There are a few benefits that I noticed about being homeschooled. Being homeschooled does not mean you do work as long as public school students. One benefit is that her grandma is teaching her, so when grandma can’t make it she gets the day off, but it can always get made up. She may not get the socialization like a public school, but she will be able to stay comfortable. Also being homeschooled give her more or an opportunity to get the education tailored to her own needs. I find this to be cool; I wish public school could do this a little better. Lucy has been in public school before, and she just seems to be happier and focus more being taught in the comfort of her own home, it just interesting to see how different she reacts when she talks about school, she’s happier.
The lesson that I was given the chance to observe was all about the different types of rocks and called “Rocks in Everyday Life”. I really enjoyed watching how excited and intere...
... middle of paper ...
...t in their backyard, and that they use rocks around there home. If I were a teacher this would be the way that I would want to give a lesson to a homeschooled student.
This observation taught me that teachers play a really important role in children’s development, such as cognition. Overall, my experience during my teacher observation was really interesting and eye-opening to the different options for an education. During this observation, I was able to determine that I really made the good decision to not be a teacher; it seems like too much for me. This observation also taught me that there is a relationship between a teacher and one student and even one teacher to over thirty students in a college class. It really makes me think about all the relationships I have had with my teachers, it also makes me happy that I was able to attend public schools in my county.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Throughout my lifetime there has always been a huge controversy about whether parents should homeschool their children or put their child into a public school, well in my opinion both get the job done. Over a full lesson observation, I have had the privilege to understand what it is like for a homeschooled student as well as for the homeschool teacher. With this project, I was able to observe my grandma teach a lesson to her granddaughter. Lucy is in the sixth grade and is striving with intelligence in all subjects.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Lesson plan]
996 words (2.8 pages)
- Should children attend public schools. Public schools around the nation are in severe need of improvement. According to Michael Moore writer of "Idiot Nation” and John Taylor Gatto writer of "Against School” both authors imply that public schools are "deeply flawed”. Students attending public schools have lower attendance rates and a harder time progressing academically. Public schools should properly teach their students because a well prepared student will be prepared for college and society. Many schools have a low teacher to student ratio, which causes little interaction with students, also insufficient amount of programs leading to deprive learning.... [tags: Education, School, High school, Teacher]
918 words (2.6 pages)
- “There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want.” (Robert A. Heinlein) This is what is currently happening to families that do not use their local public school system. Private school families, childless families, and families that no longer have children in school should not have to pay public school taxes for their local township. This is because, unlike public school users, these families do not use this particular public service. Therefore, these families should not be required to pay public school taxes.... [tags: public, private, school, taxes]
585 words (1.7 pages)
- Public schools in America are dwindling down into the world’s worst educational system ever witnessed. In America, we fall so far behind other countries in mathematics and reading. But if education is the future of our children and the future of the country, why are we the only ones who do not take it seriously. Waiting for “Superman” scrutinizes the issue of education, mostly, public schools, here in America. The question brought forth in this documentary is, what are we going to do to better the public school system and how are we going to do it.... [tags: High school, Public school, Education]
1540 words (4.4 pages)
- Until the early 1960s, religion was accepted in most public school systems across our nation. One of the main purposes for school in early America was for religious purposes (Prothero). Benjamin Franklin stated, "It is religion and morality alone which can establish the principles upon which freedom can securely stand." Thomas Jefferson stated, "The question isn't what religion is true. The question is what religious traditions do we need to know something about in order to be an effective citizen." Something that can be beneficial to our nation should not be taken away.... [tags: Public School Systems. Education, Religion]
1403 words (4 pages)
- In contrast to conservatives who believe that no genders or sexualities should be taught to their children other than heterosexuality, the public school system needs to educate all of its students on the full gender spectrum in order to greatly reduce discrimination towards the LGBTQ community. Discrimination between all sexualities, including heterosexuality, is also apparent in our society. Julia Serano, published in the anthology Yes Means Yes!: Visions of Female Sexual Power and a World Without Rape with "Why Nice Guys Finish Last," discusses the issues between sexualities.... [tags: Gender, Education, Transgender, High school]
1022 words (2.9 pages)
- We all know public school has its issues. There can be rude people or horrible teachers. Each person is forced to learn the exact same and act like one person. No one is an individual and is forced to act as a machine. Sadly these “machines” are humans, and do not work like a perfect robot. It is common knowledge that many students struggle in public school due to the fact they are not taught in a way to fit their needs. They end up declining in their studies and it is as if they are destined to fail.... [tags: Education, Homeschooling, School, Teacher]
964 words (2.8 pages)
- The director of the CSG Justice Center, Michael Thompson said, "Anyone who wants to make students feel safer in school, improve high school graduation rates, and close the achievement gap needs to have a plan to reduce the number of youth who are suspended from school.” (U.S News). Mr. Thompson made this statement with regards to the negative effects that “zero tolerance policies” is having on the public school system. The “zero tolerance policies” were originally a war against drugs, and other major issues that school’s faced in the early 80’s.... [tags: High school, Public school]
1035 words (3 pages)
- Public school education system is important and should be taken very seriously. It is the starting foundation to each and every one of our lives. Our educators, lay down the pathway for education.. In today’s world, teachers play a big role in building America. They are the ones who encourage our children to excel into their greatest self. Without teachers, society would face a drastic downfall. There would not be many professions around. Doctors would be unable to save the lives of our friends and families.... [tags: Education, School, Teacher, Public education]
1568 words (4.5 pages)
- Students Wearing Uniforms in Public Schools Where did you get that outfit. You look so fine. Why does she always where that outfit. Doesn’t she have anything else. These are the inquires that hops on to the train of thought in students mind when they go to school. The main effort is not laid on education, and if it is somewhat an idea, it’s about getting high grades through extra credit and not so much learning the material. Public school students are rapidly redefining the meaning of education.... [tags: Education, High school, Independent school]
1399 words (4 pages)