skills. Learning is gaining knowledge and skills; memory is storming, retrieving and acting.
Learning what style of learner you are, you can organize and plan your study the way you know you are going to understand. Many skills can be learned directly from other people in the workplace, for example, you could be Shadowing someone that means following and observing a more experience manager in their day-to-day workplace.
A mentor is a colleague at the same or higher level than the you; you can go and discuss work-related issues with your mentor. Coaching is a person that will be w...
... middle of paper ...
...nt. For example I’ve received a lot of training and I have developed new skills throw out my training. If a manager will be sick and he won’t come to work. I can run that department successful because I’ve received training for my company
By learning about self-managed learning I can see the benefits of self- managed learning I can see that learning from home will work for me very well as a self-managed learner, I like to study to develop my own skills, I have control over personal and professional development, having control over your studies and planning for it enables you to achieve success.
I like that I can study on my own and I can concentrate on what I need to improve. Know what type of a Lerner you are, you can develop your own way of studying which will help you plan and focus on developing your skills which will help you achieve success in the future
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Summary This report aims at exploring the conception of self-managed learning in the background of a higher education as well as the various benefits it yields to higher education students. The report has incorporated relevant and reliable investigation with the aim of creating a comprehensive image of the various aspects of self-managed learning and its benefits to higher education students. Whereas the various benefits of self-managed learning to higher education students have been acknowledged, the manner in which they can be affectively acquired are poorly understood.... [tags: Education, Learning, Higher education]
1757 words (5 pages)
- What if schools were managed by technology. Imagine if students went to school only to be taught from a computer. This may sound absurd but thats what some schools are planning to do. As a student myself, most students don’t want that to happen. For decades, traditional teaching has been a staple in schools. In all countries around the world, people would go to school and learn from a teacher face to face. This is the most original and effective way of teaching. Traditional learning has succeeded tremendously in schools around the world.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Alternative education]
1367 words (3.9 pages)
- In order for Sloans Lake Managed Care (SLMC) to go from being an organization whereby Health plans and self-funded employers paid Sloans Lake to have access to the panel of doctors and hospitals with which it had contracts and move to being a fully insured HMO, the organization would have to use an implementation strategy. First, by utilizing employee participation and a good communication plan the organization would create a behavioral model for how the business would respond to the shift in organizational strategy in order to achieve and maintain outstanding performance.... [tags: Business Analysis ]
1652 words (4.7 pages)
- The Future Is Now: What You Should Know About Self-Driving Cars If you’re still among the many people who believe that self-driving cars are the stuff of science-fiction – or that they won’t make an appearance for another decade or so – you may be surprised to learn that these machines are closer to materializing on roads than you thought. In fact, Google has already begun production of the driverless vehicles, in order to start testing them as soon as possible. The goal is to get the cars on the road within five years, so you could be relaxing in one of these autonomous products by the early part of the next decade – and you won’t even need a steering wheel to guide you to any of the place... [tags: Automobile, Driverless car, Transport, Wheel]
909 words (2.6 pages)
- Social psychology plays a role in helping individuals understand themselves as well as the feelings and behaviors of other individuals. Self-concept is how one perceives and think about themselves. In social comparison theory, people are often comparing themselves to others. Upward social comparison occurs when an individual is comparing themselves to someone more successful than they are in aspects of abilities and skills. Self- fulfilling prophecy is an idea or prediction that is fulfilled due to the thought that alters the behavior.... [tags: Psychology, Perception, Concept, Leon Festinger]
1020 words (2.9 pages)
- ... Since, these girls had experience in self-defense they claimed to have felt more secure about themselves whenever they walked to school (Class builds confidence). Self-defense can be the answer to concerning parents who would want their kids to feel safe. By offering self-defense classes, schools would benefit students by offering them the safety to feel reassured. Not only is the school board incorrect for claiming that self-defense classes encourage violence, but they are also unaware that self-defense actually builds self-discipline.... [tags: classes in schools]
1173 words (3.4 pages)
- The world ‘s economy has developed continuously throughout the decades. In order to catch up with the economic development and people demand, the business is always seeking for the best approaches to enhance productivity as well as performance of the company. “According to Mc Shane, Olekalns and Travaglione (2010), self-directed teams have a high degree of autonomy, which is proven to increase productivity”. Based on my experiences either in the course ‘s work group activities, I agree that self-directed team if implemented appropriately will lead to the high level of productivity.... [tags: Business Management ]
1789 words (5.1 pages)
- Introduction Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is a heterogeneous autoimmune disease that is chronic and acute, most likely to affect women and those between 35-50 years of age. The process of RA begins as an inflammation episode in the synovium, causes it to thicken and become edematous. Synovial inflammation results in joints that are swollen, tender, and stiff. The patient with RA may manifest symptoms of pain, morning stiffness, fatigue, weight loss, anxiety, and depression. (Chen, & Wang, 2007) Self-care abilities are affected by the clinical manifestations related to the disease process of RA.... [tags: Nursing, Health Care]
1147 words (3.3 pages)
- Self Evaluation As my English 101 class comes to an end, I have realized how much I have transformed as a writer. In this essay, I am going to explain what I realized my strengths and weaknesses are as a writer and how they have manifested themselves throughout the quarter. I was skeptical at first coming into this class knowing that English takes formidable work and dedication, but I am very proud of the progress I have made. We completed a great deal of work throughout the quarter; from grammar exercises, summary reviews, and two challenging essays.... [tags: Writing, Learning, Essay, Skill]
903 words (2.6 pages)
- Coming from a strict Indian family, getting a disciplinary referral from school was absolutely unacceptable. I always followed the rules and did what was expected for me. I managed to avoid any punishment throughout my educational career, riding on the fear of the consequences. In high school, I spent many of my afternoons walking to different rooms to ask my teachers questions or to go to club meetings. I would frequently pass by the room in the middle of the school with large glass windows: the detention room.... [tags: Education, Education in the United States, Teacher]
1395 words (4 pages)