... middle of paper ...
... the standards or how it compares to other available implementations. Pascal is still used today, both as an educational tool for programming, as well as a liable language for industrial, commercial, scientific, shareware and freeware applications. The Pascal language is available on a number of different platforms, both commercially and through open source. Pascal is a useful programming language which has been used for decades now. It continues to grow but is not the most effective programming language in my opinion. It has a great history and will be remembered in computing and programming history for all ages and will continue to teach people a different way of programming. Thank you for reading my essay.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Learning Team Project Language comparison of FORTRAN and Pascal Programming Concepts Abstract The following is a research paper regarding two programming languages called FORTRAN and Pascal. Pascal [mathematician/philosopher Blaise Pascal] was designed primarily as a tool for teaching good programming skills, but - thanks largely to the availability of Borland's inexpensive Pascal compiler for the early IBM PC - it has become popular outside of the classroom. Unlike many languages, Pascal requires a fairly structured approach, which prevents the kinds of indecipherable "spaghetti code" and easily-overlooked mistakes that plague programmers using languages such as Fortran or C.... [tags: Computer Programming Languages]
1486 words (4.2 pages)
- Programming Languages Programming language is a form of language that is designed to communicate instructions to a computer; the language can be used to control the behavior of the computer or calculate math equations. There are five generations of programming languages that have been developed from the 1930’s to present day. These programs make it capable for computers to perform a number of applications from computing algorithms to directing the behavior of the computer. Once the first computers were created programming languages took longer to develop.... [tags: Computer, Programming language, Computer program]
1174 words (3.4 pages)
- Paradigm Shift in Programming Languages till date -by Rachit Shah (14BCE110) Programming Languages have existed for over a century. Over the years there has been major change in its syntax and its way of operation to suit our needs. Programming languages enable users to write programs for specific computation or algorithms. In the 1940s the first programming languages were assembly languages. But since it was too laborious ( having to learn all memory locations ) and too error-prone, it needed to evolve into something more human-language like.... [tags: Programming language, Object-oriented programming]
1021 words (2.9 pages)
- In the 20th century, meaningful education was all about learning ABCs and 123s whereas now it is all about learning programming languages. We are surrounded by the things that are programmed to make our work easier. Without programming, the mobiles that we use would have been reduced to small bricks. Like our heart keeps us alive, in the same way, programming brings all the hardware to life. What are programming languages. A programming language is a formally constructed language designed to communicate instructions to a machine, particularly a computer.... [tags: Programming language, Compiler, Computer program]
1416 words (4 pages)
- ... Now, we will look into what Object Oriented Programming is. Before that we must first understand what an object is, because that is what the entire programming method is based on. An object is something which has a defined state and characteristics of its own. This concept was taken from the real world scenario, where each object we see has those two states. An example would be a cup, it has a height, it has a purpose and it has a specific volume which it can hold. The shape of the cup can also be taken into consideration.... [tags: procedures, functions, computer, cost]
1259 words (3.6 pages)
- Computer programming, now a very contemporary work, can date back into the 1800s with the creation of the first analytical machines (Moore). Later, developing into complex algorithms that are used everywhere, we see a piece of modern technology. The history of computer programming, while long, is a very interesting topic that can be easily understood and related back to great inventions that helped change the course of history over the years. Starting with the microchip and leading into devices the size of a pencil that contain more processing power than the room sized computers that were widely used in the late 1960s.... [tags: computer science, algorithms, compilers]
938 words (2.7 pages)
- Programming. Job to code. You always a get weird exhilaration watching your code own code run successfully. Logging into Facebook or Google every day and coming up with some new feature and you sense the line of codes written for the feature to work. You feel here is the innovation, evolution not only technically but creativity and logic. It is this feeling, which drives me to not give up, challenging the toughest problems. And it is this love for programming, combined with my desire to dig deeper into the working of various applications and technologies, which propels me to apply for Masters.... [tags: Computer, Computer software, Software engineering]
761 words (2.2 pages)
- Computer Programming is a big industry. Without it, computers, video games, the internet, and even cell phones would not exist. Jobs are not scarce for computer programming today. Almost everything we use has to do with technology, and computer programmers are needed in order to make the projects happen. Computer programming is one of the more challenging jobs out in the world. Someone who quits easily when things get hard, or when something is not working the way that they want it to, will not succeed in computer programming.... [tags: technology, video games, internet]
1136 words (3.2 pages)
- The Future of Computer Programming Computers are probably the most important invention of this century if not of all time. Right now people use computers for just about everything in the world and they are becoming a necessity in peoples’ lives just as many other new technologies. To say you cannot use a computer this day and age is almost like saying you are illiterate. In order for computers to function and be accessible to people there must be applications or instructions for the computer. In order to make these applications one must write them by programming in a certain computer language.... [tags: Essays Papers]
1238 words (3.5 pages)
- Women have played a large role in the creation of computer science. The first computer programmer was a woman (Philips 463). The first compiler for a programming language (Grace Murray Hopper) and object oriented programming language were developed by women (The Early History of Smalltalk). Today, the field is very different, with only 18% of undergraduate degrees for computer science awarded to women which has decreased from 37% in 1985 (Why So Few Women Are Studying Computer Science). If this problem is not addressed it will only become worse as the disproportionate number of jobs in the field are taken by men which can discourage female participation and even create a sexist environment.... [tags: Computer science, Computer, Programming language]
1059 words (3 pages)