What is erotica? By definition it is explicit sexual literature or art, however that is nothing more than a black and white definition. Pornography is found everywhere and anywhere but it was like this in the past as well. Looking at a painting, maybe even a sculpture can be considered art today but in truth it might be nothing more but pornography. Pornography (erotica) is its own genre but it can be hidden in film and cartoons meant for children. After interviewing a young woman named, McKenzie Hulett, a high school student. “She has agreed to viewing pornography before the interview, Hulett does not see pornography ass art or trash, Hulett believes that no real talent is needed for the job. Hulett does agree that porn has become more main stream in all form of media” (Hulett).
“In 1908, archaeologist Josef Szombathy discovered a small naked figure outside in the mud outside Willendorf, Australia”(Cothran 14). Erotica, pornography, or wha...
... middle of paper ...
...ion. 01 Apr. 2014
Uidhir, Mist Mag. “Why Pornography Can’t Be Art” Project Muse. April, 2009 Philosophy and vvvvvvLiterature. 1 Apr. 2014
“Sex in Cinema: Greatest and Most Influential Erotic/Sexual Film and Scenes” Sex in Cinema: vvvvvvGreatest and Most Influential Erotic/Sexual Film and Scenes. N.p., nd. Web 09 Apr. 2014 bbbbbb2014
McKay, Brett Kate, McKay. The Problem with Porn” Artofmanliness.com. 11 May 2009. The vvvvvvArt of Manliness RSS 02 Apr.2014
Rae, Michale C. “What Is Pornography?” Wiley.com 17 Dec. 2002. Michael C. Rae. 26. Mar. ffffff 2014
Ni, Yang and Daniel Linz. “Movie Ratings and the Content of Adult Videos: The Sex-Violence vvvvvRatio” Wiley.com 7 Feb 2006. Journal of Communication 02 Apr. 2014.
“The Negative Effects of Porn” Oprah.com Jan. 2008. 02 Apr 2014
Hulett, McKenzie. “View of Pornography Interview” Personal Interview. Apr 2014
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- What is pornography. And why is it in such demand. Pictures, movies, internet, ext. showing or describing people naked, having sex, or doing any explicit things to cause sexual excitement, is pornography. There are many reasons, why pornography is in demand. Pornography is used for arousal, pleasure, training, prevention. Everyone who chooses to engage in pornography, has there own reasons, as to why. Utilitarianism is an ethical issue of pornography. Utilitarianism; A natural way to see whether an act is the right thing to do (or the wrong thing to do) is to look at its results, or consequences.... [tags: Ethics, Morality, Pope John Paul II]
1063 words (3 pages)
- The history of pornography is as old as time. The word “pornography” derives from the Greek words for “sexual slave”, “harlot”, and “description of”. Originally, it was a mean for describing scenarios of sexual slavery or the purchase of sex from women, both of which involve an imbalance of power, mostly between men and women. (Carse) In the earlier times, pornography focused on standards of abuse and degradation rather than on the goal of eliciting pleasure from the viewer. Because of this, there was an early emphasis in the inequality of the sexes and the subordination of women depicted in pornography.... [tags: Pornography Essays]
1202 words (3.4 pages)
- Whether pornography is an excuse to make acts of violence public. A big number of famous scholars, no matter men or women, have given their opinions. Each of them has their own view, but we can sort them into two groups, which are against to serious censorship and willing to convict and uproot pornography. Because of pornography, women’s status can never be equal to men’s. Recently, a revolution about the perception of moral values comes out in the world, which refers to how deep the changes of the method people think and act.... [tags: Pornography Essays]
1630 words (4.7 pages)
- Women today have made strides in narrowing the gender gap with men, beating them in college admission (Francis), and reducing the pay-gap between the sexes by about 17 cents on the dollar over the past 20 years (United States). Despite noticeable advances for women, the notions of sexual female taboo and misogyny still remain ever present. Gender roles and sexuality are a major conflict in American politics today. In the race for the republican nomination for president, Rick Santorum has stated that "America is suffering a pandemic of harm from pornography (Friedersdorf).” A self-described crusader for family values, he has also detailed in his writing that "In far too many families with you... [tags: Pornography Essays]
2187 words (6.2 pages)
- Steven Hirsch is still a handsome man at age 39; he has a golden tan, long brown hair, and a new black Ferrari. Steven founded Vivid Videos in 1984 when he was 23. Now president of the lucrative company, he discusses brand recognition and foreign licensing rights from his office nestled in the solid middle class community of Van Nuys, California. Steven sounds much like the young Hollywood movie executives not far from his inconspicuous studios ... until he starts listing some of his company's video credits: Ho-tel Pacifico, Lonestar Virgins #9, and Life on Beaver Ave.... [tags: Pornography Essays]
1937 words (5.5 pages)
- Porn, its everywhere. Go to any major search engine and you are well on your way to viewing some of the finest cyber porn around. No age verification, no credit card required, all it takes is just a couple of clicks on the mouse. But wait a second, why is it so easy, was it always like this. Not really, as we have seen, the Internet and the pornography industry have come together to make quite an explosion that has brought many issues to the surface. It's a scary fact to realize that 83.5% images available on the Internet are pornographical.... [tags: Internet Pornography Essays]
2226 words (6.4 pages)
- Pornography is an issue that has and will continue to cause much debate. While there are many people who see pornography as degrading, sinful, and disgusting, there is also a large number of people who see it as a turn on, a form of sexual expression, and entertainment. Webster’s Dictionary defined pornography as merely “the depiction of erotic behavior (as in pictures or writing) intended to cause sexual excitement.” Yet there is still the everlasting question which is “does pornography serve a real purpose, and if so what purpose it that?” continues.... [tags: Pornography Essays]
2486 words (7.1 pages)
- The Pornography Debate Pornography has been the topic of discussion in the court systems for years. Many would like to see legislation against it and software to filter it. The problem is it's not that easy and making laws against it would pose a problem against the first amendment. There have many issues brought up on the grounds that it is demoralizing to women and is filth for the eyes of children. But, is pornography really that harmful. There are many reasons why the government is having trouble putting restrictions on pornography.... [tags: Pornography]
823 words (2.4 pages)
- The topic “Is pornography an inducement to rape?’ discusses that whether pornography can be considered as a consequence of rape. In other words, that is to indicate whether some behaviors such watching or reading pornography could encourage people, especially males, to commit sexual assault. This essay involves the discussion of the activity of pornography is positive or negative, necessary or unnecessary, harmful or harmless to those who watch pornography as a significant encouragement of rape or not.... [tags: Pornography Essays]
1378 words (3.9 pages)
- Pornography is a large issue in the United States and is especially debated within the Constitutional right of freedom of speech. The current law on pornography in America is that anyone under the age of eighteen who accesses pornographic material is subject to persecution. There are many arguments on both sides of the debate, including: a modified age for legal pornography access. This argument emphasizes the fact that if we want to be a truly free country, there should be no limitations on what we watch.... [tags: Internet Pornography]
750 words (2.1 pages)