Essay PreviewMore ↓
Printed questionnaires Intelligent Character Recognition (ICR) would be the best choice. Its the ICR technology that allows data capture software to automatically to, read information from all types of documents - even handwritten ones. Telephone survey-voice recognition is best because a voice input device can be programmed to distinguish answers spoken into the receiver allowing it to all be completed by computers. Bank checks- scanning devices that recognizes bar codes are called MICR (Magnetic Ink Character Recognition) a magnetic scanning input device. ..Stair and Reynolds(2006).
A MICR input system will magnetize the information at the bottom of the check for simple interpretation. Retail tags- The best data input for retail tags would be a bar code scanner. This is called an optical scanning input device. By using a bar code scanner manual input if numbers into a keypad is not necessary. ... Specific codes apply to certain types of merchandise Long documents- Document scanners with a DMS (Document Management Service) to store data after it has been scanned would be the best choice. Lais Sami, (2002,)...
Computerworld. A handheld computer device for data acquisition is described. The device includes a hardware interface to be connected to a processing device and to an attachable sensor. The device also includes a data module to interact with the sensor and with the processing device and a display module to display data collection results on a display of the processing device. (Freepatentsonline)
The best output for color photograph would be a display monitor and a printer. - The best output for printing a resume would be a laser desktop printer. The reason for this is because most of the time resumes are created at home and printed from there. In addition the laser produces the best quality of document and a resume is an important document. When someone is looking for a job his or her resume is outputted by being printed on a special resume paper and that hard copy is submitted to the potential employer. Many employers have also been accepting resumes through email. The best output for memorandum would be a high volume printer. The reason for this selection is because of its ability to print out many copies. A memorandum usually needs to be passed out to many people in a company and the printer would be able to create these documents quickly.
How to Cite this Page
"Output, input, Storage and Speed of the Computer." 123HelpMe.com. 19 Jun 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Input/ Output Storage Paper Accuracy of data input is important. It is important to know, not so much where the data comes from or how it is processed but whether the results are useful and valuable. There are many different applications to consider when deciding which method is best for data input and output devices. Not only is the input important but the quality of output is very important. Feedback on the output creates the ability to go back and correct any errors that may have been made during the initial input of data.... [tags: Computer Technology]
1134 words (3.2 pages)
- An input device is any device that is connected to a computer and transfers information to react or appear on the monitor screen. Code is translated from the device to the machine. For example, a keyboard connected to a computer through a USB cord will tell the computer what letters or characters should appear on the screen. Some example of input and output devices on a computer are printers, mouse, camera, external drives, internet, microphone, and audio speakers. Storage is where information and documents are stored (computer technology, n.d.).... [tags: Computer, Integrated circuit, Input device]
1079 words (3.1 pages)
- DATA INPUT METHODS: Printed questionnaires – Depending on the type of questionnaires some form of optical data reading dives would be the best method. An OMR or Optical Mark Reader can be used in conjunction with special paper called mark sense form in order to easily input data from questionnaires where people just simply mark their answer from an already defined set of answers to a question. Another type of optical data reading that can be used with questionnaires is called OCR or optical character reader.... [tags: Data]
1570 words (4.5 pages)
- Input Devices Any input device is any hardware device that sends data to the computer. Without any input devices, a computer would only be a display device and not allow users to interact with it. (Input Device). A couple examples are barcode reader, scanner, keyboard, and even a finger if you’re using it for a touchscreen. Drives such as CD-ROM, DVD, and a floppy disk may be capable of sending the computer information, but they are not input devices. These are considered storage devices. Any information or data that’s entered or sent to the computer to be processed is considered input and anything that is displayed from the computer is output (Input Device).... [tags: storage, keyboard, smartphone]
856 words (2.4 pages)
- Introduction This paper will take a closer look at data input and also data output considerations. There are many different choices when it comes to data input/output options. While it is good to have many choices, there are usually some considerations that are required to make the best possible decision. The second section of this paper will concentrate on the difference between primary and secondary storage. Lastly, the different roles of computer components and their impact on overall computer speed will be explored.... [tags: Data Technology Computer]
1807 words (5.2 pages)
- Data Input, Output, Storage and Access Methods The purpose of this paper is to highlight some best practices for data input and output. In addition, this paper will highlight appropriate uses of various storage means. Lastly, it will address the effect certain components of a computer have on its overall speed. Accuracy of Data Input There are various methods for entering data into a computer system. Depending on the medium in which the original data is contained, and how it is to be stored and used later, there can be great differences in input methods.... [tags: data ]
1240 words (3.5 pages)
- The purpose of this paper is to explain the importance of accurate data input, the quality of output, and the use of different storage devices. This paper will shed light on which device is the best to use and when to use it for data storage. Another element to be discussed is the role of RAM, of clock speed, of a hard disk, of a CD ROM, and of a floppy disk and how each device determines computer speed. Through examination and exploration of each area one will achieve a better understanding of the importance of data input, data output, the advantages/disadvantage of storage options, and computer components.... [tags: Data Computers Entry]
1171 words (3.3 pages)
- Devices of Computers Computers perform the input, storage, processing, and output functions of the information system. In addition, computers and their devices need ways to communicate with one another. These devices are usually connected by electronic cables when located near each other. The factors that determine the reliability of an information system are the accuracy of data input, the convenience and quality of output, optimal use of storage devices, and the speed of a computer. Accuracy of data input is important, and computers ensure that the results are correct by not making mistakes that people do.... [tags: Computer Technology]
1396 words (4 pages)
- There are many aspects of computing that are important: accuracy of data input, convenience and quality of output, optimal storage devices, and processing speed of a computer. What are all these things and what are the best methods or types. Data Input Fundamental to accuracy of data input is assurance that the information system will be able to properly automate the collection of information and that the end-user is aware of and understands how information should be recorded. Stair and Reynolds (2006) supports, “Input can be a manual or an automated process.... [tags: Technology Computers]
1048 words (3 pages)
- Intro The need for accurate data is evident. Systems and procedures are needed to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the information being recorded and understanding the role hardware as well as software plays is important in acquiring the correct resources for any project. Accuracy of Data Input Accuracy of data input is important. What method of data input would be best for the following situations and explain why. Printed Questionnaires. Questionnaires can be input into a computer using a keyboard and computer screen.... [tags: Data]
1216 words (3.5 pages)
Statistical report - A dot matrix printer would be the best output selection for a statistical report. Because statistical reports tend to be long, this printer would do a fine job and will not cost a great deal of money For the annual report the best output for this will also be a high volume printer Different types of storage devices are optimal for different situations. Hard disks have faster data access rate and are of high capacity. They are useful in areas where it’s required to frequently read and write data to a secondary storage device like desktop PC's, Notebooks, palm pilots, servers, UNIX systems. Floppy disk is a removable storage medium. A Standard 3.5 inch floppy disk can store 1.4 MB of data. Floppies have been the most widely used removable storage medium since the mid-to-late 1980s (Stair and Reynolds) (2006) Ram is the primary storage device of a computer.
It’s the working memory of a computer. and a temporary memory which computer uses to store data like Operating system, application programs and data that are in the current use by the processor. The processor can read or write to a (RAM) much faster than any of the secondary storage devices. The more (RAM )a computer has, the more data a computer can manipulate and hence the speed of the computer. Stair and Reynolds(2006) (CD ROM (Compact Disk read-only Memory), a firmware can store and read 5 times the capacity of the floppy. Unlike the data on hard drives and diskettes, data on (CD-ROM's) can only be read. (CD-ROM) are useful where data once written are not altered like digital musical songs, games, system software's. Magnetic Tape is inexpensive and relatively stable secondary storage medium.
Large volumes of information can be stored sequentially by means of magnetized and non-magnetized spots on tape. Tapes can be used as a secondary storage device where large amount of data has to be backed up access is slowely, but usually less expensive. Flash/Jump Drive: a most convenient way to transfer files from one computer to another. Unlike the floppy disk, it can hold much more information, and unlike the 9CD-ROM), its harder to damage. Ram - As a computer processes data and instructions, it temporarily stores information internally, usually on silicon random-access memory, or (RAM), chips--often called semiconductor memory.
Usually mounted on the main circuit board inside the computer or on peripheral cards that plug into the board, each (RAM) chip may consist of as many as 16 million switches, called flip-flop switches that respond to changes in electric current. Each switch can hold one bit of data: high voltage applied to a switch causes it to hold a 1; low voltage causes it to hold a 0. This kind of internal memory is also called read/write memory. Clock Speed: which affects machine cycle time. Stair and Reynolds(2006)
The control unit executes an instruction in accordance with the electronic cycle, or pulses of the CPU “clock.” Each instruction takes at least the same amount of time as the interval between pulses. The shorter the interval between pulses, the faster each instruction can be executed. Clock speed is usually measured megahertz(MHz), or millions of cycles per second Data on hard disk - Computer data is frequently stored on a hard disk. Speed-9ms 100 MB/s 7200 RPM Capacity - 20-160 GB (for a 2001 computer). Data on CD ROM – The CD ROM has a speed of - 80-250 ms 8 MB/s (52 xs) variable Capacity - 700 MB. Data on floppy disk - Speed - Floppy disks are vey slow hard to access than hard disks and have less storage capacity, but they are much less expensive. Capacity - 1.44 MB