The goals and mission of San Diego State University are diverse including providing an understanding of various world cultures, advancing human thought and encouraging intellectual development for its students. To achieve this mission, the university provides a knowledgeable educational staff from around the world who offers an interdisciplinary perspective to students. At the same time, the faculty strives to support creativity and innovation amongst its student body.
Because this is an older university, several on campus building have historical...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- San Diego State University (SDSU) is located on 283-acres in beautiful California. Founded in 1897 and home to more than 28,000 students, the university is one of oldest and the largest institutions of higher learning in San Diego county. Consistently topping the list for most applied to universities in California, acceptance rates are selective for undergraduates and highly selective for transfer students. SDSU is nationally recognized for many outstanding aspects, including academics, athletics, community engagement, and student life.... [tags: University, Student, College, Higher education]
711 words (2 pages)
- Overview of Management: Kudler Fine Foods As described in the Kuder Fine Foods Simulation, Kudler Fine Foods is a local upscale specialty food store located in the San Diego metropolitan area. The company has three locations (La Jolla, Del Mar and Encinitas). Each store has approximately 16,000 square feet of retail space located in a fashionable shopping center (University of Phoenix, 2004). The stores are stocked with the very best domestic and imported foodstuffs and divided into five departments consisting of a fresh bakery and pastries, fresh produce, fresh meat and seafood, condiments and packaged foods and lastly cheese's and specialty dairy products.... [tags: Business Management Analysis]
1772 words (5.1 pages)
- Overview of Management-Kudler Fine Foods Kudler Fine Foods, a gourmet food store was founded by Kathy Kudler in 1998 with the vision to provide customers with a variety of quality products such as bakery, meat and seafood, cheese and dairy, wine, and produce with over 350 fresh fruits, vegetables, herbs and spices from all over the world. Kudler Fine Foods opened its first store at La Jolla, California and within five years of operations expanded to Del Mar in the year 2000 and Encinitas in the year 2003 all stores located in San Diego County, California.... [tags: Business Management ]
877 words (2.5 pages)
- ... Matthews after famous Marine marksman Calvin B. Matthews in 1942. After WWII, local residents of the city of La Jolla became increasingly concerned over the existence of a military base in their community. In 1959, a bill was passed in Congress to transfer the military base to the University of California. On October 6th, 1964, Camp Calvin B. Matthews was deeded to UCSD, in same year, the first undergraduate college, Revelle, took in the first undergraduate class. Through careful observation at the site and particularly the drinking fountain, I can see how discourse, power, gaze, and taste are applied and functioning through and around the site.... [tags: War, Campus, Statue]
976 words (2.8 pages)
- Public education, something everyone must go through growing up or to further expand career options in higher level education. I type this essay as a student in the American public education system. Almost every individual understands what this system is, but not exactly how it works. In my experience, I have encountered some very unfair acts that affect me negatively due to a corrupt system. Many others will tell a similar story. We fight through this system as a means of more opportunity in the future; After all, this is the land of opportunity, however, not everyone is given the same opportunity.... [tags: High school, Education, School, Secondary school]
732 words (2.1 pages)
- Lying alongside the Pacific Ocean in the La Jolla community of San Diego, The University of California, San Diego is a public university that was founded in 1960. UC San Diego is well known for both its outstanding and challenging academic programs. Being one of the top-ranked public universities in the nation, analyzing the violent crime rate in the city where UC San Diego is located is important. The data that relates to the violent crime rate in this city can reveal how students who are enrolled in the university may be affected during their academic career while attending the UC San Diego.... [tags: Federal Bureau of Investigation, Crime]
770 words (2.2 pages)
- Overall, in regards to certification the San Diego Convention Center concentrates mostly on Environmental sustainability and less in the areas of social, economic, and culture. While there were significant impacts on all levels, it does seem that SDCC focuses more on the areas which is actively has to measure for its LEED certification. The most significant gaps found in this analysis were in the transparency of the sustainability efforts. Staff are often well versed in the areas that apply to them directly, but unaware of the project as a team effort.... [tags: Sustainability, Renewable energy, Energy, Sun]
1053 words (3 pages)
- Islam is the submission of the well of human being to the creator of all beings. By time, people forget the message and live on earth without understanding their purpose, ignorance start to spread among individuals and vivid the truth. In my visit to the Islamic center of San Diego, Imam Taha Hassane helped me and my non muslim classmates to understand why islamophobia is on the rise after he had explained what is Islam and the story of prophet Muhammad. It is astonishing how the Islamic center of San Diego is not simply a place for praying, but a place for education, children to play, adults to worship God in a very energetically diverse and peaceful place.... [tags: Islam, Muhammad, Qur'an, Sharia]
812 words (2.3 pages)
- The City of San Diego is facing a deficit and one of the areas that need to be looked at is park services. After the City Council meeting, I was asked to cut the budget by ten percent. As a director of the City of San Diego park services, I have a plan to make some changes. My analysis will includes how it needs to be done, what obstacles could happen, who is affected, what are the disciplines, and how can I make sure that the plan is being implemented. First, let’s look at how the cut would affect services, like recreation programs.... [tags: Management, Tax, Municipality, Public finance]
730 words (2.1 pages)
- The San Diego politicians are waging a War of Intolerance and you are the victims. They have passed laws that outlaw skate boarding, dancing, and even cruising. And there is no end in sight. There latest law of intolerance is the San Diego Juvenile curfew. The teen curfew forbids people under 18 from being out past 10 pm. In June of 1997, that curfew was ruled unconstitutional by a Federal Court. So what did the City Council do. They simply revised the curfew by adding some narrow exceptions. 20 days later we started to fight back.... [tags: persuassive essay]
1584 words (4.5 pages)