In Brave New World, the society sacrificed certain things in order to be happy, “God isn’t compatible with machinery and scientific medicine and universal happiness. You must make your choice” (Huxley 281). In this instance, Mustapha said that the World State gave up on God and religion. Instead, the leader of the society chose to use modern science and machinery as a substitute for God and religion as happiness, “We haven’t any use for old things here” (Huxley 262). In this statement, Mustapha emp...
... middle of paper ...
...elected individuals who thinks that this way is the best way for the world to function. In Sunshine, the few selected individuals who decided to veer off course made a terrible decision that basically ended everyone 's lives. These sacrifices could have been prevented and people could still have the freedom and people may still be alive and treated fairly if a few selected individuals did not sacrifice the important aspects of life. Relationships, family, religion, literature, and arts are among some of the most important and essential parts of life. Similarly to the parent’s situation above, the parents who are willing to sacrifice themselves portrays the characteristics shown in Sunshine, where they are selfless and think of others. Without these important factors of life, the humanity and life will be corrupt and ceased to exist similarly to how Brave New World is.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The generation of over used technology and over worked parents who work forty to fifty hours a week to provide for their family. While providing they are responsible for paying the utility bill and other important bills which include the cell phone and internet bill. Since parents are working so much they need to provide a phone for their children to keep in touch with them to see where they go every other hour. At the age of thirteen or younger children have cell phones already equip with internet access and many more options.... [tags: Mobile phone, IPhone, Smartphone, Rotary dial]
1120 words (3.2 pages)
- ... Would it make you so angry that you could just kill yourself. Teens all over the world are killing themselves because of family issues and bullying. There are also other reasons in many cases. Some kids feel depressed once in a while. Www.helpguide.org says that It’s important to make them feel better before it ends badly. There are also signs that they might try attempting to commit suicide. They might start to talk about suicide and death itself. If they start saying goodbye to everyone and giving them some of their possessions, that may be a big sign of suicide.... [tags: parents, keeping secrets, suicide]
624 words (1.8 pages)
- 'If We Don 't Act Now, More Kids will die ' written by Susie O 'Brien, it was published on Tuesday March 24th 2015 in the Herald Sun newspaper. This text is an opinion piece and the writers contention is to inform parents that they should vaccinate their babies otherwise they are at a greater risk of illness or death. The target audience is any person who is about to be a parent or about to adopt a baby or a parent who already has a child and is on the fence about the vaccinations and weather they should or shouldn 't.... [tags: Vaccine, Vaccination]
1369 words (3.9 pages)
- Education privilege is a huge controversy in our time. To whom the privilege apply to, and to what extinct someone should go to earn a fine label in society. These are couple of the arguments that can go on for while without anyone indicating a final answer to it. Margaret A.Miller in “The privileges of the parents” argus about how important parents education and how it will affect their children. Putting out an idea that might not be so popular among people with Bachelor degrees or further education.... [tags: Higher education, College, High school, Education]
1157 words (3.3 pages)
- “In the past 30 years the occurrence of children who are overweight and obese has more than tripled.”(CDC). Over the past few years obesity has been getting out of control and why aren't we doing anything about it, and it really seems that we aren’t. Children are suffering from obesity everyday and it’s mostly the parents fault because they aren't doing anything about it. If we don’t do anything about it the number will be increasing more and more, over the years to come, starting with schools.... [tags: juck, food, kids, exercise, overweight]
815 words (2.3 pages)
- Faith Healing: How Many More Children Will Die . June 18, 1997-- “Only six more days until my birthday. Wow. I can’t believe I’m going to be seventeen finally. Even though I’m excited, I wish I could start feeling better. I’m not really too sick, but I still am a little scared. In my heart, I wish I could go see a doctor, but I know that I could never tell my mom and dad that. Even if they heard me say it, they still wouldn’t listen to me, no matter how sick I was. I know I’m supposed to have faith that God will heal me, but right now I’m so afraid.... [tags: Exploratory Essays Research Papers]
1721 words (4.9 pages)
- There is often quite the conflict when discussing the idea on whether children should always listen to their parents. Of course, there are some things that parents with simply more common sense, wisdom, and foresight just know better than young, inexperienced, and foolish kids. But with everything in life, there is a line. Just as a parent knows, eating too much candy will give a person a stomach ache. But children often realize the best way to keep people interested is to make it new and fashionable.... [tags: Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet]
756 words (2.2 pages)
- Parked Cars Can Be Death Traps for Kids Imagine sitting in a hospital waiting room anticipating the results of the tests being run on your only child. You were lucky though; at least he is alive. You had no idea that he was in your car. You can not imagine how traumatic it could have been for him to be trapped in his own car. Finally the doctors come to tell you the news. He has brain damage, and he will never fully recover. He may never walk again and he will never live the life of a normal child.... [tags: Safety Death Children Essays]
1336 words (3.8 pages)
- Reasons Why Kids join Neo-Nazi Gangs In most cases the reason why kids join any gang is the result of trouble at home. If you interview a child from a skinhead gang they came from a family with one or more of the following factors: divorce, separation, physical and or sexual abuse and disfunctional parents. These conditions are further compounded by joblessness, poverty, lack of education, bandage barriers, academic deficiencies and distinctive element from pop culture, such as violent themes in music, television and films.... [tags: Youth Gangs Essays]
494 words (1.4 pages)
- Romeo and Juliet - Parents This essay is about a boy who is in love with a girl named Rosaline at the beginning of the book. His friend Mercutio makes fun of him, and he is heart broken from being turned down by her. (Pg. 13) "This story of two young star crossed lovers takes place in the 15 century in fair Verona, Italy". Romeo has just been let down by Rosaline; when he mopes around nonstop thinking about her, word comes up about a masked ball at the Capulet residence. (Pg. 31) "Mercutio suggests going for they might meet more beauties there and they will suit one with Romeo".... [tags: Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet]
620 words (1.8 pages)