Looking back to last year, when I looked at my final grades for the spring semester, It 's getting me nostalgic. I remember looking at my final grades staring right at webstar IVC page where it showed my final grades and feeling my heart sink because I knew this was my fault for not pushing myself to motivate myself to go to class. At the end of 2014 spring semester it was disaster for me. It was finals at IVC and had no motivation whatsoever to improve my falling GPA. I had no idea where my future was going or what I wanted to do. At the end of the day, I was 18 years old just out of high school that did not know what I wanted to do or what to major in. In my point of view most of us students feel really pressured to know what to do for our rest of our lives just right after high school when we don’t even know what we want to eat that after noon. It was no excuse that I was not doing any good in classes or even showing up but felt there was nothing, I could do.
I was always that student with a good GPA turned everything on time and tried at every ...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- It is known that the key to classroom success is participation which means that students should be engaged in open discussions and they have to feel involved. This participation can be maintained by asking questions and also by anticipating the content of the lesson. Nevertheless, sometimes it is hard to pay attention during the whole class-session; here, we can put the blame on boredom, on the distractors or on the instructor’s style. So, how do we overcome such a difficulty. And what are the tips for focusing in class.... [tags: distractions, punctuality, respect]
527 words (1.5 pages)
- Overcoming Obstacles Most people tend to let ones anxiety control him, their fears scare them and obstacles get in their way. If one lets this get in his way, then there’s no possible way that he will be able to overcome his obstacles. For example, a great artist named Phil Hansen had been diagnosed with nerve damage and he let his obstacles get in his way of creating art. In addition to this, a journalist named James Collier suffered of anxiety and he let his anxiety control him. Hansen had to embrace his shake, Collier overcame his anxiety and I had to overcome anxiety at a certain point in my life as well.... [tags: Anxiety, Fear, Panic attack, Anxiety disorder]
1050 words (3 pages)
- The issue at stake is being able to break the cycle of failure. Most companies that provide services tolerate a high turnover and expect employee dissatisfaction (Schlesinger, Heskett, 1991). The managers need to be able to change the work environment and turn things around. If the employees are dissatisfied, it is up to management to assess that and come up with new strategies to bring about employee satisfaction. Companies need winners at the front line, not just warm bodies. Employees need to be fulfilling the tasks assigned to them.... [tags: Customer service, Customer, Company, Companies]
1038 words (3 pages)
- Kingsford Charcoal: Overcoming the Softening in the Charcoal Category PROBLEM STATEMENT Taking into account the slowdown in the overall charcoal category, the main problem of Kingsford Charcoal (KC) is how to determine the right strategy in order to improve its sales and profits and ensure future growth of the company. This strategy has the following issues: 1. How to overcome the penetration of gas grill usage. 2. Increasing advertising - will it help the company to improve the sales. 3. How to extend the seasonality of business.... [tags: Business Analysis Strategy]
1058 words (3 pages)
- Throughout my entire writing career I have always had difficulty writing. For one I have never enjoyed it because I am usually not interested in the topic. I also seem to get writers block half way thru whenever I write a paper. My final big problem with writing is that I always procrastinate before I have a paper due. My main problems with writing are procrastinating and having writers block. Writers from professional to elementary students suffer from writers block. Writers block is when you cannot think of anything to write.... [tags: Composition]
1006 words (2.9 pages)
- Everyone is on a road of difficulties and trials. We face these trials everyday sometimes we work hard to resolve them. On the other hand sometimes people will be afraid of the problems that come their way. We sometimes will try to escape it but it will be their festering in our lives and in our minds. Until one day we decide to take action, the time we decide to mend the problem is the day we can change and rid the problem from our lives for good. Nonetheless if we do not bring forth courage and put forth the chance to mend our problems we might become penetrated with fear.... [tags: Faith vs. Fear]
2181 words (6.2 pages)
- Reasons Behind the Failure of the Provisional Government The provisional government was brought about after the fall of the Tsarist government collapsed. This was done purely because of lack of support for the Tsar and being the only major party. They were in power for 8months and after making five serious errors; they were removed from power by force. Kerensky ran the provisional government and it was his lack of judgement, just like the Tsars stupidity and gullibility that let him down.... [tags: Papers]
818 words (2.3 pages)
- The Price of Success Paulo Coelho's argument does have merit. Yes, everyone has a personal calling, but not all of us are able to achieve it due to our lack of courage. In most cases such as mine, fear is the root of all my problems; it shackles me. However, this is not the case for Santiago, in the novel The Alchemist, and with that I found exaltation. In the novel, Santiago manages to overcome all the obstacles that he happens upon whether it be internally or externally. The dilemma's that he encounters, I strongly identify with because I contend with them daily: the fear of responsibility, suffering and most of all the fear of failure.... [tags: Thematic Analysis, Overcoming Fears]
786 words (2.2 pages)
- In the book, “Good Strategy/Bad Strategy the Difference and Why it Matters,” by Richard P. Rumelt describes the difference between the two strategies by providing different examples. The book is divided in three different parts the first part consists of “Good and Bad Strategy,” followed by the “sources of power,” and the last part consists of “Thinking like a Strategist.” In the introduction chapter Rumelt describes how good strategy looks simple and obvious not requiring much to explain. He furthermore says that such strategies do not come from some tool or chart it is however identified by a talented leader who highlights one or two critical situations.... [tags: natural source, goals, objectives, failure]
530 words (1.5 pages)
- People usually afraid of failure because they tried to do something and failed, or took a risk and it didn’t pay off, or made a decision and it turned out to be the wrong one. That fear of failure create the stress and anxiety when people want to do something hard or try something new. Just because you tried something two or three time and failing does not mean the entire idea is a mistake. Do you expect to get a Blackjack on every game that you played. That would be an impossible thing to do. There is no success that comes without failure, where failure is experiences and lessons that help you to perfect your works.... [tags: Failure, Success, Basketball]
772 words (2.2 pages)