Double-Entry Journal: A double entry journal is used to write either summaries, quotes, or paraphrase then it is required to reflect or connect to the text. The text part of the double entry journal is to write things that the reader will later remember or things that the author wants the reader to know. The reflect or connect part of the DEJ are the reader’s thoughts about it or connections to what they have learned or to their life. A DEJ is an important reading strategy to do because it could be used to understand the readings more.
Free Write: A Free write is a very common writing strategy used in English 5A. This is writing about a topic given in a certain amount of time not thinking about essay structure or what is being written. The writer writes in a fast pace, trying to get all their ideas written down before the time runs out. This is useful when it comes to writing about a new topic because this could help you come up with new ideas or it could be used as a starting point for a paper. A free write could help the writer think of things he didn’t think of before.
Pre-Writing: Pre-writing is a writing strategy that is used before writing an essay. A pre-write is used to write...
... middle of paper ...
...use an analysis of what the author says is required and the writer also needs to include the credibility of the author. Writing this type of summary is useful when you need to connect a piece of writing or an article to your paper. Even if it’s a small section of the article that talks about your issue, you could write a pointed summary and only summarize the sections that include the subject of your paper.
Annotated Bibliography: An annotated bibliography is a writing strategy that is very helpful when writing essays. Annotated Bibliographies include writing a short summary of the source and in the summary, you could write important quotes or data you would want to include in the writing assignment. This could prove to be very useful if the annotated bibliography is done before the actual assignment because you will know where to look for certain information.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Journal of a Titanic Passenger I am writing my first entry aboard this incredible vessel today, primarily because I have been spending the last three days exploring the sections open to my fellow third-class passengers and I. What I have seen is extraordinary, especially when first boarding the ship. The halls and staircases of the first class section were like nothing I had ever seen before in my life. They were blanketed in luxury from end to end. The first class passengers I had managed to see wore their best garments boarding the ship and were conversing with each other about their rich lives back home.... [tags: Journal Diary entry titanic Essays]
534 words (1.5 pages)
- Initial Journal Entry #3 This is a poem by Rev. Luther F. Beecher (1903): Gone from my Sight I am standing upon the seashore. A ship, at my side, spreads her white sails to the moving breeze and starts for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength. I stand and watch her until, at length, she hangs like a speck of white cloud just where the sea and sky come to mingle with each other. Then, someone at my side says, “There, she is gone. Gone where. Gone from my sight. That is all. She is just as large in mast, hull and spar as she was when she left my side.... [tags: Afterlife, Death, Soul, Mind]
2013 words (5.8 pages)
- Wall of Silence Journal Entry 1 Before starting this course and before reading the first section of Wall of silence: The untold story of the medical mistakes that kill and injure millions of Americans, I did not have much awareness of medical errors. My awareness extends to hearing stories about medical utensils and supplies being left in patients after surgery or hearing stories of patient receiving the wrong dose of medication, but hearing stories about the extent of deaths related to medical errors left me astonished.... [tags: Health care provider, Patient, Iatrogenesis]
943 words (2.7 pages)
- JOURNAL ENTRY WEEK NINE PART A The five wishes or the advanced directive is a document that is created by the American Bar Associations commission on law an aging in collaborations with the law nation’s leading experts in the end of life care. American Association of Colleges of Nursing, (2011). The document talks about personal, spiritual, emotional as well as medical needs. The contents of this document explains the person that you will want to make health care decisions for, in case you are not able to do so, how you want to be treated in case you become severely ill, the type of medical treatment you want, how comfortable you want to be, how people should treat you and for the family... [tags: Health care provider, Patient, Medicine]
1530 words (4.4 pages)
- Wall of Silence Journal Entry Two In today’s heath care, informatics and technology are a crucial part in tracking and improving patient care. Developing competencies through education enhances the nurse’s ability to provide safe and effective care in an environment where technology is progressing. Nursing has expanded to organizations that employ nursing informatics professionals and according to Kleib, Simpson, and Rhodes (2016), “nursing informatics professionals in executive leadership roles reported better clinical system processes and better overall quality of care for patients”.... [tags: Health care, Health care provider, Healthcare]
874 words (2.5 pages)
- Journal Entry 4 Books and Media – Maria Luiza Perez Chavez Books one would say is what began the world of media, if not books then at least newspapers, but one thing is stories and the telling of them has been around since the beginning of time. We spend our lives telling stories; we can say that there is not a day we do not tell a story of some kind. The things we talk about have been around for centuries entertaining people and spreading around as myths and legends that some still listen to and preach today.... [tags: E-book, Book, Advertising, Public library]
731 words (2.1 pages)
- Each week I have been writing in my identity journal and each time it seem to help answer the question of how do I identify who I am. In are world we identity are self in two ways who we really are and who we what other to believe we are. This is us wearing a mask. In week five and six we had to write our entry was a creative piece—a short story, poem, drawing, or other creative form explore issues of identity. This was for me a poem and a drawing that went with my drawing on how we all wear mask.... [tags: Journal, identity, ]
728 words (2.1 pages)
- The Very Last Journal Entry I just had an appointment for a philosophy student, probably my first one this semester. He was writing a paper and it was the exact same topic that I had had in my philosophy class last year. It was really nice to know exactly what to tell him since I had been through the same experience. Being a philosophy major, I know the type of writing that philosophy teachers like: papers with a very orderly structure and statements that are backed up heavily.... [tags: Papers]
340 words (1 pages)
- Mad Cow Disease Journal Entry January 6th, 2004 Garden Grove, California Dear Journal, Mother has just gotten back from the grocery store. She's loading up the refrigerator with chicken, fish, and eggs--no red meat once again. Oblivious to the complaints about father saying the risk to human health from Mad Cow Disease is low and that he has got to have his meat. What can I say. A man has got to have his red, red meat. It has only been less than a year since the World Reference Laboratory has confirmed that a cow killed in Alberta, Canada was tested positive for bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE) also known as Mad Cow Disease among the public.... [tags: Pesonal Narrative Diary disease Essays]
897 words (2.6 pages)
- Food Journal Analysis The following is an analysis of Joe Smith's food intake for one day by using the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion (CNPP) website using a food tracker program. The analysis addresses the serving sizes consumed, which food groups were represented, and adjustments in consumption that should be made since Mr. Smith would like to loose weight. Visual representations are attached for reference in the appendix. Comparison Joes's recorded protein intake was 180 grams.(Figure 3) When compared with the Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion (CNPP) recommendation of 56 grams, there is a one hundred and 24 gram differen... [tags: Food Journal Diet Analysis ]
1122 words (3.2 pages)