We all use output devices in our normal day to day life, most of us use them a lot more than we may realize now that we are in school. An output device is any processing equipment used to communicate the results of data carried out by a computer or other processing devices which turns information into an easier form for us to read. (Wikipedia).
The two main kinds of output devices that we use, this includes the printer and the display monitor. The printer is used for processing text and graphic onto paper. The ink-jet printer and laser printer are the two commonly used today with personal computers. Most ink-jet printers are reasonably fast, being about to print 12 to 36 pages a minute. The laser printer works like a copy machine and can produce many pages per minute depending on how much you would like to spend. (Shelly and Vermaat COM 9)
The two main ways printers work is either impact or nonimpact. Impact printers have a device that touches the paper and then creates an image while nonimpact does not touch the paper. The type we use most often in our homes is the nonimpact printers; these include the ink-jet and laser printers. The ink-jet printer drops ink from a nozzle onto the paper. The laser printer is a bit more complicated because it uses toner, static electricity, and heat to get the ink where you want it on the paper. This is nice though because it decreases the drying time that may cause ink to smear, especially when you are printing pictures. (Tyson)
The other type of printer that many of us may want in our house is a photo printer. These printers are mostly ink-jet printers. They are able to print colored images. Most of the photo printers are now programed so all you have to do is stick your memory ...
... middle of paper ...
...with these devices and figured out how to make them work. I cannot wait to see what the future of output devices has to offer us.
Kayne, R. What is and LCD Monitor? 15 November 2013. 21 November 2013
Larson, Rasmus. 5 Display Technologies of the Future. 20 November 2012. 21 November 2013
Miller School of Medicine University of Miami. n.d. 22 November 2013
Shelly, Gary B. and Misty E. Vermaat. Microsoft Office 2010 Indroductory. Boston: Course Technology, Cengage Learning, 2011.
Tyson, Jeff. How Inkjet Printers Work. n.d. 21 November 2013
Wikipedia. Wikipedia. 22 November 2013. 20 November 2013
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Output Devices We all use output devices in our normal day to day life, most of us use them a lot more than we may realize now that we are in school. An output device is any processing equipment used to communicate the results of data carried out by a computer or other processing devices which turns information into an easier form for us to read. (Wikipedia). The two main kinds of output devices that we use, this includes the printer and the display monitor. The printer is used for processing text and graphic onto paper.... [tags: technology, printer, monitor]
779 words (2.2 pages)
- Output Devices Output Devices are the signals or data sent from a computer system and presented to the user in a suitable format. However though CD-ROM and DVDs are not output devices, those are considered to be storage devices. Computer output devices can be organized into four simple categories, audio, graphics, text, and video. Audio is music, speech, or any other sound. Graphics are digital representations of non-text information such as drawings, charts, photographs, and animation. Text consists of letters, numbers, punctuation marks, or any other symbol that is used to create words, sentences, and paragraphs.... [tags: technology, signals, printer]
787 words (2.2 pages)
- Everything You Need To Know About Output Devices What is an output device you ask. Well, an output device is anything that can convert electronic information into hard information. The most common form of an output device would be a printer. The printer would be the device that would take the electronic information from most commonly a computer and put it on to a piece of paper and now that electronic information would be information that can be read and used. Although, output devices are not limited to printers or hard information you can hold.... [tags: virtual reality, types of printers, display device]
940 words (2.7 pages)
- Comparison (Argument) Outline Personal Computers Thesis: Personal computers today are by far superior to personal computers of 40 years ago. In today's society almost every American family owns at least one personal computer. The personal computer technology has grown greatly improving the personal computer industry. New models change every year. Each year more and more improvements are made. Personal computers today are by far superior to personal computers of 40 years ago. The operation of personal computers invented today is better than personal computers invented 40 years ago.... [tags: Computers]
408 words (1.2 pages)
- Devices of Computers Computers perform the input, storage, processing, and output functions of the information system. In addition, computers and their devices need ways to communicate with one another. These devices are usually connected by electronic cables when located near each other. The factors that determine the reliability of an information system are the accuracy of data input, the convenience and quality of output, optimal use of storage devices, and the speed of a computer. Accuracy of data input is important, and computers ensure that the results are correct by not making mistakes that people do.... [tags: Computer Technology]
1396 words (4 pages)
- ... Video Capture are expansion cards used to get audio-visual/video data to stream/play on the computer by converting the analog video signal to digital video. Video capture is the process of converting or streaming video from analog source to digital source such as video camera. Various Types of Video Capture Cards are: a)Analog Framebuffer Cards b)Analog Hardware Encoder Cards c)Digital Capture Cards d)Digital Tuner Cards 3. TV Tuner Is a type of Video Capture expansion card that recieves radio frequency enabling Television and AM/FM tuning on desktop computers.... [tags: expansion cards, wan network, data]
1250 words (3.6 pages)
- Starting back with Word Processors, computers have been around for a long time. As the world wide web grew, so did the need for better computers. With today’s standards, one would need a good computer that has speed, various capabilities, and is protected from viruses. As the computer field continues to expand to keep track of improving technology, so do other job opportunities. Once the only jobs heard of were that of IT management, computer programmers, system managers, etc. Extending past those still popular and important careers are the web page developers and designers, layout specialists, graphic artists, 3D animators; and the list goes on.... [tags: Computers Technology]
1042 words (3 pages)
- Output, input, Storage and Speed of the Computer Printed questionnaires Intelligent Character Recognition (ICR) would be the best choice. Its the ICR technology that allows data capture software to automatically to, read information from all types of documents - even handwritten ones. Telephone survey-voice recognition is best because a voice input device can be programmed to distinguish answers spoken into the receiver allowing it to all be completed by computers. Bank checks- scanning devices that recognizes bar codes are called MICR (Magnetic Ink Character Recognition) a magnetic scanning input device.... [tags: Technology Computer]
1017 words (2.9 pages)
- Computers & Communication Today, more than ever people, are using technology in many different ways. Some people are using technology for leisure purposes while others are making technology work for them. Rapid advancements in technology are forever changing the way that we as people, react with the rest of the world and with each other. My parents, and the parents of many other college students, had little exposure to computers throughout their college education. It is up to the current generation of educators and students to harness the benefits of technology so they can be applied to many aspects of life, from work to communication, and from recreation to leisure.... [tags: Technology Essays Papers]
1127 words (3.2 pages)
- This paper is about the computer. Today computers are used by hundreds of millions of people. There have been many advances in the computer. The computer used to weigh 30 tons and filled warehouse size rooms, but today can be as light as 3 pounds and fit in a persons pocket.There were basically three times the computer was mentioned. One as a mechanical computing device, in about 500 BC The other as a concept in 1833, and the third as the modern day computer in 1946. The first mechanical calculator was called the abacus.... [tags: essays research papers]
504 words (1.4 pages)