I have always loved driving since I was a child. Being that I come from a family whose bread an...
... middle of paper ...
...e, young man dies in car crash. For some odd reason I clicked it open reading more in depth the man that had died had died in my town. Looking more into the story the man had died in the same town, the same road and the same spot I had crashed. Later on that week I found out what exactly had happened apparently the man had gone off road flying into the ditch I had and hitting the same pole I had. Instead of the pole just stopping the car it came out of the ground and crushed the car with him inside. I can’t help but think truly how lucky I was that day and how god, an angel, a family member, or anything had looked after me while I crashed. I realized from the crash just how valuable every second of our lives are. Also how twisted our faiths can be. We should all enjoy life because we never know when our time will come and when you may draw the short end of the straw.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- “The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status, or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we all believe that we are above-average drivers” -Dave Barry, comedian. The number of accidents over the last ten years have drastically increased, drivers are paying less attention to the road itself. Many individuals behind the wheel of a car believe that their driving does not affect the road conditions, however it always will. The driving habits of today are catastrophic due to the reasoning that the driving will affect other lives through reckless or distracted driving, and disobeying traffic laws.... [tags: Driving, Automobile, Traffic, Road]
1153 words (3.3 pages)
- Product reliability as far as car brands are concerned is composed of genuine and long lasting products and spares. “Mercedes brand is durable indeed, although when it comes to spare parts the costs of acquisition are expensive.” (Keller et. al., 2012 p9) The parts are not compatible with spares from other car brands making it not easy to service. But, Ford cars are comparatively not long lasting. However, spares are compatible making it possible to replace the spares with that of different models.... [tags: Mercedes-Benz, Karl Benz, Automobile]
2006 words (5.7 pages)
- Mercedes Benz Mercedes company was founded in 1926. It’s a german automobile company. Company was founded by Karl benz. Mercedes has established itself as a premium carmaker. It has created a niche market as it target the premium buyers only. Only few percent of people around the world can buy it. The company has many competitors like Bmw, Audi, Jaguar, Land rover, Volvo. But company has established itself as for business or first class only.... [tags: Mercedes-Benz, Luxury vehicle, Mercedes-AMG]
997 words (2.8 pages)
- Road rage is a major problem in the United States, anger causes stress, fear , and accidents to our roadways everyday. In this essay we will define road rage, look at the causes and effects, and come up with solutions on how to avoid an altercation with an aggressive driver who has road rage. Road rage doesn’t always involve two drivers, sometimes it deals with a driver and a pedestrian. We need to learn to deal with the anger, and prevent violence toward others on the road. Road rage affects every driver, whether you're involved directly or indirectly.... [tags: Road Rage, driving,]
1431 words (4.1 pages)
- ... Strangers have no reputations, and less guilt” (Kinosian 550). Forni makes a good point. This woman did not know me personally and we will probably never see each other again, so why not act a little crazy. There are many actions drivers take that show a neglect for manners besides the one told in my story. Some drivers pull out in front of you and act like they did nothing wrong. This drives me insane. It takes a lot to slow down and not hit someone when they pull out in front of you. It is not your job to watch traffic off to the side; they should be paying attention and be considerate enough to wait until it is clear and then pull out onto the road.... [tags: road rage, civility while driving]
1151 words (3.3 pages)
- The Dangers of Distracted Driving There are approximately 5,400 deaths per year that are linked to distracted driving, and thousands more were injured. (U.S. Department of Labor). Those fatalities are our neighbors, close friends, and even family. How can we prevent this from being so prominent. How can we make the roads a safe place to be again. These questions have many different answers, but many prove to be un-effective. I believe that the best and only way to resolve this issue is to implement tougher laws on cell-phone use in vehicles, and educate our youth to the best of our abilities on the dangers of distracted driving.... [tags: Mobile phone, Text messaging, The Road, Driving]
1001 words (2.9 pages)
- This paper examines the dangers that arise when cell phones are used at the same time as operating a vehicle. The paper will explore the following question of why this is a problem and why the research is important. The variables investigated are the use of cell phones while driving, whether speaking or texting, and the accidents and fatalities caused from the distraction. Data of the accidents and fatalities caused by drivers distracted by their cells phones is stated to research and further explores the age group and gender of the people involved into the accidents to uncover patterns.... [tags: Driving, texting, legalization]
1795 words (5.1 pages)
- Thesis:Road rage is a major problem in the United States, it causes accidents, anger, fear, and danger to our roadways everyday. Audience: Anyone who struggles with anger management while driving, or the typical aggressive driver. Also teenagers, adults, and elderly people. Purpose: To inform all drivers of the unsafe and unpredictable behavior present on our roadways. Also to help understand road rage is a problem people have because of their attitude and they bring harm to others. Publication: The Eagle, Naples Daily News, or a free public postmaster on any internet resource.... [tags: Road Rage Driving Essays]
1517 words (4.3 pages)
- As you say goodbye to your children as they prepare to go out for the evening you encourage them to have a few drinks before driving home. While this is not realistic to think any parent would encourage their teen to drink and drive, it is something that one might as well tell them if you permit these children to talk on a cell phone while driving. Is has been proven in many different states that teenage drivers are more susceptible to accidents without the use of a cell phone, but when they choose to add a cell phone to the mix, the potential for an accident increases significantly.... [tags: Driving Texting ]
1491 words (4.3 pages)
- What possesses a person to get behind the drivers’ seat of a car and drive intoxicated. This question is always asked whenever a drunk driver is involved in a drinking and driving incident. Many people drink and drive without thinking about the consequences. The majority of fatal car crashes are caused by alcohol related incidents. Of all traffic fatalities in the United States in 2005, 39% of traffic related accidents were alcohol related (Alcohol Alert, 2006). Driving while intoxicated puts drivers and others lives at risk.... [tags: Alcohol, Drunk Driving, DUI]
1309 words (3.7 pages)