Quicken Loans has been successful in creating a corporate culture that is “an exceptional and rewarding place to work”. (Salinger, 2007) In the case of “Fun plus hard work equals success for Quicken Loans” the corporate culture is investigated. The study highlights the fact that the “corporate culture mixes causal with high energy”. (Gallagher & Reindl 2013) Quicken employees either “adapt to this high-energy culture or work can seem a high-pressure chamber where leaders extol workers to sell, sell, sell”. (Gallagher & Reindl 2013) This analysis will take into consideration case studies, theses, and interviews to dissect and apply cultural theory to the corporate environment at the Detroit office of Quicken.
Quicken Loans is the brainchild of lawyer and real estate tycoon Dan Gilbert. Quicken is “well respected in the lending industry and is recognized as the number one online retail home lender in the country by National Mortgage News”. (Salinger, 2007) Since the beginning Quicken has been recognized as one of the top employers in the nation. Quicken has earned many accolades including:
Ranked among the top 30 companies on FORTUNE Magazine’s annual “100 Best Companies to Work For” list for 11 consecutive years.
Named a J.D. Power and Associates 2010 Customer Service Champion – one of only 40 companies named in the U.S.
Named one of Computerworld’s “100 Best Places to Work in IT” for the past nine years, ranking #1 in 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2013.
Named in the “Training Top 125” by Training Magazine for excellence in training and development in 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014. (Awards & Kudos, n.d.)
Quicken has created a corporate culture that frowns upon the use of titles such as supervisor/employ...
... middle of paper ...
Fortune Magazine Names Quicken Loans a Top-5 Best Place to Work in America. (2014, January 16). -- DETROIT, Jan. 16, 2014. PRNewswire. Retrieved February 15, 2014, from http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/fortune-magazine-names-quicken-loans-a-top-5-best-place-to-work-in-america-240485181.html
Miller, K. (2011). Organizational communication: Approaches and processes (6th edition). Boston, MA: Wadsworth Cengage Learning.
Segal, D. (2013, June 8). An Oasis in a Desert of Customer Service. The New York Times.
"Our ISMs." (n.d.). Quicken Loans Press Room. Web. 17 Feb. 2014.
“Awards & Kudos.” (n.d.). Quicken Loans Careers. Retrieved February 16, 2014, from http://www.quickenloanscareers.com/about/
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Over the past several years, members of Congress and the Department of Defense (the Department) were notified about the negative effects exorbitant high interest payday loans were having on service members and their families. In 2006, the Department made a report to Congress Senate Banking Committee tilted “The Report of Predatory Lending Practices Directed at Members of the Armed Forces and their Dependents.” This study explored the pitfalls and the ramifications of exorbitant high interest payday loans directed at service members and their families.... [tags: Payday Loans]
1209 words (3.5 pages)
- FHA mortgage loans are part of a nationwide lending program that allows Americans who may not qualify for a conventional mortgage to purchase a home. The Federal Housing Administration, more often known as FHA, is run by the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). An FHA mortgage is an attractive proposition for anyone who qualifies for the opportunity to make a lower down payment and to pay reduced closing costs, when purchasing a home. These are just part of the deal you get with an FHA mortgage.... [tags: fha loans, mortgage, housing loans]
696 words (2 pages)
- If you are looking to invest your property and enjoy the benefits year after year, refinancing with an FHA loan puts your investment to work for you. Letting you reduce the interest rate of your home, while making sure you don’t default on your mortgage payments. The Federal Government issues a loan insured by the Federal Housing Administration reducing the risk of loss. This program was instated due to a massive amount of foreclosures and defaults in the 1930’s. This new program had stimulated the housing market; making sure home loans were easily achieved.... [tags: fha loans, mortages, home owners]
736 words (2.1 pages)
- As a newcomer to the world of home buying in the state of Texas, it’s important to do research on loans and mortgages. Maybe you’re fed up with making rent payments or maybe you’re newly married and ready join the ranks of being a home owner. Put simply, you know you don’t have a lot of money and homes that need some repairs or updating are the only homes in your price range. This situation may seem less than ideal, but is one that many people are finding themselves in. Fear not, this is the age of do-it-yourself.... [tags: loans, mortages, home owner, fha]
707 words (2 pages)
- Getting an education is a valuable tool for any career. Canada offers an education through wonderful universities. Many delay or postpone their education due to the lack of financial funding. There are numerous scholarships available to individuals with a desire to gain further education. Many universities offer programs known as work- study programs. Theses programs are designed for the student to be employed through the university they are attending and a partial amount of the income earned will be applied to the education cost.... [tags: Scholarships, Grants, Loans, Continued Education, ]
568 words (1.6 pages)
- System Overview The Lake County Library System consists of an administrative office located in Tavares, nine member libraries, and six branch libraries. Member libraries include: Fruitland Park Library; Helen Lehmann Memorial Library in Montverde; Lady Lake Public Library; Leesburg Public Library; Marianne Beck Memorial Library in Howey-in-the-Hills; Minneola Schoolhouse Library; City of Tavares Public Library; Umatilla Public Library; and the W.T. Bland Public Library in Mount Dora. Branch libraries include: Astor County Library; Cagan Crossings Community Library in the Four Corners area; Cooper Memorial Library in Clermont; East Lake County Library in Sorrento; Marion Baysinger Memorial C... [tags: System Overview]
1892 words (5.4 pages)
- If you need money for something other than your living expenses, then credit cards and personal loans may be the way to go. If you need money for your living expenses, then you need to improve your budgeting, and you may benefit from an overdraft rather than a personal loan. An arranged overdraft may be suitable if you are having money troubles. If you are having trouble making ends meet, then credit card or personal loan is not the answer because they will increase your monthly outgoings, which will make it harder to make ends meet.... [tags: Credit, Debt, Credit card, Loan]
1498 words (4.3 pages)
- QuickenInsurance: The Race to Click and Close Background of Steve Aldrich Steve Aldrich graduated from the Stanford Graduate School of Business in July 1995. One month after graduating, Steve and a partner decided to launch an online insurance "dot-com", as they saw a niche for online insurance products. One year after launching his company, Mr. Aldrich sold it to Intuit for $10 million. Steve then became the general manager of QuickenInsurance, which was owned by Intuit. In the summer of 2000, Mr.... [tags: Business Analysis Insurance]
1326 words (3.8 pages)
- Relocation is always an exciting experience and a challenge to the people who have no knowledge about the deployed country. Therefore, we are happy to provide any assistance for your upcoming journey. This article is aim to provide information of Singapore to help you gain your knowledge before your arrival. It includes brief introduction and some suggestions. We hope you may find it useful. History Singapore, strategically situated at the Southern tip of the Malayan Peninsula, between Malaysia and Indonesia, is an island city state with 714 sq km.... [tags: Country Overview, Geography]
1774 words (5.1 pages)
- Borrowers flooded the Department of Education and lenders with phone calls as they rushed to beat the deadline to consolidate student loans before interest rates rise. The variable interest rate on federal student loans will rise nearly 2 percentage points after midnight Thursday. Some borrowers could save thousands of dollars over the lives of their loans by consolidating at the lower rate. The unusually sharp increase has prompted a wave of last-minute inquiries, causing back-ups for banks' 800 numbers and at the Department of Education's Direct Loan Servicing Center, where at least some calls weren't getting through Wednesday.... [tags: essays research papers]
405 words (1.2 pages)