The important part of implementing my vision statement will require that students gain the 21st century skills that they need to compete in college and career settings. Above all, this will means instituting a curriculum that adheres to rigorous standards, and is rooted in STEAM educational principles. Therefore, the first thing that it will require is an expansion of our project and problem based learning opportunities. According to our district data, our students are falling behind in math; for instance only 42.1 % of our students are scoring proficient on the high school math assessment, and with reference to students in grades 3-8 that number averages to 42.7% are proficient when it comes to math assessment. This mean that as a district we must devote more time to providing our students with the skills they need to have hands on opportunities to grow their performance in mathematics. More importantly, to completely achieve my vision it will require that we devote more energy to professional development for our teachers. For instance, we are going to send a group of teachers and curriculum coordinators to the STEAM education institute that will provide them hands on training and professional development. These teachers and curriculum administrators’ will then comeback and help train other teachers and school administrators on the necessary changes that we will need to take to ensure that we are truly providing those 21st century skills.
Following, our institution of a more STEAM focused curriculum. I believe that it will be important to also put a focus toward expanding and growing our Project Lead the Way program; particularly in the realm of biomedical. Florence County is home to two ma...
... middle of paper ...
...urnished by the district technology department.
Finally, the best way to get my vision fully recognized is going to have to be bring everyone together, and ensuring that I am communicating the collaborative and cooperative goals of the district. Moreover, the vision that I am looking to achieve can only be successful if I get the buy-in from teachers, administrators, parents, and community leaders. This means that I am going to look to provide personal outreach to these groups, and seek their inputs through an 11-person strategic planning committee that will help to oversee implementation of the plans that I laid out for my vision. Overall, the only way that this vision will fully be successful is if we take full use of the research and data of our students, and enable them to utilize the skills proposed to help make our community and world; change for the better.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- 4 Five steps to implementing Management by Objectives How can Management by Objectives be implemented. As mentioned in the previous section, the application of the model has to be systematic in order for it to work. To implement it in an organisation, the following five steps are crucial for success. Drucker laid out the steps in his book and they are key to putting the model into practice. Step 1: Determining the organisational objectives First part of the model calls for the identification of the organisational objectives.... [tags: Management, Personal development, Structure]
1244 words (3.6 pages)
- Sure, most company heads know what they want their organizations to become in the future, but unfortunately unless those goals are communicated to the members who are able to position the company in such a manner to arrive at that destination, the organizations are likely to end up somewhere unintended. If those leaders fail to communicate the vision and the culture to guide the organization in the right direction, the vision of the leader is likely to never be fully realized. As Laurence J. Peter comically stated, “If you don't know where you are going, you will probably end up somewhere else.” The concept of a vision statement, if approached correctly and if properly crafted, can ensure... [tags: goals, Vision Statement, ]
602 words (1.7 pages)
- Introduction A vision is a statement that paints an idealized picture of what an organization wants to become. Jick (2002) offers a similar definition. He calls it, “an attempt to articulate what a desired future for a company would look like” (p. 142). Although many definitions for vision are similar, the effects visions have on organizations vary. For some the vision is an agent of change, for others it is a source of confusion. The difference lies in certain elements of the vision, and how the leader implements the vision throughout the organization.... [tags: Business, Constructing a Vision Statement]
969 words (2.8 pages)
- In the essay I will be comparing and contrasting two fortune 500 companies while also explaining the principle value of two vision statements, the principle value of two mission statements. I will also offer how the mission and vision declarations help in choosing an business particular approach. To see the two, a vision statement gives a connection 's ideal objective and explanation for closeness, while a statement of purpose gives an outline of the meeting courses of action to appreciate that vision by perceiving the association areas, target social event of onlookers, and qualities and goals of the alliance. A mission statement is a composed announcement of an association 's center reaso... [tags: Walt Disney, The Walt Disney Company, Statements]
750 words (2.1 pages)
- Introduction I am going to discuss what the vision, mission and value statements are and how they are important to our business. Each statement has different qualities which I will discuss in my presentation. The future of our business and the Vision of who we are goes with our philosophy and ideals of who we want to be. The vision statement should inspire your employees and give them direction on how your organization intends them to act and give them purpose. It also, gives our members understanding of what type of private club they would like to do business with.... [tags: business, statements]
909 words (2.6 pages)
- forms of leadership in existence where group interests take precedence over any one particular individual. Certain types of leadership that focus collectively on accomplishing organizational goals, objectives, mission, and vision with considerations made for group interest will supersede pseudo leadership any day of the week. The Farmers Insurance Group has already begun to challenge learned leadership skills and capabilities by revealing a path towards completing the agency acquisition position.... [tags: Strategic planning, Statements, Mission statement]
1404 words (4 pages)
- Introduction For an organization to be successful, its vision and mission statement must clearly define and communicate its business strategy in a way that can be easily understood by the employees. Vision is a mental picture of what an organization perceives for its future and mission statement defines the space in which the organization will create the strategy (Bryce, Dyer, Godfrey & Jensen, 2016). In 2010, TTC disclosed a comprehensive corporate plan aiming to revamp all aspects of its organization operations within a 5-year time frame.... [tags: Strategic planning, Strategic management]
825 words (2.4 pages)
- Luz Bracero EDL 702 Implementing the Vision 11.24.14 I felt conflicted as to which “Vision” I wanted to focus on implementing because we had to look at our school’s vision, create a vision for a “new” school, and create a vision as a group. At first I wanted to focus on my school’s vision but then I found it hard to consider the implementation process. I decided to go with the vision I created for a “new” school. If I ever decided to spread my wings, moving on from my current school building, how could I take what I have learned and stand for with me.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Academia]
1489 words (4.3 pages)
- Introduction This paper will analyze the mission and vision statements of JPMorgan Chase & Co against the performance of the organization. An evaluation of how well the company lives out its mission and vision statement will be provided. The organization’s strategic goals link to the company’s mission and vision will be assessed. An analysis of the company’s financial performance to determine the link between the company’s strategic goals, strategy, and its financial performance. A competitive and marketing analysis of JPMorgan Chase & Co will be conducted to determine its strengths and opportunities.... [tags: Mission Statements Analysis]
2211 words (6.3 pages)
- Introduction A mission and vision statement defines a facility; it provides a statement of the companies goals, values and its purpose. All employees need to be aware of this statement in-order to allow the company to succeed and accomplish their vision. Baystate Noble is a small community hospital and its mission and vision statement define the hospital very well. Their statement states the following, “It is our mission to improve the health of our patients through innovative care in a personalized environment that exceeds the expectation of our community” (“Mission and Vision”, n.d., p.... [tags: Health care, Patient, Health care provider]
914 words (2.6 pages)