Today, I brought a friend with me, Donald, we had been friends for the past year and liked to play videogames and watch tv. We pulled up in my car around seven o’clock, I got out grabbing the back pack that I prepared earlier. Donald was behind me, he watched I as started to walk over to Patrick and hand him the backpack. Donald grabbed my arm and said, “What are you doing? Homeless people are dirty and dangerous!”. I was surprised at what came out of Donalds mouth. After getting over the initial shock, I was angry and told him that Patrick was a person, not just some nameless piece of trash that someone can stomp on. Donald was surprised that I said something back to him, let alone protect Patrick.
Donald was angry that I talked to Patrick and he left for the day. I was still really angry about what he said, but I tried to get past it and enjoy the excitement of Patrick when he saw the clothes. I had seen him many times before, but this is the first time that I had actually sat down for a long period of time with him. It was a new friendship blooming.
Patrick to me represented an innocent person. There was nothing wrong with him. He was kind of like a father figure. I can see Patrick fixing up and old truck in backyard. He always struck me as a fatherly typ...
... middle of paper ...
...age, and actually, all negative feelings. Letting go of negative feeling is how Patrick lives his life so calmly.
I look at the present differently now that I went through this situation. It was significant because I learned to look at the present and live in the moment. One thing that Patrick taught me that it is not nice is judging people before you know them. Give people the benefit of the doubt and assume they are good people unless you are given reason to think otherwise. Learn to see people for who they are instead of judging them for how they look or how they are dressed. It can take a long time to be able to look at a person you don 't know without judgment, but this is definitely a great way to be a nice person. He also taught me to let go of anger. I feel that this experience gave me a new sense of life and how to deal with the present at any given moment.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Dirty Harry Problem “When and to what extent does the morally good end warrant or justify an ethically, politically, or legally dangerous means for its achievement?” This is the question posed by Carl Klockars about the ever growing Dirty Harry problem in society. This has become a focus of mass media and even a source of profit. The name itself comes from a Hollywood movie staring Clint Eastwood. Well if you believe the movies then the answer is never, for along as the bad guy gets what he deserves than the means didn’t matter.... [tags: essays research papers]
1053 words (3 pages)
- “A good relationship is more than something we want—it’s something we need to be our happiest, healthiest, most productive selves.” A relationship is suppose to be surrounded with love, commitment and happiness but when that is all taken for granted, some relationships turn into abuse, which is a problem all across the country. Relationship abuse can be physical and emotional but either way it can tear your other half apart. Kelly Rowland tackles the issue of relationship abuse with her song “Dirty Laundry” using a feminist lens.... [tags: Abuse, Child abuse, Psychological abuse, Bullying]
1079 words (3.1 pages)
- Through the Resolution 64/292 the United Nations General Assembly recognized the human right for the clean water; the resolution states “The human right to water is indispensable for leading a life in human dignity. It is a prerequisite for the realization of other human rights" (Resolution A/RES/64/292, 2010). It means the clean water is necessary for the people, but not all humans have access to it there for they suffer from the serious health problems. One of the diseases caused by the dirty water is schistosomiasis that is endemic in many African countries.... [tags: infections from dirty water]
567 words (1.6 pages)
- Water Benefits Health.com stated, “Forty percent of America’s rivers are too polluted for fishing, swimming or aquatic life. Much of today’s water is dealing with water pollution. According to lenntech.com “Water pollution is any chemical, physical or biological change in the quality of water that has a harmful effect on any living thing that drinks or uses or lives (in) it” (“What is Water Pollution” 1). Water pollution is not only dangerous to humans but also very dangerous to our ecosystems. Fish, plants, water and other organisms are living in our ecosystems.... [tags: Water Pollution, Water Quality, Ecosystems]
1085 words (3.1 pages)
- I was born in Baghdad, Iraq on October,26 1996. My dad had a small food market that it wasn’t that successful, but it brought food at the house. After the 2003 war, Iraq was a becoming a very dangerous place to be. Kidnapers and thefts are everywhere you go, these people had such an impact to the environment that we live in that the news stations stopped telling people who got kidnapped or which store got stolen. It got even more dangerous for my two brothers and I to live in Iraq when my dad got his small market stolen and the people who stole it left a message to my dad that says “get out you spy”.... [tags: Political party, Politics, Jalal Talabani, Iraq]
1756 words (5 pages)
- Zak Ibrahim Mr. O’Brien Humanities 10 8 April 2016 Research Paper: Black Plague Rough Draft The Black plague was the most dangerous and catastrophic disease in recorded world history. The disease killed a third of the population in Europe over 5 years and a fourth of the population in places it occured in Asia. The disease swept through anyone and everything ignoring their wealth or status. The epidemic also left farmers without people to buy their crops or inherit their land. It also caused people to have a huge distrust in the church and clergy.... [tags: Black Death, Bubonic plague, Yersinia pestis]
2046 words (5.8 pages)
- ... Elie and his father suffer a year at Auschwitz, they go through the pain and suffering of being separated from their family and the uncertainty of what the future holds for each of them. Each day they not only suffer from the harsh working conditions and lack of food and rest but also must watch many die right before their eyes. While Elie and his father work at the factories at Buna they witness a young boy being hung by the guards of the factory, which effects Elies view of the savagery of the human race.... [tags: Auschwitz, faith, nazis]
1989 words (5.7 pages)
- Is the way we are living our lives now really the way to be. Does it never cross a single mind that throwing that empty bottle out the window or dumping the garbage just anywhere is going to lead to world of chaos. Imagine having to put a mask on every time a person wants to walk outside. When nature, the most beautiful thing earth has given us, is the most dangerous place there is. Breathing in the air, drinking the water, even getting rained upon is going to damage a person’s body, to the extremes of being hospitalized.... [tags: harmful, dangerous, environment, water]
988 words (2.8 pages)
- Modern technology is modern machines created by men to help us in our daily lives. The word technology brings the meaning the application of scientific knowledge for practical purposes (Oxford Dictionaries, 2013). A lot of people may think that only computers or phones are modern technology but actually, many of our household appliances such as the dishwasher, washing machine and also our cars are considered as modern technology. It can be machinery or appliances that are made to make our lives easier.... [tags: dangerous, lazy, benefits, complex]
737 words (2.1 pages)
- The 5 Kinds Of Toxic People You Need To Avoid We 've all been there before, maybe it was a good friend, maybe it was a relative. Whatever the case, we 've known someone who just wasn 't any good for us. This doesn 't mean they 're necessarily a horrible person, but just not the person we need in our lives right now. Let 's take a look at 5 different kinds of toxic individual, who our daily lives can simply do without. The Black Cloud One of the most common types of toxic people has always been The Black Cloud.... [tags: Want, Interpersonal relationship, Need, WANT]
850 words (2.4 pages)