Before we start anything I think it would only make sense if I gave some background information about this company. Penn West is an oil and natural gas production company in Canada. Currently they are located in Calgary and this is their only location. To be more specific they are located on 9th Avenue SW in Suite 200 in Penn West Plaza. There is no specific reason they have stated about why they are located in Calgary, but one obvious reason would be the fact that Canada’s Oil Sands are located in Alberta and Calgary is located in Alberta too. Therefore it may be easier to get crude oil from an easy to reach location. Penn West has many goals they are trying to achieve. There one main goal is “to be the company that redefines oil and gas excellence in western Canada.” They claim to respect various obstacles that may cause harm to the oil and natural gas production process in Canada. This means that any problems they may face while producing oil and/or natural gases will be respected even if it may cause the process to be delayed or in other words harmed. The company says that they try to keep and maintain strong long-term Aboriginal relations and support Aboriginal businesses in areas they operate in. They want to commit to minimizing the environmental impacts from producing oil and natural gas and like every company they want to make a positive impact in the communities where they live and work. Penn West also has...
... middle of paper ...
...ney and even if they don’t get as much money as they want from selling their company, they probably will get enough to start fresh. Some investors may see them as a bad investment, but they need to realize that the company has started in a different field. The debt the company is in can’t be payed off that easily and selling their company is the only choice they have. Selling parts of their company won’t leave them with much and firing employees just to get the company on a stable position could turn in to a scandal which is an even worse situation. That’s why I believe the first solution is the most efficient and proper way to solve their problem.
After reading through this it’s up to you to determine whether Penn West would be a good investment or not. Penn West may seem like a bad company at first, but maybe a little money is what they need to get back on track.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Until recent years, the United States had not been a major topic of discussion in the global production of oil and natural gas. However, advancements in exploration and production technology have revolutionized U.S oil and natural gas production; the effects have been recognized on a global scale. An article titled “Hydraulic Fracturing: Unlocking America’s Natural Gas Resources” states, “Hydraulic fracturing and horizontal drilling are safely unlocking vast U.S. reserves of oil and natural gas found in shale and other tight-rock formations.... [tags: Petroleum, Natural gas, Oil well, United States]
1429 words (4.1 pages)
- 1. Introduction Oil production in US has been experiencing fluctuation for a long period and there is a need to identify whether there has been a trend in oil production for the period from 1980 to 2008. This analysis could be of interest to the energy administration commission and the government for the purpose of planning for the amount of crude oil that can be allowed for export as well as for the purpose of planning investment in infrastructure for other energy sources. (Bp, 2013) In addition, the study will be seeking to identify the effect on accuracy of using different periods in computing moving average.... [tags: oil production, petroleum]
1757 words (5 pages)
- Sustainability of Palm Oil Production in Indonesia Palm oil is the leading edible vegetable oil by production volume. It is an essential ingredient in the manufacture of a wide variety of products that are used globally every day, such as chocolate, soap, and cosmetics. It is also a common cooking oil in many countries, notably in Asia, and is used in other industries, including livestock and, increasingly, biofuels. Palm oil is produced from the fruit of oil palm tree (Elaeis guineensis). Palm oil can be separated into a various distinct oils with different properties.... [tags: vegetable oil, palm oil, production, economic]
772 words (2.2 pages)
- Innovations in Crude Oil Production The first oil well was drilled in 1859 by Edwin Drake. It burned to the ground several months later, but had it survived it would only have yielded around 20 barrels of oil per day, hardly a drop in today’s market.(“Story”) At the time however, it was considered a success and it began a revolution in oil production. Crude oil production in the world skyrocketed from a few hundred barrels of oil per day to 76 million today. (“International”) Of course, in the long term, this is not sustainable.... [tags: Oil Production Essays Papers]
2302 words (6.6 pages)
- Hydraulic Fracturing is the cracking of the Marcellus Shale by injecting more than one million gallons of water, sand, and other chemicals at a high pressure into wells that go as far as 10,000 ft. deep. Miners and people who work for gas companies do this to collect the natural gas that shale rock produces. “Fracking” was developed by Haliburton about 60 years ago. This was a big break through because there was a point in time where the United States was considered energy poor. With this relatively new finding, the U.S.... [tags: fracking, energy, natural gas]
747 words (2.1 pages)
- ... Throughout World War II, the Japanese exploited Indonesia’s oil reserves and refineries. “With independence following WWII, the oil, oil fields, refineries and supplies seized by the Japanese invasion force were returned to the Indonesian Government, and the new era of Indonesian energy exploration and production began,” according to the Indonesian Petroleum Association. Indonesia’s economic development is in large, dependent on oil and gas production. The State Constitution of 1945 mandated that “all of Indonesia’s land, water and natural resources are controlled by the State and will be utilized for the greatest benefit and welfare of its people.” Pertamina, Indonesia’s largest state-... [tags: palm oil industry, petroleum]
1051 words (3 pages)
- 2.3: PERFORMANCE OF THE OIL SECTOR: The Nigerian oil sector has faced major problems in one of its subsectors. The subsectors include the upstream, downstream and the gas sector with the down sector being the problematic of them all. The downstream includes the distribution arm and connection with the final consumer of the product in the domestic economy. The deregulation of this subsector has been due to relentless crises in the supply of products, which has been controversial because the deregulation ignores the economic realities in Nigeria.... [tags: Petroleum, Peak oil, OPEC, Nigeria]
1184 words (3.4 pages)
- Sociocultural factors is concerned with a society’s attitudes and cultural value according to Dr. Wolfe. Society’s attitudes on oil production are changing and people are aware of effect of global warming and are starting to change their behavior. Being more conscious of global warming people are moving their preference from gas guzzling SUVs to hybrid and eclectic vehicles. The trends underlying this are the richness of natural gas, new technologies, and the digitization of the grid. With oil being cheaper it may slow the interest of eclectic vehicles in the short term.... [tags: Petroleum, Peak oil, OPEC, Saudi Arabia]
1075 words (3.1 pages)
- with four vats, 66 feet by 52 feet.” All of this information was useful to the farmers who owned olive groves, and Cato and Varro’s advice made sure that olives continued to be a resource in ancient Rome. The pressing of the olives is done today, mush the same way it was done in ancient Roman times. The making of olive oil has not changed much through the millennia, and is still done today much as it was in ancient times. There is more than one stage in the crushing and rinsing phase of olive oil production, the first stage of crushing removes the pit from the olives, and then the olives are put into woven bags or baskets to be pressed.... [tags: Roman Empire, Ancient Rome, Olive oil, Olive]
1531 words (4.4 pages)
- Brazil Oil and Gas Production Reach Record Highs In September (Cifuentes, 2016) The Brazilian government reports oil and gas production reached new record highs in September, 2016. The 2.67 million barrels per day (bpd), in September are representative of a 2.4 percent increase monthly and an 11.5 percent increase annually according to energy regulators, Agencia Nacional de Petroleo. The increased production comes from the offshore, Lula oil field, run by Petrobras, in the Santos Basin of Brazil.... [tags: Natural gas, Petroleum, Fossil fuel]
731 words (2.1 pages)